New Years Resolutions: Hair Edition

LexiDior

Yes ma'am its that time again :yep:.

What are your goals to next year and What do you plan to do differently? It could be anytime.

1. No skipping the DCing. I get lazy but no more.
2. If I join a challenge, I promise to participate.
3. I will make sure I take my biotin and vitamins every day like I should.
4. I will attempt to learn how to style my hair.

Lets help each other keep these goal.

CodeRed

Resoultion: No buy

I've already gotten enough products to last me until 2015. I'll only have to re-up on leave in conditoner after this Black Friday sale. Hopefully I can go the whole year without buying anything until next black friday... we'll see lol

LexiDior

Resoultion: No buy

I've already gotten enough products to last me until 2015. I'll only have to re-up on leave in conditoner after this Black Friday sale. Hopefully I can go the whole year without buying anything until next black friday... we'll see lol

CodeRed

wow, more power to you lol. Thats not even something I could pretend to promise :lachen:

IMFOCSD

No stepping away from what works for me.. WIGS!!
Not going more than 3 days without moisture.... SCURL
Using protein atleast once a month..... idk whick one yet
using a weekly DC consistently... ORS replenisher
keeping my ends healthy.... monthly dustings

destinyseeker

In 2014 I will be an active participant in any challenges I join :) and like the above poster I will not buy anything that I have way too much of... Oils, conditioners, shampoo's, everything! This year I will be liquidating my very large stock. :)

LexiDior

No stepping away from what works for me.. WIGS!!
Not going more than 3 days without moisture.... SCURL
Using protein atleast once a month..... idk whick one yet
using a weekly DC consistently... ORS replenisher
keeping my ends healthy.... monthly dustings

^^This

People dont know about that Scurl. Its the truth. For me, that and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturizing Creme does wonders when Im lazy.

ckisland

No trims for the whole year- I'll cut ssks and that's IT!!

Cowashing or rinsing twice a week- I did a whole year experimenting with 7-10 days between washes and my hair's shorter than when it started :nono:

No more jumping from one routine to another- I know what system works for me, so I need to have a permanent seat :lol:

Being too lazy to put my hair up at night- All I have to do is put it in a pineapple and I'm too lazy for THAT!

BranwenRosewood

Find a moisturizing method that works. Alternate sulfate and sulfate-free shampoo every wash. DC weekly. Protein monthly. Find a staple leave-in. Stick to one formula for making my DC's. Flatiron and trim every 6 months. Texturize every 6 months starting 1/1/2014. Reach APL.

I plan to go on a strict no-buy next year. I need to stock up on leave-in's during black friday. I need to place an order with some wholesale companies before the year is out.

1. Keep taking Biotin once a day
2. Leave co-washing alone. It was fun. But, my hair's fine and it doesn't need much manipulation.
3. Shampoo once a week and dc afterwards.
4. Use more protein. I slacked big time.
5. Trim hair twice a year.
6. Stick with the low-purchasing of products (i.e. remain a regular customer of two lines only)
7. Do only one full henna treatment a year and 11 "touch-ups" for the rest of the year.
8. Focus on bigger hair (even though my new goal is WL by December 2014)

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

Mine:

Cut a inch off.
Continue to give my hair the TLC it needs.
Continue My Transition to Natural Hair
Continue to PJ my life away :yep:

ScorpioLove

Less heat and opt for rollersets instead
Continue to DC weekly
Full henna monthly
Protein weekly( except for henna weeks)
Not relax my hair
Take hair vitamins every single day
Make sure to treat my hair like the fine silk it is.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
*Begin a hair vitamin regimen and stay consistent
*Protein every two weeks
*Reach MBL and grazing WL

AgeinATL

Continue to maintain full MBL/grazing WL throughout my second year of transitioning, trimming as needed.
Continue bi-weekly washing/deep conditioning.
Try again with lace wigs as a protective style.
Put some braids in during the summer.
Straighten my hair 2-3 times in 2014.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
Reach full APL
Get on a trimming schedule. I tend to hold on to dead ends far too long.
Find a good protein treatment. I'm not happy with anything I have done do far.

Rozlewis

1. Use up most of my staff or at least put a dent in it.
2. Stretch my relaxers to 6 months and only get 2 relaxers per year.
3. Reach a healthy full APL.

lamaria211

To use up my stash and stop being a PJ:(
To use up my stash and stop beinga PJ
Repeating
. ................:)

LexiDior

To use up my stash and stop being a PJ:(
To use up my stash and stop beinga PJ
Repeating
. ................:)

same here. new things keep coming out and they look so good :lick:
We pjs need a 12 step program and sponsors because its hard out here!!

RegaLady

1. Not going to be length obsessed.( I am very close to my goal, so less pressure. I am walking there instead of running there)

2. No cutting. I took off about an inch for a "trim" and I didn't like the way that felt. I thought I would cut my hair into a bob, but that last trim taught me that I am no where near ready:nono:

3. Enjoy my hair:yep:. PS when needed but no over obsessing over it. I have been doing this for the past couple of months and I am really enjoying the journey more.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

wear my hair in minibraids for the whole of 2014.
wear each set of minibraids for two months
wash condition and deep condition once a wee
m and s once a day
apl. please.

Penelope74

• Kick my product addiction.... Join P(roduct) J(unkie) A(nonamous)
  • Relax 2x's per year.
  • Find PS that works.
  • Keep hand out of hair.

prettybyrd

1. Find a salon and a superb stylist. I don't think that I want to DIY (all the time) anymore.

2. Experiment with straight styles. I love being natural, but I've been sporting a halo of curls for at least the last 15 years, and frankly, I'm getting bored. I'm bored with updos, twists, and braids, too.

3. Stick to my challenges. I always forget about them, or just quit. I'm going to stick with the ones that I join through 2015 - when I hit WL.

4. Get to BSL.

Stormy

My resolution is to stick to my PS/low manipulation regimen and reach my APL goal. I have a bad habit of getting bored, so once I reach CL/SL I start slacking. No more of this! From now on I'm going to continue doing what works for the retention and health of my hair.

IMFOCSD

^^This

People dont know about that Scurl. Its the truth. For me, that and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturizing Creme does wonders when Im lazy.

OMG LexiDior... scurl is the bomb, I use it for about 2-3 days straight then I can go days without using it and my hair will still be moist & not sticky...smh I always come back to scurl when I stray lol.