4a/b ladies, what's your fav relaxer? And what strength?

meka

4a/b ladies, what\'s your fav relaxer? And what strength?

I am looking for a new one. Thanks

Re: 4a/b ladies, what\'s your fav relaxer? And what strength?

4a here...Affirm Lye Reg. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Thanks ladies! Anymore replies?

AFFRIM FIBERGUARD MILD (LYE) /images/graemlins/up.gif

Nu Expressions Regular Lye.
next to that its Design Essentials Mild Lye

I used to get Affirm No-Lye Mild and I (my hair) loved it for a while. Then my hair stopped liking it. I am switching now to PhytoRelaxer, but I haven't used it yet.

Right now, my hair has taken well to Affirm Mild. My hair also like the 5 n 1 Reconstructor that comes with the relaxer system. I have had the least amount of breakage post relaxer with affirm and my hair just feels so strong.

Do these relaxers straighten well, or just relax a little?

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a new one. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

ElastaQP in super or regular. /images/graemlins/weird.gif. This is the first relaxer that has straighten my hair in many years. I love this stuff. /images/graemlins/king.gif

I actually usually use "kiddie perms" (Just for Me) on my hair, but my hairstylist told me those are a big no-no. Since joining the forum & beginning to learn about product ingredients, I'm intested in trying ORS Relaxer. I believe it's somewhat of a "natural" no-lye relaxer w/o harsh chemicals. I'm trying to go 12 weeks before relaxing...

nolechik, your hair is so pretty, i love the color too.

I'm really loving Paul Mitchell. I not to sure of the strength but it gives my hair incredible bounce and sheen!

Elasta QP Mild

If you want it straight (not bone straight per se), leave it on for at least 15 minutes. If you don't want it as straight, leave it on for like 8-10 minutes. But how long you leave it on can depend on how much new growth you have too. The more new growth you have, the longer you leave it on to get it straight. Hope that helps.

[ QUOTE ]
I actually usually use "kiddie perms" (Just for Me) on my hair, but my hairstylist told me those are a big no-no. Since joining the forum & beginning to learn about product ingredients, I'm intested in trying ORS Relaxer. I believe it's somewhat of a "natural" no-lye relaxer w/o harsh chemicals. I'm trying to go 12 weeks before relaxing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful with this. ORS is a no lye relaxer....just like all the others. There may be more added in there to help stave off damage, but overall, relaxers contain chemicals.

If you want a chemical free straightener try a frizz busting straightening balm.

All relaxers have chemicals. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back