2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

I was out of town so I couldn't update for the month of March, so here goes.

I did okay. I was a little bad and used heat even though I had already used my session pass for a trim the month before. I lived through my consequence of not drinking soda for a week. I put in braid extensions as a protective style on March 21 ( I think) and will probably be taking them down on Saturday. I have been moisturizing and tying up my hair every night.

Here's my update. I was sleeping through the post date... :perplexed Anyhooooo...posted this on the TWA grow-out, and copying here.

Okay here's my updated reggie and pic:

Poo: Once a week with At One Hydrating Shampoo
Co-Wash: 3 days At One Botanical Conditioner
DC: 2x a week with Lustrasilk Cholsterol Treatment with added Rosemary, Lavendar, and Olive Oil
Growth Aid: Essential oil blend with base of grapeseed and jojoba oil
Moisture: Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1

I use the baggy method on weekends when I know that I'm not leaving the house. It's soo good for my hair, and easy for those lazy days!

Attached Thumbnails

I have to add about DCing - I find myself doing a DC out of boredom. Just watching TV, slap on some DC and a processing cap....on the phone with a GF, DC and processing cap soon follows. My hair is thankful. :)

Used my pass to straighten my hair after a braid take out and rest. I wanted to check length and prepare for a reinstall.

I'm happy with the way things are going. I think if I could get more water in me, I would be doing even better.

I am going to be re-installing on Wednesday to spend the rest of April, May and part of June in twists.

I'm still going strong. Instead of doing my morning cardio at home, I've started running 5 days a week at the park. My next touch up is on June 23rd and I will be posting.

checking in!
i've been good :]]

lately i've been wearing cornrows under a wig.
moisturize my ends nightly, dc 3x a week, shampoo weekly.
i redo the braids every friday.

can't wait for my touch-up on may 20th.
hoping to see a lot of new growth! :]]

I felt tempted to use heat... :shocked:

BUT I didn't break down, I stretched my plaits by rollersetting instead :grin:

Wearing a wig is a lot easier now that my hair is long enough to braid underneath.

Wigs are my protective style for now (maybe braids or twists for summer). Right now I'm DCing under a processing cap and happy that I finally have a hair regimen that works. I feel very optimistic about growing my hair out now!

I think, even though I began this challenge in January, my HHJ began on Monday. :)

Been doing good. No rules broken in session 2 so far. I've been cowashing, bunning, wearing half-wigs. No heat at all except to DC.

I dusted my ends today, they were looking a little ragged. I'm slowly getting disgusted w/these relaxed ends, but a girls got goals to reach before I can even think about BCing, so the dusting curbed my appetite to chop for now. Off to baggie for the night.

I am going to be unofficially joining the remainder of this challenge. I have had two strand twists in since early March and will be taking them down in about two weeks. From there I plan on experimenting with braid outs and twist outs. More than likely I will bun my braidouts since it's getting warmer out now. I am pretty nervous about no heat since I am transitioning and still have no idea what my natural texture is, but am excited to see results and hoping to make APL by December. Good luck everyone!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp (sessions 2, 3, and 4). My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no internet for one full week (unless school related). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I have been largely ignoring this challenge for a variety of reasons (I cut the rest of the color out, surgery, :blah: :blah: :blah:. So, I have decided to reevaluate my commitment to it and my hair.

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no tv for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will post the starting picture at the beginning of the 3rd session, July 1.

For now, I'm in the middle of finding solutions to my hair problems. I'm really excited about it. I'm finding staple products as well as methods. Right now I'm working on correcting my porosity issues (overly porous) and keeping my ends healthy.

Nothing new to report. I have been in braids for the past three months- so I haven't broken any rules. Just keeping my hair moist and strong with my braid spray/infusium 23/water mix. Just taking it easy ....

Nothing much going on. Been keeping my reggie pretty simple. I haven't broken any rules and I'm keeping up with my PSing.

Havent broken any rules this session. I dcing about 2 times a week to see if I get even better length retention. Right now I looking at 3/4 in a month. I cant wait until i am full APL so I can where some really BIG buns (for me:)

I used my first ever heat pass today. I have group presentations all next week and today was the only day that I would be able to do it, but on the plus side I definitely am seeing progress. I don't think I will reach my APL goal by July, but definitely by December:grin:

Dec 23, 09 when I joined LHCF
picture.php

April 23, 2010 the first time I've used heat since Dec.( I only did one pass with my FHI on 300 degrees so my roots are not as straight as they should be, but I'm happy either way)
104_0726-1.jpg

Hi everyone!
I just subscribed to this'll be my first post and challenge. I want to commit to 2 sessions- session 3 and session 4. I'll post my info up later. Right now, I'm focusing on finishing out my semester before graduation (finally!) so I'm just trying to get by on my hair but I have a lot to learn. I just recently took out my braids and I have to figure out how to care for my natural hair. I'm hoping this challenge will give me the incentive to do that. I think that my consequence for violating the rules will be no...vegetables lol ugh ok no tv for a week unless I have to check important mail.

