2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP (Ladies get READY)

melodies815

Hello. I would like to join this challenge as well.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge?

This is my first Bootcamp; I joined in August of this year. My purpose is (this is silly) to find my hair twin, and also to grow my hair out healthily and with the thickness I lost due to having locs for 5 years. I cut them off in 2006. I also want to grow out my front, which never seems to grow.

I also want to stop being mostly a lurker.

2. What is your current hair length?

I am currently just at the top of my shoulders on the sides, and maybe an inch below in the back My bangs are b/w my nose and top lip.

3. Are you Natural or Relaxed?

Both: Transitioning....again...I think. Last relaxer in August, '08.

4. What are your hair goals for 2009?

Full APL in the back and close enough to that on the sides. At least chin length bangs would be great.

5. What is your hair reggie?

I have had kinky twists and other than the breaks needed to condition and give the hair a break, I will keep them in until I am APL. DC with something delicious (can't recall the name) and shea butter every 2 days. Clarify with Pantene once per month. Wash with Tresemme every two weeks. Pre-poo with Amla oil. Growth aid - Mega Tek. LOVE IT!

I am scared of the "no direct heat" rule, though....I have NO idea how to consistently do that. I hope we'll get LOTS of help. When I take these twists out, I don't want to look like Jerome off "Martin." lol

Blessing to us all as we grow, longer, stronger, healthier hair!!! :creatures:bouncegre:trampolin

cj

pringe

i'm in just wanna keep it realll simple in 2009.

1. i'm joining because i want health and overall growth in my hair.

2. my hair is currently almost shoulder length in the front and sides and a little past shoulder length in the back.

3. My hair is natural but i do have a brownish blonde color and just did the Brazilian Keratin Treatment (formaldehyde free formula) last week.

4. Achieve as much length as i can in 1 year, have healthier hair , get more moisture

5. I really wanna keep it simple. Wash, deep condition or oil treatments and add occasional protein treatments and that's it. I'm throwing out ALL my pj products!! Enough is enough!!! lol

tinkat

I will join again. I did the 2008 boot camp and my problem areas have filled in and my hair is thicker. I have not straightened or blown out my hair to see its true length in over a year. I am pretty sure I am still SL.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? To maintain healthy hair
2. What is your current hair length? SL
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Natural
4. What are your hair goals for 2009? Maintain healthy hair and get past SL
5. What is your hair reggie? For the winter, co-wash once a week, moisturize daily, deep condition everytime I co wash, Clarify once a month, and trim when hair needs it.

aa9746

I'm joining Bootcamp 2009 too! :meme: This is my first bootcamp.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? I want longer healthy hair.
2. What is your current hair lenght? 7 inches
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Natural
4. What are your hair goals for 2009? APL by Dec. 31
5. What is your hair reggie? Crown and Glory, OCT

sublime

Hello, first post I hope this works!

I'd Like to join

1. I want to join because I want to really push it with my hair growth next year. I have thin hair I'm not so sure that that will ever change but I want to do everything that I can to help it thicken up a bit.

2. My hair is APL

3. I am natural, my hair is colored

4. My goal is longer and fuller hair I'd love to make it to mid back by Deceber 31 09.

5. Currently I wash once a week , co-wash once a week, and I dc weekly to keep my colored hair moisturized. Lots of loose buns. I keep switching up products because I am a PJ. But I have a few staples such as shea butter, castor oil and blended beauty.

It~Can~Grow

I'd like to join now that I have time and sane again.

- Another ooportunity to be disciplined and find encouragement.

2. What is your current hair lenght?
- BSL?

- Relaxed

- MBL
- More thickness
- Less knots from my 7 weeks post flex rods...yikes!!

- Deep Con twice a week
- Bun 6.5 days, down .5 day :grin:
- After 6wks post flexi rods, twist or braid outs .5 days
- Henna once a month; Henna/Indigo every two months
- Light protein once a month
- co wash twice a week; shampoo once a month
- relaxer every 16 weeks, gradually increasing by one month each relaxer to twice a year

(I'll post my 2008 year end lhcf bootcamp results after next weeks relaxer)

Last edited:

LivinLaughinLovin

To obtain health and length
TWA, length varies
Natural
Get my hair back on track
Wash once a week, DC with each wash, moisturize, 2 strand twist or coil for a week, then start over

mj11051

This is my first challenge here.
almost shoulder length.
Natural
Healthy hair and minimal splits.
Co-Washes
Benonite Clay
My own hair butters
Moe Grow Oil
Once a week Deep Conditioners
Once a month Henna
Every six weeks trims to get rid of split ends
Moisturize every 3 days
Oil ends nightly(coconut oil)
2 strand twist weekly

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
This is my first bootcamp and I am excited!! I want motivation!

Begining SL in the back.

Texlaxed

Healthy APL and beyond hair.

Texlax for no more than 5-8 mins as needed with Silk Elements, which is usually around 6weeks
Wash & dc once per week with Silk Elements and air dry
Daily conditioner with Cantu leave in conditioner with extra on the ends
Bun it up with a slight bit of cantu pomade to smooth the edges
Self trim as needed, usually every 6-8 months

Last edited:

ericajoy

Looks like I joined just in time! I can't wait to do the challenge!

