Fine Haired Ladies...What Brand/ Strength Relaxer Do you Use?

grow

i used to use kids perms ("just for me" as an example), but they didn't always have it.

last perm, i used Soft and Beautiful regular.

beans4reezy

Jazma Wash and Wear Relaxer. I texturize with this relaxer and it leaves plently texture in my hair. This relaxer has done wonders in restoring the thickness that relaxing bone straight took away :)

amwcah

BUMPING FOR 2012

I am fine haired and texlax. I am combatting dryness, so I am considering a new relaxer. I have used ORS and Dark & Lovely recently. Mizani BB is looking goo thus far.

Mische

I use Mizani Butter Blends Lye in Medium/Regular! My hair is SUPER fine. Like, I look at my strands and wonder how they don't just melt off at the mere sight of a relaxer tub. :lol: Mizani BB leaves my hair feeling thick (I have that weighed down feeling after relaxing), silky and shiny as heck. It's also really strong. I never seem to have breakage the week after I relax and daily manipulation breakage is pretty normal for me otherwise.

amwcah

I use Mizani Butter Blends Lye in Medium/Regular! My hair is SUPER fine. Like, I look at my strands and wonder how they don't just melt off at the mere sight of a relaxer tub. :lol: Mizani BB leaves my hair feeling thick (I have that weighed down feeling after relaxing), silky and shiny as heck. It's also really strong. I never seem to have breakage the week after I relax and daily manipulation breakage is pretty normal for me otherwise.

Mische

Thank you for your reply! I want results like that. What other products do you use? Any others from the Mizani line?

candy626

I need to find a new relaxer that is strong but won't destroy my fine strands. My hair is still super curly even after years of using lye relaxers. My hair seems to naturally under process even when I have it relaxed professionally.

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
Artemis
What happens when you increase the Biotin dosage??? I just went from 5,000 to 7,800 last week. What to expect?:perplexed

For real, esp. when you go from 1000 mcg to 6275 mcg!! Crazy!!

I may try DE relaxer once I've used up my mizani...which may be awhile...

Mische

@Mische

Thank you for your reply! I want results like that. What other products do you use? Any others from the Mizani line?

amwcah

I used to use Mizani Coconut souffle and only stopped because I went no cone. I also still have a bottle of the Botanifying shampoo (it has sulfates) that I use occasionally. It's like 3 years old, I probably shouldn't even use it anymore. :look: It's is a great line though if you don't mind cones and the occasional sulfate.

I mostly use Shescentit and Darcy's Botanicals natural products. SSI Avocado, Okra, Tahitian Vanilla, Coco Creme, Papaya Souffle are amongst my staples and Darcy's Transitioning Creme and Pumpkin Condish are permanent fixtures.

solide

My stylist used Revlon Realistic Lye Relaxer in Mild. So far so good may continue to use this one as I haven't witness any dryness or excessive shedding. Also, I don't process my hair as much so I still have texture/curl pattern- similar to texlaxing.