Anyway, I'm happy to join this site b/c there are all types of gorgeous hair on here:)

Just checking in. Thinking about using my pass for this session to get my hair flat ironed for Memorial Day weekend. I want to wear it bone straight mainly because I want to see the length. Other than that I do a Southern Tease bun most days. On wash days, sometimes I just wear my hair out for the 1st 2 days & then it's back to bunning.

The Alter Ego garlic cond has really minimized my shedding. I'm also taking garlic internally.

Forgot to check in for last month.

April was pretty uneventful. My protective style was box braids with my own hair. I shampooed and DC'd at least once a week and even threw in a few co washes. Used no passes and broke no rules.

I am still going strong. I did a progress pic yesterday and I am definitely retaining length. As I cornrowed my damp hair back into a twisted bun I felt like I had too much breakage (about 1/2 dollar size) even though I was extra gentle. Next time I will try cornrowing on completely dry hair.

Protective styling the days away! My hair is in box braids now - just washed and DC'd them. No rules broken so far :)

Last edited:
I've been doing well for session two. I flat ironed once and big chopped in session one, so now I have no desire to trim (except those few pesky straight ends) or flat iron until December.

checking in..
i ended my relaxer stretch early because my wig was rising in the air like a helium balloon. not cute. :nono:

since my relaxer, i have been wearing cornrows/braidouts.
this weekend i put some box braids in.
i've decided to give up extensions other than wigs (we'll see how that goes), so the braids are all my own hair which is a first for me.

after i braided my hair, i dusted the ends.

till next time.

checking in: I just got my senegalese installed today, I'm excited about not having to worry about my hair for 2-3 months

I got a rollerset on Friday evening, went out & the next day my hair was a hot, frizzy mess. I had a funeral to attend today so I used my mom's hot curler to revive my hair. Guess that was my pass for this session. I was thinking about getting it flat ironed for Memorial Day weekend. If I do, I'll have to give up junk food/sweets for a week. I may just stick to the Curlformers.

I'm currently on day 9 of twists. I've never kept them in longer than a few days (maybe 3 max) due to the way they look. My hair is quite fine. However, I'm really dedicated to my hair goals now, and this is the only way I can achieve the length I want.

They don't actually look as bad as I thought. I am really liking how smooth my hair is-not the twists themselves, but how moisturized they are staying. My hair is a tad bit on the frizzy side, but that's due to the fact that they should've been taken out days ago (water heater issues). I've noticed the longer I have kept my twists in, the more I can see my straight ends-the natural texture of my hair:wallbash:. This is exactly why I don't hair type. I have far too many textures in my hair.

I also snipped a few SSKs on Sunday evening. I am really liking the reduced chance of SSKs that comes with protective styling. I am going to go through the rest of my head probably tomorrow when I catch up on 24.

Just a few notes about products

I'm can't decide if I should continue to oil my scalp. I've come to realize that there is absolutely no need for me to do so other than a force of habit. My scalp has absolutely no issues-dryness, dandruff, etc.-and I fell like this is just an unnecessary step I've been taking. I don't believe that oiling my scalp (I'm using castor oil btw) is actually doing anything but smoothing the root of my hair strands. I might just ditch it.

And..

I've been in the Jheri Juice challenge,and I've been a faithful juicer. However, my scalp is starting to itch. I don't believe in that "scalp itching hair growth" idea. I believe its coming from the juice. I might have to let it go. I think the reason why my scalp didn't itch before is because I rinsed my hair every single day. Now that I'm only washing my hair once a week, the s-curl can now irritate my scalp. Also, is it weird that my hair is smooth and yet a little on the dry/rubbery side?

That's all I've got from the month of April. I will return in June to do an update from May.

Blessings to you all. :)

Used a heat pass in March for my husband's homecoming from an 8 month deplyment! He LOVED my hair!!!! Had to get about 2 inches cut though :( The color that had been applied to my hair in December has really dried out my hair. So the ends just had to go. I'm starting back on my routine that seemed to have helped with my moisture control so hopefully I can get it back somewhat healthy.

Thinking about doing twists tomorrow or over the weekend. Still protectice styling though!

Been feeling guilty lately since getting my weave. My leave out hair has had lots of direct heat applied -- (lots = 1-2x a week from none). I'm thinking that maybe I should try to rollerset the leave out hair when I'm trying to dry my braids...
Guess, I'll have to use trial and error.
Otherwise, the rest of my hair is protected, moisturized often, and taken care of.

Back