2010 Sulfur Challenge

winnettag

My mom (who isn't into hair but has commented on my progress) just suggested I start using sulphur8 again because it "made my hair grow when i was little".
I don't care for the scent of sulphur8, but I might like to join you ladies using BeeMine and/or MSM capsules.

flowinlocks

My mom (who isn't into hair but has commented on my progress) just suggested I start using sulphur8 again because it "made my hair grow when i was little".
I don't care for the scent of sulphur8, but I might like to join you ladies using BeeMine and/or MSM capsules.

Do you have your products now? We would be glad to have you.:yep:

Mzz Mac

I couldn't wait.....I applied Claudies Scalp Elixir to my scalp tonight and massaged it in.
I smells soooo good!

Pooks

Thanks ladies, I will transfer my mixture (unrefined coconut oil, a little bit of jojoba, 1 teaspoon MSM powder and 5 drops lavender EO) to a glass jar, add some olive oil and then heat to allow the MSM to 'infuse' into the oils a bit before I use it again. I will alternate between this mix and my peppermint/jojoba oil, as well as taking MSM internally daily, alongside my Biotin.

Please add me to the list of challengers!

Starting pics are the same ones taken for Bootcamp at the end of last month:

ETA: I just had an aha moment. I used the Solgar MSM I have for this scalp mix. It is not the same as the absolutely no fillers MSM from New Horizons I use internally - this dissolves completely in juice. The Solgar brand MSM may dissolve partially, the flow agents in it may be what is remaining - just a thought.

Last edited:

Sade'

Last night I mixed my Sulfur 8 with Nature's Blessing, Coconut Oil, Lavender Vanilla Oil and Pure Ylang Ylang EO then applied it to my scalp on section. It was not greasy at all.

polished07

Can I join? I would like to add sulfur to my regimen, I gotta alot of great growth when I used Surge and I havent gotten that kind of growth since, Im gonna used flowers of sulfur, almond, peppermint, olive and coconut oils to mix in. My regimen will be to use every other day and co/wash 2x per week and dc 1 x per week. Sit under the dryer with heat, to dry I use a weave as my protective style so Im trying to figure out how Im going to apply without my hair having too much buildup....

flowinlocks

Thanks ladies, I will transfer my mixture (unrefined coconut oil, a little bit of jojoba, 1 teaspoon MSM powder and 5 drops lavender EO) to a glass jar, add some olive oil and then heat to allow the MSM to 'infuse' into the oils a bit before I use it again. I will alternate between this mix and my peppermint/jojoba oil, as well as taking MSM internally daily, alongside my Biotin.

Please add me to the list of challengers!

Starting pics are the same ones taken for Bootcamp at the end of last month:

ETA: I just had an aha moment. I used the Solgar MSM I have for this scalp mix. It is not the same as the absolutely no fillers MSM from New Horizons I use internally - this dissolves completely in juice. The Solgar brand MSM may dissolve partially, the flow agents in it may be what is remaining - just a thought.

This may be why my capsules didn't dissolve, even in liquid.:ohwell:
Anyhoo, off to add you to the list, welcome!
Your hair is making nice progress BTW.

Can I join? I would like to add sulfur to my regimen, I gotta alot of great growth when I used Surge and I havent gotten that kind of growth since, Im gonna used flowers of sulfur, almond, peppermint, olive and coconut oils to mix in. My regimen will be to use every other day and co/wash 2x per week and dc 1 x per week. Sit under the dryer with heat, to dry I use a weave as my protective style so Im trying to figure out how Im going to apply without my hair having too much buildup....

Welcome polished07!

alittlestar

I couldn't wait.....I applied Claudies Scalp Elixir to my scalp tonight and massaged it in.
I smells soooo good!

Does the Claudie's scalp elixir in pink sugar really smell like this? I love the pink sugar scent and was considering ordering this. Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

blueberryd

so has any1 had any experience already with putting sulphur on your ends? Does it moisturize ends? Strengthen them? I just started put it on my scalp--but may try putting it on my ends also if ya'll have had good results...

flowinlocks

so has any1 had any experience already with putting sulphur on your ends? Does it moisturize ends? Strengthen them? I just started put it on my scalp--but may try putting it on my ends also if ya'll have had good results...

