2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xu93texas

EnExitStageLeft;19479503xu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211 Trying to quote a quote.... Im super hair lazy its been about two weeks and I haven't touched my hair. ..it will be so sad to lose my little progress but I'm hair tired! !! Help me...I need some encouragement. The thought of a two step protein treatment. .in and out of the shower sounds so gawd awful right now! !! Suny

Girl, ain't nobody got time for setbacks in 2014! Get yourself up and go do your hair. :) I don't want to hear about no setbacks- I had enough of them in 2013. Of course, I'm saying this with love:)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
EnExitStageLeft;19479503xu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211 Trying to quote a quote.... Im super hair lazy its been about two weeks and I haven't touched my hair. ..it will be so sad to lose my little progress but I'm hair tired! !! Help me...I need some encouragement. The thought of a two step protein treatment. .in and out of the shower sounds so gawd awful right now! !! Suny

I know I can't be of any help because I'm in the same exact hair slump. I haven't done a 2-step protein treatment or a henndigo treatment in forever. I was suppose to wash and DC yesterday but I CW'ed instead. I'm hoping the both of us get out of this lazy hair mood really soo before it's too late.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hi everyone I'm late to the game. I'm 12 weeks post relaxing next week when I'm 13. I'm usually a long stretcher out of laziness. I hate self relaxing do I'd do it about 3X per year. Went to a stylist for the first time in Oct for a TU as a gift to myself for taking my boards. He used Mizani. I'm going back next week for another TU. I love lurking and reading everyone's stories. I'm in between MBL and WL and I henndigo regularly to get rid of pesky temple grays. I also take viviscal and just got a nutribullet to make green smoothies in the new year. If anyone wants to be buddies I'm in!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Girl, we gon have to encourage each other. I have just been trying to wash my hair for the last three days and haven't been able to make myself do it. I was almost there two days ago and when I turned on my shower the pipes were frozen. We were in the deep freeze for a couple of days but sub-zeros are gone now. Hair is still unwashed, though...LOL. SMH

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Girl, we gon have to encourage each other. I have just been trying to wash my hair for the last three days and haven't been able to make myself do it. I was almost there two days ago and when I turned on my shower the pipes were frozen. We were in the deep freeze for a couple of days but sub-zeros are gone now. Hair is still unwashed, though...LOL. SMH

The cold weather make people lazy, especially going in and out of the shower. I have no excuse though, it's nice and toasty in my house, plus I've been in this mood since it was warm outside. I do just enough to prevent a setback...I have got to do better....WE have got to do better guys.

SunySydeofLyfe

Its cold as hezzy! ! We can do this we are on a journey and we best take the right path or we will surely regret it. I'm doing a 2 step tonight. ...maybe! !

Suny

nappytherapy

1 week post, I relaxed Jan 1. 2014...I was natural for 7.5 yrs and decided to relax. I plan on stretching my relaxer, next relaxer date will be June 1, 2014. I need buddies :yep::look:

ETA I will change my siggy when I get home later today.

SunySydeofLyfe

EnExitStageLeft;xu93texas, KiWiStyle, SunySydeofLyfe, Cattypus1, Altruisticoam, soonergirl lamaria211

Well I am sitting under the dryer with the 2 step on my head....how about I didnt have enough :sad: I starting putting it on my head and half way thru there wasnt anymore! When I grabbed the bottle I was thinking this is plenty.....fugggggg.....I am just going to hope I was able to smooth enough throughout my hair to have a sufficient treatment.....dang!!!! lol...Its kinda what I get cause I didnt want to do it in the first place! :lachen:

SunySydeofLyfe

SunySydeofLyfe

BEEN THERE! :lol:

Do you get some on the roots and ends? If so, you should be good.

EnExitStageLeft I dont think so....I had some 'pudding' mix (aphogee 2 step, cholesterol and kemi oyl) left over from my daughters hair the other day that I just smoothed on the rest of my hair.

You know this really took me to some places...lol....I was like this is some fragglenagglebullsheet and I give the fugggggg up....lol....

Then I came out of my fit and realized this is the most hair I have ever had and I like the feeling I am getting of showing and proving that I can do this so the journey continues and I am going to get to waist length one strand at a time!!!!!

EnExitStageLeft

@EnExitStageLeft I dont think so....I had some 'pudding' mix (aphogee 2 step, cholesterol and kemi oyl) left over from my daughters hair the other day that I just smoothed on the rest of my hair.

You know this really took me to some places...lol....I was like this is some fragglenagglebullsheet and I give the fugggggg up....lol....

Then I came out of my fit and realized this is the most hair I have ever had and I like the feeling I am getting of showing and proving that I can do this so the journey continues and I am going to get to waist length one strand at a time!!!!!

Exactly! I seriously need to save that as a quote.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 :bighug: I keep missing when you come around. I haven't seen you lately.
Awwwww...thanks for thinking about me. I've been in a hair-funk and I needed that hug! I still haven't washed this hair since I did my Chi last Saturday so it's plenty dirty and in need of some TLC. I'm still here lurking and keeping my eye on you cause I believe you have my hair and I want it back (tee Hee).

