2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnExitStageLeftxu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211 317537 nappytherapy
kukaberry

Now its a bunch of us and I know that when I come in here feeling some kind of way one of my old and new buddies gon be on patrol to talk me down of the ledge!!!! joking! I am on this hair mission as of today to get to WL this year or as close as possible!!! All hand in...raise them high and holla grow grow grow!!! teeeheeee.....and I haven't been drinking! I am think that protein got me feeling some kind of way!!!!

EnExitStageLeftxu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211 317537 nappytherapy kukaberry Now its a bunch of us and I know that when I come in here feeling some kind of way one of my old and new buddies gon be on patrol to talk me down of the ledge!!!! joking! I am on this hair mission as of today to get to WL this year or as close as possible!!! All hand in...raise them high and holla grow grow grow!!! teeeheeee.....and I haven't been drinking! I am think that protein got me feeling some kind of way!!!!
Welcome 317537 nappytherapy kukaberry we are a lively bunch and do a great job of keeping each other motivated to do whatever it is we plan to do. I am finally preparing for an overdue wash day. I'm 6 months into a transition to something and using Chi Enviro to do it. I still have 70-80% relaxed ends so I'm a relaxed buddy until they kick me out. I have no plans to relax...:). Happy Hair journey!

SunySydeofLyfe

Just spritz it with some water and apply a small amount of oil and sit under the steamer (if you have one, if not just take a wet towel or tee shirt, put it on your head, put a conditioning cap on top and sit under the dryer).

Once your done, apply your favorite cream based moisturizer. It'll make you hair bounce right back.

SunySydeofLyfe

Just spritz it with some water and apply a small amount of oil and sit under the steamer (if you have one, if not just take a wet towel or tee shirt, put it on your head, put a conditioning cap on top and sit under the dryer).

Once your done, apply your favorite cream based moisturizer. It'll make you hair bounce right back.

Needed to see this about 10 minutes ago. I want to cry my hair is in several dreads....I just put some leave in on it and I'm going to bed...ill be ready to win this battle tomorrow. Need some time to access my arsenal cause I'm winning this war with minimal casualties! !!

Thank you EnExitStageLeft

Suny

EnExitStageLeftxu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211 317537 nappytherapy
kukaberry

Well garnier is not for deep conditioning. I wanted to cry but I put my big girl drawls on and kept it moving. Ive been in the shower three times and my hair was acting coocoo...im hoping this oil mix brings it back 4th time has to be a charm! To be continued. ....

Suny

I hate when that happens to me. I usually have to end up rewashing with poo. Or a acv rinse.

Wishing you all the best SunySydeofLyfe....matted hair is not cool. Been there so, so many times. I just work with one small section at a time until I finish my entire head. It's exhausting but it's the only way to win the battle/war/fight/struggle.

Wishing you all the best SunySydeofLyfe....matted hair is not cool. Been there so, so many times. I just work with one small section at a time until I finish my entire head. It's exhausting but it's the only way to win the battle/war/fight/struggle.

Thank you. I'm not going to mess with it just yet. I need to be sure my mind is right! !

Suny

EnExitStageLeft I dont think so....I had some 'pudding' mix (aphogee 2 step, cholesterol and kemi oyl) left over from my daughters hair the other day that I just smoothed on the rest of my hair.

You know this really took me to some places...lol....I was like this is some fragglenagglebullsheet and I give the fugggggg up....lol....

Then I came out of my fit and realized this is the most hair I have ever had and I like the feeling I am getting of showing and proving that I can do this so the journey continues and I am going to get to waist length one strand at a time!!!!!

All I can say is be patient and keep the faith. I ended up cutting my hair, so you just hold on and do little sections.

How's it going over there? I'm thinking about you. Hope your ok

I'm still not touching it. Tomorrow I will start fresh not sure how but I'm going to get it together. Taking notes of what not to do again. Thanks for thinking of me....thats why I love this place!

Suny

If EnExitStageLeft is still up in here while transitioning then I guess it's okay to join still. Right now I'm in braids and idk what I'm doing with my hair in the future but break has been nice and I research regimens and products and hair straightening methods.

How many weeks post are you right now?
I am 11 weeks post. Yay!! Longest stretch in years.

How long are you stretching?
I plan to stay in braids until March, which will be close to five months post by then. I may end up getting a texturizer (still doing my research) or using hear like a ****.

Any other info?
I love straight hair and on a it's warmer I will be working out daily so whatever hair technique I use has to make sense for that. At the same time, I am so tired of having healthy but short hair. I want my hair to grow out. I'm working on finding out what works for me and sticking to it.

Im detangled. Used love my baby naturals detangling spray. I feel like I lost a lot of hair but I could have had to shave my head. It was that bad. Im scared to do anything but I feel like I need to steam or dc...something but I'm afraid of everything I own.....:'(

Suny

Im detangled. Used love my baby naturals detangling spray. I feel like I lost a lot of hair but I could have had to shave my head. It was that bad. Im scared to do anything but I feel like I need to steam or dc...something but I'm afraid of everything I own.....:'(

Suny

Sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. That is kind of why I am scared of stretching. I'm starting off with a 12 week baby-stretch. lol Wish I knew about that detangling spray when I was natural. Could have saved me quite a few handfuls of hair. :nono:

Sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. That is kind of why I am scared of stretching. I'm starting off with a 12 week baby-stretch. lol Wish I knew about that detangling spray when I was natural. Could have saved me quite a few handfuls of hair. :nono:
kukaberry it did an amazing job! I think I'm going to keep using it to detangle before I poo from now on. Im 9 weeks post and plan to relax at about 13 or 14 weeks. Im biting the bullet and plan on poo'ing and dc today. Im going to swing by Sally's for some silk elements! We shall see!

Suny

@kukaberry it did an amazing job! I think I'm going to keep using it to detangle before I poo from now on. Im 9 weeks post and plan to relax at about 13 or 14 weeks. Im biting the bullet and plan on poo'ing and dc today. Im going to swing by Sally's for some silk elements! We shall see!

Suny

SunySydeofLyfe You're only a few weeks away. Just be patient and gentle. Good luck!

Errybody...lol...you can come on and join the team too! !! Come on!!!! Lol

Suny

SunySydeofLyfe Well I had a very rough 2013 I lost 3 family members within six months and my Dad had a stroke and I have to care for him. So I wanted a change...and relaxing my hair satisfied that need...probably is not a good idea but it works for my lifestyle right now

SunySydeofLyfe Well I had a very rough 2013 I lost 3 family members within six months and my Dad had a stroke and I have to care for him. So I wanted a change...and relaxing my hair satisfied that need...probably is not a good idea but it works for my lifestyle right now

Jesus be your shield. My deepest symphaty for your loss and I pray for your father I can only imagine how difficult that must be.

Congratulations on your new journey I hope you enjoy it and grow hair beyond your dreams!

Suny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back