2010 Sulfur Challenge

flowinlocks

Checking in, I cowashed today with Suave Humectant, Then I dced with AM and HE LTR. I'll be using my homemade sulfur/Ayurveda mixture tonight.

Mzz Mac

I updated my siggy pic for the challenge! I can't wait to get started flowinlocks. Thanks for the challenge by the way!! This was right on time.

coconow2007

Count me in - currently in a weave with nape, sides and portions of the top of my hair out - so unable to give u a starting pic. My natural hair is past SL. I will plan to use MTG mix with better smelling oils.

Ltown

Greyland
Starting picture in siggy!
I'll be mixing sublimed sulfur powder with castor, coconut, jojoba oils.

Last edited:

Caramel Hottie UK

I want to join,

I have just started using Sulfur 8 on my hair once a week with Megatek. I am going to start taking MSM orally too.

i am currently braiding my hair weekly (under wig).

I will get starting pic very soon!

Pooks

flowinlocks may I say that your hair is making great progress! :yep:

I started taking MSM orally and am toying with applying it topically also.

Topical MSM users please post recipes of your homemade mixes, and how you got the MSM to dissolve. I put some in with unrefined (solidified) coconut oil and after I oiled my scalp I started feeling the grains of the MSM. Do I need to heat my coconut oil and let it sit in order to have it dissolve? Help! TIA.

Last edited:

flowinlocks

Count me in - currently in a weave with nape, sides and portions of the top of my hair out - so unable to give u a starting pic. My natural hair is past SL. I will plan to use MTG mix with better smelling oils.

I want to join. I have mtg :grin:

I want to join,

I have just started using Sulfur 8 on my hair once a week with Megatek. I am going to start taking MSM orally too.

i am currently braiding my hair weekly (under wig).

I will get starting pic very soon!

Welcome ladies!

Mzz Mac

Topical MSM users please post recipes of your homemade mixes, and how you got the MSM to dissolve. I put some in with unrefined (solidified) coconut oil and after I oiled my scalp I started feeling the grains of the MSM. Do I need to heat my coconut oil and let it sit in order to have it dissolve? Help! TIA.

The msm won't dissolve - it settles at the bottom of the container until you shake it up and are ready to apply it. Now, I recommend that you warm it up when you are ready to use it and then shake it. I've had my coconut oil solidify and I just sit it (straight up) in a bowl of big cup of hot water until it turns to a liquid...shake it up.....and apply. Now, I part my hair small sections so I end up shaking it up frequently throughout the process.

Try not to get any water in the container.

flowinlocks

Thanks, found a recipe that calls for dissolving it in boiling water. I'm beginning to that that sulfur in any form will not dissolve. I noticed this with the sublimed sulfur, and also in the MTG.

Sade'

Found this online from a woman using sulfur 8...interesting

"I've been using it since I was little,
it's a family secret,
and after 10 months of on and off micro braids, about 4 days ago I finally decided to wear my real hair down, and let me tell you,
one of the biggest no-no's with micro's are the lack of sides your left with, my sides have noticeably grown back since using sulfur8 treatment, the tingle is amazing, the smell is ick, especially when worn out in hot and humid weather, but is a great protector with the scalp especially when hot combing and pressing (obviously it gonna burn, but then you feel an amazing tingle- my family says that's the fell of ya hair growing! (and can't complain) I mix mines with summa dis and summa that, including crushing hair/nails&skin vitamins and adding da sulfur8. I also mix a few drops of "Triple Gro"'s Anti-Shedding healing Serum which also provides a tingle, a couple drops of womens rograine (i know, doing too much right? but minoxidil really works!) and a drop of sandalwood oil to finish of my potion. And anyone out there trying to grow or regrow, you can't do it without a HEALTHY scalp or otherwise incorporating health in your life! (take some vitamins baboo!) and like I always say, if you do what you've always done, you will receive what you've always gotten!
Hope this was helpful!"

manter26

Can anyone recommend a drug store chain that sells sublimed sulfur? (Like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens) I'd like to join, but I want to make sure I actually have a sulfur mix beforehand.
Thanks!

I bought a couple bottles from Walgreens, where the Spanish products are. I think I paid $2.99 each.

abcd09

I want to join. I bought a bottle of BT but I havent used it since the first time my boyfriend pointed out the smell. Seemed like he couldnt help himself it was so bad.

Sooo... I bought some peppermint oil today to mix with it.

I want to grow 5 inches at least by October. I've heard these crazy stories about people growing an inch a month. I'd love that. But my main problem is retention. I am splitz city (I wear it down too much).

