Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair

camilla

mango butter
hawian silky 14 in 1
hollywood beauty olive cream
giovanni direct i also use a dab of this daily sometimes as a moisturizer

wheezy807

ORS Olive Oil in the jar. It does contain mineral oil but it has never let my hair down. My hair has only thrived and my progress is the proof.

LaidBak

Ellin Lavar Deep Penetrating balm. Light, non-sticky, non greasy. I follow it with a bit of oil to seal. Available at CVS.

xcuzememiss

ive been using a mixture of Dove Frizz Free weightless moisturizerW/ Elasta QP mango Butter. Only a tad bit of the two. Ill mix it in my palms and apply to my hair.. Then I'll seal with Kemi Oyl. only like 1 or 2 drops... its kinda heavy... Oh Yeah .. I use the shine serum from Garnier fructis.. I got it from walgreens when it was on sale for 99cents

krikit96

Love LUV LOOOOOOVE the ORS Hair Care Line... The Olive Oil in the jar is the SHIZNIT SON!:grin:
I really have become fond of the NTM Silk Touch Leave in...
These two together are a winning combination... I even like the ORS Hair Lotion...

Now... I keep hearing about Elasta QP Mango Butter... I think I'm bout to pak the kiddies up and head to Wal-Mart and pick up a jar!

*Muffin*

Giovanni Direct Leave-conditioner (I find that I can even use their rinse-outs as leave-ins and it leaves my hair moisturized. Right now I'm using their smooth as silk mixed with jojoba oil and water as a leave in). I usually dilute it and put some in a spray bottle and spray my hair every day with it, followed by a light coating of oil.

-This is how I moisturize my ends (which require more moisturization than the rest of my hair). After I wash my hair and apply my leave-in conditioner, I allow it to dry a bit. I let it dry until it's almost dry, but still damp (about 75-80% dry). Then I coat my hair with a light layer of oil, mostly concentrating at the ends. Then I braid my hair in two low braids and I seal the ends of the braids with my whipped shea butter blend (shea butter whipped with some oils). Then I allow it to dry completely and usually sleep with in the braids. When I take the braids out the next day my hair feels super moisturized :yep:. I use the shea butter on my ends as needed.

Last edited:

chebaby

carols daughter healthy hair butter and ojon RT. love this combo and i seal with vatika frosting.

Miss Monae

ORS Olive Oil in the jar. It does contain mineral oil but it has never let my hair down. My hair has only thrived and my progress is the proof.

Cosigning on the ORS in the jar. also using Hairveda Whipped Cream and Vatika oil. Moisturizes and minimizes my shedding!

krikit96

Would you believe I packed up all 3 of the kids, rolled out to Wal-Mart and those bammas didn't even CARRY Elasta QP Mango Butter???

THEN if that wasn't bad enough, I went to SALLY's and THEY of all places didn't have it either. She said they didn't carry it at all. So I had to go BACK to my local chinamen shop and they had the entire line.

So, Hopefully I will fall in love w/the Mango Butter... I did actually pick up some Elasta QP Glaze from Wal-Mart... Does anybody else here use that???

SimpleKomplexity

Would you believe I packed up all 3 of the kids, rolled out to Wal-Mart and those bammas didn't even CARRY Elasta QP Mango Butter???

THEN if that wasn't bad enough, I went to SALLY's and THEY of all places didn't have it either. She said they didn't carry it at all. So I had to go BACK to my local chinamen shop and they had the entire line.

So, Hopefully I will fall in love w/the Mango Butter... I did actually pick up some Elasta QP Glaze from Wal-Mart... Does anybody else here use that???

lol you MUST be from Maryland lol. Yeah the Walmarts down ehre don't seem to carry Elasta either. I've only seen it at one. When I first got on the board, I thought it was an exclusive product u could only get at the beauty supply store

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right Now I am currently enjoying:grin::

KBB Hair Milk
Mozeke Whipped Avacado Hair Cream & Coconut Kokum Hair Milk
Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream
Darcy's Botanicals Tucuma Hair Butter
BeeMine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream

*all of these natural (handmade) products have been working incredibly well on my Relaxed Hair*

And of Course:

Mizani Nighttime
Elasta QP Mango
Vitale Body N Bounce
Aveda Universal Styling Hair Cream

Are always a nice moisturizer for my hair.

LouLou1355

Right Now I am currently enjoying:grin::

KBB Hair Milk
Mozeke Whipped Avacado Hair Cream & Coconut Kokum Hair Milk
Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream
Darcy's Botanicals Tucuma Hair Butter
BeeMine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream

*all of these natural (handmade) products have been working incredibly well on my Relaxed Hair*

And of Course:

Mizani Nighttime
Elasta QP Mango
Vitale Body N Bounce
Aveda Universal Styling Hair Cream

Are always a nice moisturizer for my hair.

I brought this yesterday for my hair. Glad to hear it works for you. I'm going to try it today...

Sherbetcane

Mizani Night Treatment
BeeMine Lucious Moisturizer
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Borttega Verde Night-time elixir with Linseed Oil

4evershika

My homemade spritz w/ glycerin, aloe vera juice, water, and caster oil pwns any other moisturizer I've ever used on my hair.

sunnieb

I use ORS Carrot Oil daily and top that with NTM Silk Touch for the days I need an additional moisture boost.