EnExitStageLeft

Awwwww...thanks for thinking about me. I've been in a hair-funk and I needed that hug! I still haven't washed this hair since I did my Chi last Saturday so it's plenty dirty and in need of some TLC. I'm still here lurking and keeping my eye on you cause I believe you have my hair and I want it back (tee Hee).

You can gladly have it. Up until last sunday I was seriously considering chopping again. The tangles in the back were killling my vibe :yep:.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
You can gladly have it. Up until last sunday I was seriously considering chopping again. The tangles in the back were killling my vibe :yep:.
But I know you worked it out cause you got it like that! I was almost to the chop place too, these flippin ends are so thin and stringy. I really think 6 more months of Chi will put me at 12 months post and I should really see my thickness coming back...one can always hope.

EnExitStageLeft

But I know you worked it out cause you got it like that! I was almost to the chop place too, these flippin ends are so thin and stringy. I really think 6 more months of Chi will put me at 12 months post and I should really see my thickness coming back...one can always hope.

Cattypus1

Being hair lazy is what made the tangles happen in the first place. I just can't sometimes..ya know?

cocoberry

Hi everyone! I hope it is not too late to join.

How many weeks post are you right now? 4 weeks.

How long are you stretching? 13 weeks (March 14)

Any other info? This is my first relaxer after being natural 5 years. I lost a lot of hair. I'm no stranger to relaxing my own hair. So I believe the hair loss is due to the product. I used Olive oil relaxer because I was in a rush and my BSS did not have my usual relaxer (Elasta QP). I'm ordering a jar before my TU. So I cut it up to SL now and it is much thinner than I'm used to. Hopefully I can get back to my original hair length and thickness by 2015...more likely 2016.

Question: Does anybody oil rinse each week? I used to do this when natural and had no issues. With relaxed hair, I find it leaves my hair so greasy and heavy. Not cute. My hair is super soft but I'm wondering if anyone found a way around this?

SunySydeofLyfe

Aighty now!!! Protein is my friend my hair felt so good rinsing the 2 step out. WHAT?!?!?! I mean silky silky nah!!! I am using the garnier triple moisture overnight, I have only used and loved this for a cowash but I hope it works out!!!! I think I am all the way back to my senses!!!!

SunySydeofLyfe

Hi everyone I'm late to the game. I'm 12 weeks post relaxing next week when I'm 13. I'm usually a long stretcher out of laziness. I hate self relaxing do I'd do it about 3X per year. Went to a stylist for the first time in Oct for a TU as a gift to myself for taking my boards. He used Mizani. I'm going back next week for another TU. I love lurking and reading everyone's stories. I'm in between MBL and WL and I henndigo regularly to get rid of pesky temple grays. I also take viviscal and just got a nutribullet to make green smoothies in the new year. If anyone wants to be buddies I'm in!

317537 Join us, I know these awesome ladies don't mind, I am not sure where anyone is in relation to relaxing but hey get in where you fit in!!! Any objections....

@EnExitStageLeft@xu93texas, @KiWiStyle, @SunySydeofLyfe, @Cattypus1, @Altruisticoam, @soonergirl @lamaria211

SunySydeofLyfe

1 week post, I relaxed Jan 1. 2014...I was natural for 7.5 yrs and decided to relax. I plan on stretching my relaxer, next relaxer date will be June 1, 2014. I need buddies :yep::look:

ETA I will change my siggy when I get home later today.

nappytherapy Join us, I know these awesome ladies don't mind, I am not sure where anyone is in relation to relaxing but hey get in where you fit in!!! Any objections....

@EnExitStageLeft@xu93texas, @KiWiStyle, @SunySydeofLyfe, @Cattypus1, @Altruisticoam, @soonergirl @lamaria211 @317537

SunySydeofLyfe

Hi everyone! I hope it is not too late to join.

How many weeks post are you right now? 4 weeks.

How long are you stretching? 13 weeks (March 14)

Any other info? This is my first relaxer after being natural 5 years. I lost a lot of hair. I'm no stranger to relaxing my own hair. So I believe the hair loss is due to the product. I used Olive oil relaxer because I was in a rush and my BSS did not have my usual relaxer (Elasta QP). I'm ordering a jar before my TU. So I cut it up to SL now and it is much thinner than I'm used to. Hopefully I can get back to my original hair length and thickness by 2015...more likely 2016.

Question: Does anybody oil rinse each week? I used to do this when natural and had no issues. With relaxed hair, I find it leaves my hair so greasy and heavy. Not cute. My hair is super soft but I'm wondering if anyone found a way around this?

kukaberry Join us, I know these awesome ladies don't mind, I am not sure where anyone is in relation to relaxing but hey get in where you fit in!!! Any objections....

@EnExitStageLeft@xu93texas, @KiWiStyle, @SunySydeofLyfe, @Cattypus1, @Altruisticoam, @soonergirl @lamaria211 @317537 @nappytherapy

Status
Not open for further replies.