What do relaxed ladies use for a daily moisturizer?

CatSuga

I know every shampoo and condition y'all use, but no body ever talks about a good moisturizer. (I'm asking for some lost soul on BHM)

Suri

Until I came here, I never placed too much emphasis on moisterizers. I've heard ladies say that Pink Oil Moisturizer is a good one.

My staples so far are:
ORS Carrot and Olive Oil
Parnevu (great at locking moisture)
EVOO
Jojoba Oil
Shea Butter
Amla and Jasmine Oil

Oops I just noticed your title, I am half relaxed (9 mos. post) but these products work well on both of my textures. HTH

Right now I use:

EVOO
Keracare moisturizer w/ jojoba oil
Nexxus Botanic Oil (has a mixture of essential oils in it)

vickid

Surge Wooge Cream and Parnevu Tea Tree Cream
Ends--alternate with Salerm 21 and Profective ends

Cowgirl

I use a mixed up concoction as my moisturizer.

16oz spray bottle:
1/2 filled with distilled water
1/4 filled with Nexxus Humectress for moisture
1/8 filled with Nexxus Keraphix for protein
1/8 filled with oils (EVOO & Coconut)
Shake really well and spray.

These measurements are approximate as I don't measure anything precise. :)

I tried using the S-curl as a moisturizer but it made my hair to mushy. I think I might need to try the porosity control to see if maybe my hair is too porous.

CarLiTa

i wanna know too...

i've been using the ORS olive oil for a while now and i'm starting to not like how it makes my hair greasy after a while, like i can't use it everyday because when i run my hands on my hair, it's oily!

so i laid off that one for a while, now i'm using Motions Oil Moisturizer, which i used to use before i got the ORS olive oil *just because i wanted to try it)... it leaves my hair soft, especially when i put it on at night followed by my satin scarf... it penetrates the hair shaft and doesnt' leave an oily residue on top. my hair feels soft but u can't really tell it has anything on it.

for my ends, i've been looking and looking and LOOKING for the EQP mango butter EVERYWHERE and i can't find it. i'm going to order it online. As of right now, I use a mixture of water, rose water + glycerine, S-Curl, and some other leave-ins and moisturizers that have been hanging around the house. it works well if i spray the ends more than twice a day... but i NEED the mango butter! i'm also gonna get Unrefined shea butter and see how that works

Sweet C

Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil and Carrot Creme.

Has anyone tried the ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion?

Babygurl

Water, QP Mango Butter, QP Recovery....oil to seal (shea or coconut)

First 2 weeks after a relaxer I use Motions Light Oil Moisturizer.

Sweet C said:
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil and Carrot Creme.

Has anyone tried the ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion?

I use the ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion. It's pretty good at moisturizing but I can only use it every other day becasue my hair is fine and this tends to weigh my hair down. It makes my hair feel to greasy if I use it too often.
HTH

Last edited:

mzcaramelicious07

I've tried a million moisturizers...oils, lotions, cremes...everything. I fell in love in Cathy Howse's Creme, but it is getting to expensive to order it all of the time online. I went to Sally's and got Silk Elements Anti-Breakage Creme and that stuff is the bomb!!!!!! I love it! So, I roller set with that and then throughout the week, I'll put Wild Growth Oil on my ends and that Silk Elements creme on my roots.

Sosoothing

I currently use

sta-sof-fro
BB oil moisturizer

Have used:

Motions lotion, I actually liked it and might try it again.

TrulyBlessed

When relaxed I used:

Elasta QP Oil Recovery sealed with a bit of WGO (This combo used to work wonders!!)

BB Castor Oil Lotion

Nita81

I use this Natural Locks Hair oil blend that I picked up from Sevananda(Atlanta) in Little Five Points. This oil is very good and non greasy!!!

TrulyBlessed

Off topic but Nita81 you just took me way back with the pics in your sig. Jem used to be my favorite cartoon! I had the dolls and everything..thanks for the flashback :D

Nita81

Tasha112 said:
Off topic but Nita81 you just took me way back with the pics in your sig. Jem used to be my favorite cartoon! I had the dolls and everything..thanks for the flashback :D

No problem I LOVE 80's nostalgia!!!!!! Don't get me started!!!:grin:

sareca

I use UBH daily moisturizer from Cathy Howse. I burn through about 32oz/month applying it three times a day. I'm not married to it, but it works better than the other products I've used. My hair despises dimethicone or anything ending in "icone," so my choices are limited. I also use OJon at night under a baggie with my moisturizer.

controlFreak

I use the following products in the following order:

tigi ego boost
olive oil
vitale hair polish

my hair has never felt better, despite the fact im flat ironing almost everyday now

isawstars

I don't recommend Pink's oil sheen. It smells good but i found it a bit drying.

I use S-Curl, and leave in conditioners such as... Kera Care, Ganier's Long & Strong.

SUPER SWEET

MizAvalon said:
I use Shea Butter, but not everyday. It's too heavy for that.

Those "Pink" products are disgusting!
They have too much mineral oil . My hair hates that.

I like surge extra moisturizing stuff ,motion 9 oil and WGO in a spray bottle.

carmella25

I use water and i also combine my conditioners together in a spray bottle with infusium 23 and water.

I usually spary my hair 2 to 3 times a day.

SandySea

I use Profectiv Breakfree. My hair loves it and has been looking much healthier since I started using it about a year ago. It also gives my hair more body (I have fine hair). When used in moderation, it is a great asset to my regimen.