I've had short natural hair (4a/4b) all through grad school, about 5 yrs. Now that I have more time I want to grow it out and keep it healthy and pretty and experiment with styling long natural hair.

TWA. About 2 inches stretched out.

Natural.

Grow 3/4 to 1 inch per month and find cute styles for my hair at each new length.

Wet each morning & apply Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and then Kinky Curly Curling Custard, let air dry. Co-wash a couple of times per week, wash with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo once a week. Deep condition once a week.

Can't wait to see what this bootcamp can do! Bring it on!

rainbowknots

I want to join but I'm in the military, overseas. The supplies on hand are VERY limited and ordering online takes about a month to get

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I want to join but I'm in the military, overseas. The supplies on hand are VERY limited and ordering online takes about a month to get

me 2 girl where u at? I am in Guam and no one has my texture hair (locally) so I do a lot of online shopping but I get my stuff in a week or so. Christmas is making some delays.

vnaps

so...i've just come from dusting my ends and have decided to do so after every texlax.......hope that doesn't clash with the bootcamp rules....

i think i'll try stretch out next texlax for longer than 12 weeks because i want to switch to lye....i've always used dark and lovely no lye.....used vitale for sensitive scalp no lye on saturday (which is the first i've ever changed a relaxer) but my hair is so dry :perplexed so am going to take another plunge and go lye . but i'm so scared!!!!

shelly25

I'm in!
My answers:
1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? for healthier hair and to get to my hair goal
2. What is your current hair length? almost APL
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Relaxed
4. What are your hair goals for 2009? To get as close to BSL as I can
5. What is your hair reggie? wash 1x a week, cowash 2x a week. Keep hair moisturized. I don't have much of a regimen really.

babs19

i would like to join!!!
1- to help me get to my 1st hair goal
2-neck length in most places, an inch in some due to postpartum breakage
3-relaxed- 4months post(relaxer due Feb)
4-to be shoulder length all over my head with a blunt cut
5- Wash and deepcondition 1x week
co wash 1x
moisturising daily and bunning, (thinkning of braids to help with stretching)

Monilove122

I would like to join this challenge as well. I am transitioning but still wearing my hair straight and this is just what I need. I had a regimen when I was relaxed but now I don't seem to have one. I don't know if I want to grow it out as I LOVE my cute short cut but, I do want it to be healthier. I'm dealing with alot of shedding right now. Also, my stylist is going to experiment with color in the spring so need for my hair to be as healthy as possible.

melodies815

Hey there. My husband is in the military and we are overseas too (UK.)

I don't know about anyone else, but now that I have joined the challenge, I suddenly have the urge to take out my twists. Has that happened to anyone else?!?! I think it's because I have not seen my hair since October 4th and I just want to pamper it a little...DC, give it a 2-3 week rest and then put it back in twists again.

Am I crazy or is that a normal instinct? Can your hair "cry out" to you for what it needs...kind of like your body calls out for water or beef, etc when it is missing those dietary needs?

Also...did I imagine that Trini posted the rules way early in this thread...or did I read last year's requirements? Do we have our rules yet?

Merry Christmas, everyone!

cj

Last edited:

wish4length

I had to sleep on this, but I'm officially IN for all 4 sessions!!
My starting point is in my album (12-21-08)
I was kinda hesitant because of that whole "no direct heat" rule, but it looks like I'll be roller setting....

My punishment will be NOT REACHING MY HAIR GOALS IN TIME and doing 300 crunches....
By the end of the year I'll either have hair like Janet or abs like her....I'm hoping for both...

TRYING2GROW

I would like to join for the first session.

1. I am joining to retain length, and health.
2. I am currently about 2 inches from apl.
3. I'm relaxed.
4. I wears buns, but will be getting a weave in two wks, I just relaxed on Dec 26.
I dc 2-3 times a wk.
I henna about twice a wk.
I will be relaxing every 8 wks

hhg

2inspireU

I would like to join.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? Achieving longer and healthier hair
2. What is your current hair lenght? APL
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Texlaxed
4. What are your hair goals for 2009? MBL hopefully, but I'll accept BSL if I fall short.
5. What is your hair reggie? I really don't have a reggie...I like to freestyle my hair, lol. The only thing constant is the hair products I use.

HarlemHottie

I forgot to answer the following questions so here we go;

( I would like to increase my Length and the healthy state of my hair)

(SL)

(Relaxed)

(I would like to have my hair at least APL)

( I don't have one as of yet)

RNDiva

To get more healthier, shiner, thicker and longer hair having the ability to care for my own hair
2. What is your current hair lenght? I think top sholuder length
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Relaxed
4. What are your hair goals for 2009? same as #1

. What is your hair reggie?
My hair reggie right now is to get perms every 4 months
color only once- twice a year
ends clipped or dusted as needed
only flat iron about 1-2 times a month
try to limit products I buy.