I'm not sure about the Claudie's Elixir, Bee Mine, or Boundless Tresses, but from my understanding and experience so far with the Sublimed Sulfur and the MTG, it's actually drying to the hair. For this reason you would want to use it on the scalp only. Not to mention it can be gritty, depending on the formulation.

achangedlife

I want to join. I've actually started taking MSM orally 5 wks ago and have noticed a considerable improvement in my hair's growth rate. I mix sublimed sulfur with oil and use that on my daughter's scalp.

Pure MSM dissolves in water so those that want to use it in oil may want to try to dissolve it in water first and then add that mixture to their oil. I've never done this so I don't know how it'll turn out, just a suggestion.

I haven't been able to find anything to mix the sulfur in for my hair. I can't oil my scalp everyday and not have it weighed down and my style ruined by day 3. If anyone have any suggestions for anything extremely light let me know. I've tried sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil. I've thought about using a very light serum but I don't want to use anything that will clog my scalp cause that will defeat the purpose.

flowinlocks

I want to join. I've actually started taking MSM orally 5 wks ago and have noticed a considerable improvement in my hair's growth rate. I mix sublimed sulfur with oil and use that on my daughter's scalp.

Pure MSM dissolves in water so those that want to use it in oil may want to try to dissolve it in water first and then add that mixture to their oil. I've never done this so I don't know how it'll turn out, just a suggestion.

I haven't been able to find anything to mix the sulfur in for my hair. I can't oil my scalp everyday and not have it weighed down and my style ruined by day 3. If anyone have any suggestions for anything extremely light let me know. I've tried sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil. I've thought about using a very light serum but I don't want to use anything that will clog my scalp cause that will defeat the purpose.

Welcome!!

I need to get back on this; sulfur worked for me.

:poke:Come on you know you want in.

lamaria211

checking in i just did a cowash with he ltr, used he ltr leave in sealed with coconut oil and added my sulfur mix to my scalp, are we supposed to do length checks?

flowinlocks

checking in i just did a cowash with he ltr, used he ltr leave in sealed with coconut oil and added my sulfur mix to my scalp, are we supposed to do length checks?

Just post a pic of your starting length, we'll do an update in June and the final one in Dec.:yep:

Pooks

I heated up my mixture and strained out the grains using an old stocking foot. I've added some of the New Horizon brand, but did it in a hurry and forgot to dissolve it in water first! I'll see how it looks later on.

LaidBak

Nice thread! I take Now brand MSM; 1000mg daily. I have the Surge scalp cream, Afroveda Hibiscus hair oil infusion, a sulfur spray oil I got from the dollar store, and some Bee Mine. I will be using the oils alternating with or mixing with JBCO and MN.
So....count me in!

flowinlocks

Nice thread! I take Now brand MSM; 1000mg daily. I have the Surge scalp cream, Afroveda Hibiscus hair oil infusion, a sulfur spray oil I got from the dollar store, and some Bee Mine. I will be using the oils alternating with or mixing with JBCO and MN.
So....count me in!

Hi laidbak :wave:wow, looks like you have it covered on all bases.:yep: I forgot I have the Hibiscus infusion myself. I've always wonder how much sulfur is actually in there?:scratchch I'm adding you to the list, welcome!

LaidBak

Hi laidbak :wave:wow, looks like you have it covered on all bases.:yep: I forgot I have the Hibiscus infusion myself. I've always wonder how much sulfur is actually in there?:scratchch I'm adding you to the list, welcome!

Most of that I acquired during my PJ phase. The MSM replaced the biotin I can no longer take (becaause of acne). For me sulfur is the growth aid of choice. I'm still testing the MN but sulfur is definitely a keeper.

BTW...your hair has made some amazing progress! I know you used to have it blunt, are you gonna keep the V shape?

flowinlocks

Most of that I acquired during my PJ phase. The MSM replaced the biotin I can no longer take (becaause of acne). For me sulfur is the growth aid of choice. I'm still testing the MN but sulfur is definitely a keeper.

BTW...your hair has made some amazing progress! I know you used to have it blunt, are you gonna keep the V shape?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, It's funny I've always wanted the V when I see it on other people, but now I understand what they mean when they say it makes the hair seem longer than it really is because of the layers. At least till it reaches a certain point. Now, don't get me wrong I love the V and I think it's sexy, I'll just like it better when it longer. Lol, so I guess that means I'm keeping it