4a fine haired ladies... what relaxer brand and strength do you use??

beana

I'm currently using Phytorelaxer index 2, but i think its too strong for my hair because i can't maintain much thickness with it. I thought about switching to index 1, but im not sure if it will straighten properly. I have my eyes on two relaxers... ORS olive oil relaxer in "normal" and Designer Touch texturizing relaxer in regular. any reviews on these two products??

Ladies with similiar hair types, what do you use with success?

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I have been using Designer Touch texturizing mild or regular relaxer to texturize and I find it very gentle. It doesn't burn at all and it does a great job of processing my hair.

MiWay

I used Phyto Index 1 after a 22-week stretch, and had great results. Other relaxers I've tried and liked (but not better than Phyto) are Parnevu, Soft & Beautiful, and Creme of Nature (in that order). The only major difference I can see between these is that Phyto doesn't leave my hair lifeless afterwards.

beana

I'm thinking i may just switch to the phyto index 1 and smooth it so i dont underprocess.

Dare~to~Dream

beana said:
I'm thinking i may just switch to the phyto index 1 and smooth it so i dont underprocess.

After the switch, would share your results? I'm interested in getting a relaxer and this is the one I've got my eye on. I had read that Phyto Index 1 was more of a texturizing relaxer than a straightener...so I'm interested in hearing about your results.

RabiaElaine

I use Affirm Fiberguard mild...I've been transitioning to texlaxed hair since December 2005. I don't want my hair bone straight anymore since my hair is so fine, I want to maintain more body.

PinkGyrl

I am going to use ORS normal strength on saturday.

I will post my results then

hopefully it will turn out the way i want

Hardwksister

phyto II was strong for my hair also, it burned my scalp and my hair was bone straight - lifeless. phyto i did very well on my hair but i couldn't continue to pay the $60. I've been using the sensitive scalp relaxer by Elucence and it does well, gets my hair bone straight but with body. hth.

divinefavor

My last relaxer was done by Balisi and she used Silk2. However, I previously I used ORS for a long time and loved it. I may switch back to ORS, I'm not sure though.

Crystalicequeen123

This is a good question!! I'm glad someone asked it because I was just about to post a question like this.

I'm type 4a/b, and currently my stylists puts Design Essentials mild with Shea butter in my hair. This has definitely helped me to maintain the thickness of my hair since this relaxer is more like a texturizer than a relaxer. It is so gentle. It doesn't even burn.

However, I'm thinking of switching to Design Essentials regular since I I like the more "smooth" look, and I find myself using direct heat to get that "look" that I like. I might as well just straighten my hair with the regular relaxer strength instead of using all that heat. In the heat and humidity, my hair doesn't stand a chance anymore. :ohwell: I don't like that. :nono: I think that if I continue to stretch my relaxers, I can still (hopefully!) maintain some thickness. Plus, I've heard that the Design Essentials relaxer system is pretty gentle so...hopefully even the regular strength relaxer would be okay for me. :)

Last edited: