A Week After Your Touch-up...

Lady_Lioness

What type of conditioner do you use for deep conditioning?...Do you use a light protein or a moisturizing conditioner?

I'm really trying to figure out what to use first...I remember once b4...I used keraphix a week after my touch-up and that caused my newgrowth to revert.

Would it be ok to use AO GPB instead?

TIA

Last edited:

secretdiamond

I'm probably in the minority here, but I have to use emergencee followed by a moisturizing dc a week after my relaxer. I just won't feel right knowing that I just used such a damaging chemical and didn't use a hardcore protein to counteract at least some of the 'damage'.

Lady_Lioness

secretdiamond said:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I have to use emergencee followed by a moisturizing dc a week after my relaxer. I just won't feel right knowing that I just used such a damaging chemical and didn't use a hardcore protein to counteract at least some of the 'damage'.
Exactly! that is what i'm saying...I have aphogee and i want to use it so badly...but i know that aphogee is hardcore and i'm afraid it will cause my newgrowth to revert...You've never experienced reversion after using emergencee?...I might have to look into that. Thank you girl.

SweetCaramel1

i didn't do a protein treatment just a deep conditioner. from the looks of your hair you know what you're doing. keep up the good work!

HoneyDew

secretdiamond said:

this is exactly what I do.

Isis

I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner the same day I relax my hair, and the wash day afterwards.

I use protein the wash day before I relax for strengthening.

BTW Lady Lioness, you've made excellent progress with your hair- it's gorgeous! Congratulations on making brastrap too!:)

atlien11

I think AO GPB would would be fine the first week after a touchup. I remember reading awhile back that someone said Aphogee would cause the hair to revert quicker if used right after a relaxer. There was some argument as to if relaxed hair was even able to 'revert' but the suggestion was to wait 2 weeks if you want to use this type of hard core protein. You may want to do a search on the topic.

VelvetRain

I always follow up with either keraphix or emergencee a week after a relaxer. I need to beleive I am helping to put some strenght back into my hair. It doesn't make my hair revert at all.

leleepop

I use Affirm 5n1 after I rinse the relaxer, after I neutralize I like Elasta QP breakage control serum. Its pretty gentle. Ill wash the next day or so and use Keracare humecto then , to answer the question ,I use Ubh conditioner,or Nexxus Kerafix, or Nioxin smoothing Protectives Scalp therapy, all gentle proteins for 20 minutes.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

After I shampoo I do a Aphogee treatment for damaged hair (hardcore)under the dryer.Then I shampoo again to remove any excess so that the deep conditioners can work effectively. I use both a protein (Silicon Mix) and moisturizing conditioner (Miss Keys 10 en 1) to deep condition either under the dryer or without heat.

peacelove

Lady_Lioness said:
What type of conditioner do you use for deep conditioning?...Do you use a light protein or a moisturizing conditioner?

I'm really trying to figure out what to use first...I remember once b4...I used keraphix a week after my touch-up and that caused my newgrowth to revert.

Would it be ok to use AO GPB instead?

TIA

Since I did not do my usual protein after my relaxer was washed out, I did a protein treatment the week after with Joico Kpak and I had no problems.

Lady_Lioness

atlien11 said:
I think AO GPB would would be fine the first week after a touchup. I remember reading awhile back that someone said Aphogee would cause the hair to revert quicker if used right after a relaxer. There was some argument as to if relaxed hair was even able to 'revert' but the suggestion was to wait 2 weeks if you want to use this type of hard core protein. You may want to do a search on the topic.
Thank you ladies so much for your responses...I think i'm going to actually use a protein conditioner on saturday...I definitely need the extra strength.

Thanx Atlien for this...I'll go ahead and use it.

Lady_Lioness

Isis said:
I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner the same day I relax my hair, and the wash day afterwards.

I use protein the wash day before I relax for strengthening.

BTW Lady Lioness, you've made excellent progress with your hair- it's gorgeous! Congratulations on making brastrap too!:)
Thank you Isis...that's very sweet of you...I'm trying to get to where you at right now!!!:)

tallygirl

I self-relax, and after I thoroughly rinse the relaxer I apply Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor and cover with a plastic cap for 5 minutes....then I neutralize and deep condition my hair. It leaves my hair very soft, but with lots of body. This step I adopted from LHCF member, Sisterslick, and it's done wonders for my hair. In essence, I add protein back to my hair immediately after the relaxer strips it. I haven't had any breakage or damage by adding this step. I do a light protein treatment about every 2 weeks thereafter.

Last edited:

Lady_Lioness

tallygirl said:
I self-relax, and after I thoroughly rinse the relaxer I apply Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor and cover with a plastic cap for 5 minutes....then I neutralize and deep condition my hair. It leaves my hair very soft, but with lots of body. This step I adopted from LHCF member, Sisterslick, and it's done wonders for my hair. In essence, I add protein back to my hair immediately after the relaxer strips it. I haven't had any breakage or damage by adding this step. I do a light protein treatment about every 2 weeks thereafter.
Interesting!...thanx tallygirl.

alexstin

tallygirl said:

Interesting(taking notes!!;) ), never heard of doing that before.

cocowhite

I usually the week before relaxer I do a lite-medium protein treatment and after I relaxing use a mix of lekair cholesterol (protein) with a moisturzing conditioner. Then two-three weeks later I do aphogee treatment for damage hair.

OT: Congrats!! On making bra-strap your hair is gorgegous.

secretdiamond

Lady_Lioness said:
Exactly! that is what i'm saying...I have aphogee and i want to use it so badly...but i know that aphogee is hardcore and i'm afraid it will cause my newgrowth to revert...You've never experienced reversion after using emergencee?...I might have to look into that. Thank you girl.

Nope.. never. Lately my hair has been severely underprocessed from relaxers, but a protein trx has never made my hair even more underprocessed or revert. To me, it just stays the same, just stronger.

But like someone said, do what feels right for you and what you've been doing b/c your hair is slammin'!!