My regimen will be

Wash 2x a week
Use olive, almond, jojoba, coconut oil to prepoo overnight.
Condition with light protein for 20 mins
Condition with Humectress for 3 mins
Condition with ORS replenishing under dryer for 30 mins
Airdry rollerset or braid out

*moisturize daily with profective and castor oil- before bed and before styling

*twice a month will clarify with Suave daily clarifying shampoo (my hair hates build up and i use a lot of conditioner)

*Every other wash mix porosity control with ORS

*use light protein every other wash

*Air dy in rollerset overnight (makes for very awkward positioning on the pillow)

*Need a dusting this week off the ends

I plan on using the Bt and peppermint oil every other day, but massage with oil mixture every day. I have hair loss from childhood (braid platts too tight) so I want to see if this works for that.

Protective styling is a toughie for me because of the hair loss. I have to use a low bun to cover anything and position it just so. This really just makes me wear my hair down for half the week, which I know I need to change. Maybe just two days out of the week.

I'll report in every week.

Last edited:

Sade'

Just bought some S8 from CVS, the light formula. I plan to mix this with some Ylang Ylang Oil and Nature's Blessing grease to enhance growth AND minimize the smell hopefully. I will apply to my scalp at 3 times a week.

flowinlocks

Just bought some S8 from CVS, the light formula. I plan to mix this with some Ylang Ylang Oil and Nature's Blessing grease to enhance growth AND minimize the smell hopefully. I will apply to my scalp at 3 times a week.

Am I adding you to the list? :grin:

Emoniegirl03

PLease sign me up!!!
I just got my order of sulu max gro today and i will be baggying with it nightly.
I also spray a mixture of MSM and essential oils to my hair during the day.
I will add my starting pic tuesday.

Emoniegirl03

I used MSM cream topically. I purchased the cream at Vitamin World
It goes on SMOOTH and is not graininy like powder mixes. for my powder mixes i shake it let it settle and the drain off the top and just use that part.

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...5D5BBB8A2A16E022DDD&PID=246&CID=&CPID=67&rlid=

I hope that link works. If not just go to vitamin world and search msm creme.

Jewell

I'm in! I'm resuming my MSM daily supplements, which have worked wonders for shedding and growth in the past for me. I am also going to make my own MTG concoction. I can stomach the smell, but it's a little too runny-I like a thicker oil like EVOO to keep it from running too much.

My products will be: Sulfur 8 (regular, yellow jar), MSM 1000mg caps, MTG w/my own oils added

Regimen: Apply (alternating S8 & MTG) to scalp 3-4 times a week between braid parts, beneath braids with applicator tip bottle. CW once a week to add moisture to ends/remove some oil buildup. Shampoo/clarify once a month. Take 1 cap/day. My vits are already on their way! We'll see how it goes!

Last edited:

Jewell

Thanks, found a recipe that calls for dissolving it in boiling water. I'm beginning to that that sulfur in any form will not dissolve. I noticed this with the sublimed sulfur, and also in the MTG.

I think this is true. I use a product by Principal Secret (blemish buster) that is sulfur-laden, and has alcohol as well to dry up pimples literally overnight. And, the sulfur just settles in the bottom (like with MTG), and I have to shake it before applying to thoroughly combine it all.

flowinlocks

PLease sign me up!!!
I just got my order of sulu max gro today and i will be baggying with it nightly.
I also spray a mixture of MSM and essential oils to my hair during the day.
I will add my starting pic tuesday.

I'm in! I'm resuming my MSM daily supplements, which have worked wonders for shedding and growth in the past for me. I am also going to make my own MTG concoction. I can stomach the smell, but it's a little too runny-I like a thicker oil like EVOO to keep it from running too much.

Welcome!!!

flowinlocks

I used MSM cream topically. I purchased the cream at Vitamin World
It goes on SMOOTH and is not graininy like powder mixes. for my powder mixes i shake it let it settle and the drain off the top and just use that part.

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...5D5BBB8A2A16E022DDD&PID=246&CID=&CPID=67&rlid=

I hope that link works. If not just go to vitamin world and search msm creme.

I saw this today when I was on that site. I was wondering how it would work. Please keep us updated.:yep:

BrownSkinQT

I would like to join! I just got kinky twist (avi) a week ago but since then I have been applying MN, MTG and peppermint oil to my scalp every morning (the smell doesn't bother me because I think about the results). I plan on being in twists until April and braiding throughout the year, only applying the mix while in twists.

flowinlocks

I would like to join! I just got kinky twist (avi) a week ago but since then I have been applying MN, MTG and peppermint oil to my scalp every morning (the smell doesn't bother me because I think about the results). I plan on being in twists until April and braiding throughout the year, only applying the mix while in twists.

I'm adding you, welcome!

apemay1969

I mix sulfur, coconut oil and grapeseed oil in an applicator bottle and apply when I remember. I just make sure that when I mix my sulfur mixture, I let it sit for a few days so that the oil gets infused with the sulfur.