One week post touch up- relaxer.....

Chaya

...And it time for my weekly wash. I need some suggestions on what I should do as far as conditioning for this week.
Would you suggest a protein or moisture conditioner? I thas been one week since my touch up and I want to do the best thing for it. My hair is not breaking or shedding and my ends are in tact 3-4 months post trim.

Any suggestions?
Protein ( mild-GPB, strong-Emergencee or Elasta QP breakage control)
or Moisture Conditioner?

Thanks In Advan
ce!

KathyMay

I would use a moisturizing conditioner and not a protein conditioner since you aren't doing any shedding right now

PrettyBrownEyes

I wasn't going to respond because there doesn't seem to be a clear agreement on this board about using a protein conditioner 1 week post touch-up. Nevertheless, I will give MY suggestion as you requested responses.

I'd suggest you use the GPB and follow that up with a good moisturizing conditioner that doesn't have protein in it. That's how I follow up my protein reconsturcors. I don't use the heavy duty ones like Aphogee or Emergencee.

Chaya

AWWWW shucks! I received the responses too late! I had to wash my hair because I have to roller set it and it takes my hair FOREVER to dry!
Well I ended up putting Mizani Kerafuse ( protein) on my ends while my hair was dry and before I shampooed. I shampooed and used a MOISTURIZING conditioner. I thought about using the aubrey but I hadnt used my JOICO in awhile so I thought what the hey!!

GoingBack

I would say that it depends on your hair. For me, I would do a moisturizing conditioner if I didn't have any breakage/shedding. If I did, then I would do the protein treatment.

greAtness333

I was actually wondering about that myself for when I buy AOGPB. So I guess it would be better to use it once a month/a month after my re-touch. Thanks for the advice!
(in a friendly way LOL)

Chaya

What I did notice during the comb out and while I was rollersetting is that I had shedding more than usual. It wasnt enough so that I was ALARMES but usually I dont get more that 3-4 strands on my shower comb. Maybe Ill stick to the moisturizing deep condition and lay off the protein.

It must be sheddin season!