Sulfur 8

Angel1794

Does anyone on the board use Sufur 8? What's your opinion? I purchased some last night and applied it to my hair after my wash. I smell the sulfur as of this morning, but nothing else. My hair is in a french roll, which I'm keeping until June (APL Challenge).

I'm reading from threads regard how sulfur helps simulant the scalp, and I am too chicken to purchase MTG, so I was going for the alternative.
In addition, do anyone use Wondergro pure sulfur (I believe that what it's called).

dlewis

I use sulfur 8 grease and shampoo on my daughter hair and scalp. It works great for her dandruf, it doesn't seams to increase her growth though.

MrsHouston

I would just add it to some mixture that smell good to tone down the smell. (like peppermint oil)

Keen

I LOOOOVE the sulfur 8 braids spray. I've tried using others but always go back to it. I used the grease when I was little. I don't remember if it did anything.

Angel1794

Thank you ladies for the reply. Do anyone know anything about the following product.

Maximum Strength
Relives Dandruff!!
Naturally Medicated

"PURE SULFUR" for The Dry Scalp Remedy
Hydrate your hair and scalp with PURE SULFUR, Maximum Strength hair and scalp oil. Pure Sulfur is designed specifically to promote healthy hair growth and to relieve dry itchy scalp and dandruff. Pure Sulfur is formulated for daily treatment of stubborn hair and scalp problems.
  • Promotes healthy hair growth
  • Relieves dry scalp and dandruff
  • Prevent breakage
  • Pleasant fragrance
  • Stimulates scalp
  • Moistures dry hair
Direction: Use daily or as often as needed. Massage into hair until nicely moisturized and gently massage into scalp. Style as desired. Maximum results are achieved when hair and scalp are cleansed regulary.
INGREDIENTS: PETROLATUM, SULFUR, (OIL COMPLEX) CASTOR, SUNFLOWER, WHEAT GERM (VITAMIN E), ROSEMARY, MINT, ALOE VERA, SESAME and SOY, (HERBAL COMPLEX) BURDOCK, COMTREY, NETTLE, HORSETAIL, KOLA NUT, DANDELION, GINSENG, WILD YAM, ROSEMARY, LANOLIN, BREWERS YEAST, MENTHOL, CERTIFIED COLOR, and FRAGRACE

The Girl

I had some left and added it to my hmde moisturizer. I used to use it yrs agow when I had micros and I had to get a Braid retouch every 3-4 weeks so I figure hey maybe it helped...

Dee-Licious

I use it, and I LOVE it! After years of not listening to my mom, I started using it consistently. I use the Lite version in the blue bottle to grease my scalp. :)eek: Yes, grease :lachen: ) When I first get a new bottle I melt it down in my microwave and add some Glover's mane to the mixture. When I'm trying to stretch my perm for a particular even I don't use it because I personally see increased growth from it.

ETA. I tried MTG for about 2 weeks over a year ago, but I just couldn't get with the smell or learn how to use the consistency correctly. The grease gives me much more control.

scorpian

MsDee4 said:
I use it, and I LOVE it! After years of not listening to my mom, I started using it consistently. I use the Lite version in the blue bottle to grease my scalp. :)eek: Yes, grease :lachen: ) When I first get a new bottle I melt it down in my microwave and add some Glover's mane to the mixture. When I'm trying to stretch my perm for a particular even I don't use it because I personally see increased growth from it.

ETA. I tried MTG for about 2 weeks over a year ago, but I just couldn't get with the smell or learn how to use the consistency correctly. The grease gives me much more control.

this is exactly how I feel about MTG and Sulfur 8 I also use the light version and just started to use it consistently and nothing else on my scalp even though I have lots of greases.I love the sulfur 8 it's filling in my hairline. I'm down to half a jar I might just throw in the Glover's mane it sounds like a good mix

Ms. Cleo

I tried the no grease thing for a long time, but I do like the grease. Sulfur 8 works for myself and my daughter. I use the nonlite version in a grease mix and found that if you use it on the scalp at night it does not smell the next day. My daughter had what is called "growing dandruff" and Sulfur 8 eliminated it.

Dearlove

I used a sulfur sort of grease when I was a kid. The salon owner mixed it himself. I use sulfer 8 on my daughter; it really cut her dandruff and itching. I found the petrolatum to be to heavy for my scalp, so I use MTG instead. I only use a small amout and apply it using a pointed tip bottle from the BSS. When I follow up with my cantu shea leave-in, the MTG smell is mitigated.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love S8. I put it on my hair, not my scalp. I mix my S8 with frenchee and glover's as a prepoo. My hair grew like a weed with this mix. I think I'll go back to it during the 6 month HYHTC.;)

Brandi

I use Sulfur 8 on my scalp and I've seen progress. I use both the lite and regular versions. The smell is atrocious however you can tone it down with the use of other hair products. After a day or so of application, I don't smell it as much but maybe I'm just use to it.

So I say go for it! It's definitely a cheaper solution to MTG.

Crissi

My friend had amazing growth from the blue sulfur 8 grease, she stretched for 13 weeks, doesn't take vitamins and all i can say is wow! however you could always do a homemade mtg. Very cheap and effective!

Crissi, x

growinglong777

I am using the sulfur 8 along with boundless tresses.. just started using the sulfur 8.. A little goes along way.. Used it last night along with ORS olive oil.. so there is no smell. I expect to see great growth from using the sulfur 8 and the boundless tresses. which also has sulfur in it.

HONEYVIBE

I love Sulfer 8 grease. I use the yellow jar. the smell doesnt get to me. i use it on my SO's hair, my daughter, and myself. My S.O has really bad dandruff and the sulfer 8 tends to help. His mom actually got me interested in it. Her hair has grew so long. Ever since i've been using it, my hair has grown and my face doesnt break out as well. :peace_sm:

Blkprincess

I love Sulfur8...I use it nightly, I love the tingly sensations from the menthol in it. I have MTG as well, but I feel like I get more growth from the Sulfur8:think: because of the menthol really gets the scalp really tingly. I wound up adding some MTG to Sulfur8. and yes I have seen growth results. the stuff works!!:grin:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Brandi

I am a big fan of Sulfur 8, original formula! I use it at least once a week at night on my scalp so the smell dissipates by morning. I am also a fan of massaging the scalp. I'm seeing some good progress and on my way to reaching my goal.

Last edited: