QOD Max Organix Gave Me Relaxer Straight Hair

Ediese

is that suppose to happen?:perplexed:nono:

I decided to give it a try since I've heard so many great things about it on here. I've used the Marcia Texeira BKT in the past, and it made it so much easier for me to comb through my hair. I think it loosened my curls by about 60%. That's what I was expecting with this product. I would have gotten the MT again, but I didn't want to use formaldehyde. BTW..the stylist that did it used about 10 passes at the time.

On Sunday, I clarified with Suave daily clarifying shampoo. I let my hair airdry, and then I applied the QOD max to small sections. I combed it through with a small tooth comb, and twisted it in 4 sections. I had stuff to do around the house, so I took a break. My hair was about 75% dry at the time. I was tired, so I only blow dried the 2 sections in the back. I went to bed with the other two twisted up. The next day I blowdried the two front sections, and flat ironed my hair with my Jilbere on the 15 setting. I'm not sure what it equates to but it goes up to 20/25. I did about 8 passes on each section, and used my hot comb to go over my roots. I wanted to wear it straight for a bit, so I didn't wash it out right away. It's day 5, and I just washed my hair.

While I was in the shower, I notice that my hair was still very straight. I had this same problem with the MT, but withe the Marcia Texeira, when I applied shampoo I could see my curls. This did not happen with the QOD Max Organix. I shampooed multiple times, and my hair is still stick straight. Has this happened to anyone? I'm talking about my hair being 98% straight (see pics below). I'm really worried, and wondering if my hair is now heat damaged because it's refusing to curl. Please tell me this will wear off?!! :sad:

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

I just slept on it last night I was so depressed. lol These pics are about 95% dry.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

------------------------------

Two cornrows air dried w/no product -- my hair is definitely VERY different

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

Last edited:

winona

:bighug: I am so sorry this happened to you. I have only used the QOD Gold not Max so I don't really have any suggestions for you. I did not use it according to directions because I was scured of straight hair.(350max;6 swipes max)

alive

oh wow. i don't have any experience with this but i'm hoping it wears off!! your natural curls are gorgeous

Ediese

:bighug: I am so sorry this happened to you. I have only used the QOD Gold not Max so I don't really have any suggestions for you. I did not use it according to directions because I was scured of straight hair.(350max;6 swipes max)

Did your hair always revert? In hindsight, I probably should have only done 6 passes max, and turned down the heat.

For some reason, even now that I've washed it, my hair still smells like QOD max.

Sosa

I tried this recently on some of my hair (4a/b natural) and it didn't take. It's my fault tho'... I only did 4 passes at maybe 300-350F and when I had my shower a few hours later, it completely reverted...cuz I forgot to put a shower cap on :ohwell:.

Does your hair still feel coated? What shampoo did you try washing it out with?

Dove56

Hi Ediese,

I'm sorry this happened to you!!! :( I've used both QOD MAX Orginial 0.02% formeldahyde and QOD Max Organiq. I've been BKT'ing for 3 years and honestly, I don't think your hair will revert back.

My hair now is about 60% curly and 40% stick straight. At one point it was all 100% straight and I loved it but started missing my curly hair. I have never seen the stick straight ends revert back, in fact I have about 4-6 inches of ends that look just like yours and I want to cut it now so bad but I'm going to wait until I am back to WL then start trimming them. I'm in the process of transitioning now. I am never doing more than two treatments a year and when I do I will only do the roots.

Like I said, I've used QOD Max Organiq but I applied it the same way biancaelyse did to her daughter's hair. My hair is 3c and I believe she has a daughter that's 2 A or B that was able to still retain her natural pattern so I figured if a 2A could keep her waves/curls I should be able to as well as a 3c/b. For that reason, I only did two passes at 410 degrees and washed it out immediately after I flatironed my hair and I was able to keep my curls. QOD Max regular gave me bone straight hair every time.

If it was in for 5 days and you did so many passes I think that's why it's straight. At least it looks very healthy and long though, I feel your pain though. I really miss just washing my hair and being able to wear it curly and go.

One a positive note, you will be able to do some great rollersets in the meantime.

Last edited:

winona

Did your hair always revert? In hindsight, I probably should have only done 6 passes max, and turned down the heat.

For some reason, even now that I've washed it, my hair still smells like QOD max.

My hair that I did reverted back. I went to a stylist once and some of the hair that she did is slightly looser(the front that was already a looser texture). I am trimming those parts off. I am not doing bkt anymore out of sheer laziness:look: Just seems like too much work. By the time I blow-dry my hair out I am exhausted:spinning: and I don't trust a stylist to EVA do it again:nono:

ChasingBliss

What is this you speak of? Is this something new? Something that can straighten hair without relaxing it? I am so lost in this game.

I'm sorry about your disappointment though.

Ediese

Hi Ediese,

I'm sorry this happened to you!!! :( I've used both QOD MAX Orginial 0.02% formeldahyde and QOD Max Organiq. I've been BKT'ing for 3 years and honestly, I don't think your hair will revert back.

My hair now is about 60% curly and 40% stick straight. At one point it was all 100% straight and I loved it but started missing my curly hair. I have never seen the stick straight ends revert back, in fact I have about 4-6 inches of ends that look just like yours and I want to cut it now so bad but I'm going to wait until I am back to WL then start trimming them. I'm in the process of transitioning now. I am never doing more than two treatments a year and when I do I will only do the roots.

Like I said, I've used QOD Max Organiq but I applied it the same way biancaelyse did to her daughter's hair. My hair is 3c and I believe she has a daughter that's 2 A or B that was able to still retain her natural pattern so I figured if a 2A could keep her waves/curls I should be able to as well as a 3c/b. For that reason, I only did two passes at 410 degrees and washed it out immediately after I flatironed my hair and I was able to keep my curls. QOD Max regular gave me bone straight hair every time.

If it was in for 5 days and you did so many passes I think that's why it's straight. At least it looks very healthy and long though, I feel your pain though. I really miss just washing my hair and being able to wear it curly and go.

One a positive note, you will be able to do some great rollersets in the meantime.

Thanks so much for this message. I don't believe my ends will revert either, and that's one of the things I loved about my hair -- the spirals on the ends. I'll miss it so much. Oh well..such is life I suppose. Now, I have to transition all over again. I don't know why I get myself into this stuff. lol I never wear wash n gos anyway, so I guess I just need to figure out how to start styling my hair from here on out.

I really should have read through Biancaelyse's thread all the way. I would have never done so many passes. I have a huge bottle here, and I'm not sure I'm going to use it again. Why, why why??!!! :sad:

Ediese

I tried this recently on some of my hair (4a/b natural) and it didn't take. It's my fault tho'... I only did 4 passes at maybe 300-350F and when I had my shower a few hours later, it completely reverted...cuz I forgot to put a shower cap on :ohwell:.

Does your hair still feel coated? What shampoo did you try washing it out with?

Yes, it does still feel really coated. I can smell the keratin still in my hair. If I pass my hands through it, it still has the smell too. I don't think it'll revert, but I'm keeping hope alive. lol

I used Abba shampoo and conditioner to wash it out. It's sulfate free. I'm thinking about using my suave clarifying shampoo with some salt or something to wash it out to see what happens.

By the way, I know I read someone with 4a/b hair say that it didn't work for them when they did less passes, so I figured I needed 8 passes. lol That goes to show that everyone's hair is different.

Ediese

What is this you speak of? Is this something new? Something that can straighten hair without relaxing it? I am so lost in this game.

I'm sorry about your disappointment though.

It's a bkt that's suppose to be better because it doesn't have formaldehyde.

BostonMaria

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you. I followed your entire transitioning journey and I know how disappointing this must be for you.

On a more positive note, your hair looks healthy and long. You know how to transition and maybe the second time around will be easier because you know what works and what doesn't. Sending you a big hug.

Dove56

Thanks so much for this message. I don't believe my ends will revert either, and that's one of the things I loved about my hair -- the spirals on the ends. I'll miss it so much. Oh well..such is life I suppose. Now, I have to transition all over again. I don't know why I get myself into this stuff. lol I never wear wash n gos anyway, so I guess I just need to figure out how to start styling my hair from here on out.

I really should have read through Biancaelyse's thread all the way. I would have never done so many passes. I have a huge bottle here, and I'm not sure I'm going to use it again. Why, why why??!!! :sad:

Yeah, the top might revert but once the ends look like that I've never seen mine revert. I know I feel you about getting into sticky situations with my hair!!! It seems like I never learn lol!

Prior to the keratin I NEVER had bone straight hair, even when I used to relax, because the chemicals would burn my scalp so bad it could never stay on long enough to straighten it completely so I was sort of at a loss with what to do with bone straight hair! I figured it out though and loved it but then I *really* started missing my natural hair so I'm only the journey with you sis. It's all good though, it will be back in no time! :)

Here's my hair 100% natural this is a few years old:

QOD Max damp hair - 2 years ago:

Last edited:

Ediese

Yeah, the top might revert but once the ends look like that I've never seen mine revert. I know I feel you about getting into sticky situations with my hair!!! It seems like I never learn lol!

Prior to the keratin I NEVER had bone straight hair, even when I used to relax, because the chemicals would burn my scalp so bad it could never stay on long enough to straighten it completely so I was sort of at a loss with what to do with bone straight hair! I figured it out though and loved it but then I *really* started missing my natural hair so I'm only the journey with you sis. It's all good though, it will be back in no time! :)

Here's my hair 100% natural this is a few years old:

QOD Max damp hair - 2 years ago:

WOW!!! Your ends are really straight too! I love your natural hair! :sad: We are definitely in this together. It's going to take some time to get rid of the straight ends. It seems like it's about 5" for me. lol I'm going to start practicing with rollersetting my hair. I'm going to do some caruso sets too. That'll probably be pretty. I guess I could try twist/braidouts now too. I didn't like them on my natural hair.

Dove56

Ediese,

I will wash this weekend and show you what it looks like now. I want those ends GONE lol!!!!!!

I try not to think about it lol. I'v been rollersetting and I've elminated the flatiron. I've also been taking a million supplements to accelerate my growth.

Ediese

Ediese,

I will wash this weekend and show you what it looks like now. I want those ends GONE lol!!!!!!

I try not to think about it lol. I'v been rollersetting and I've elminated the flatiron. I've also been taking a million supplements to accelerate my growth.

Cool. I'd love to see your pics. Your outlook is really a nice way to look at it. I've been wanting to try something new anyway. I've been keeping my hair trimmed at APL, and made a decision last month to grow it back to WL. lol I might go ahead and get a bob. That's definitely new. Kinky, long hair was too much work for me. I'm so wishy washy. :lol:

Kurlee

Cool. I'd love to see your pics. Your outlook is really a nice way to look at it. I've been wanting to try something new anyway. I've been keeping my hair trimmed at APL, and made a decision last month to grow it back to WL. lol I might go ahead and get a bob. That's definitely new. Kinky, long hair was too much work for me. I'm so wishy washy. :lol:
Aphogee? DRC 28? Clarifying poo? Have you tried those?

Love Always

Ediese, sorry this happened to you :sad:. Sadly enough I can relate. In December of 2010 I got the QOD brand as well, I didn't get the Organix though. Let's just say that my hair thinned out and I cut my hair this past Decemeber because I wanted my thick hair back. I hope that your hair reverts back.

I wish that I would have stuck with the Global Brand because I had great success with it and my hair reverted both times.

Ediese

Ediese, sorry this happened to you :sad:. Sadly enough I can relate. In December of 2010 I got the QOD brand as well, I didn't get the Organix though. Let's just say that my hair thinned out and I cut my hair this past Decemeber because I wanted my thick hair back. I hope that your hair reverts back.

I wish that I would have stuck with the Global Brand because I had great success with it and my hair reverted both times.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your hair. I really need to stick to what I know. lol I swear I'm always taking chances with my hair. lol

Dove56

No I just washed it last night. I'm planning to clarify today. I know someone mentioned adding salt to 'force' reversion. I'm going to try that too.

Salt does help remove some of it. I was in the ocean in Florida for at least four hours last Summer and it removed some of the treatment for sure but those stupid ends were like, "Nope, not gonna leave" lol.

BKT's are no joke and there's no rhyme or reason for how they work! I learned the hard way. Some treatments that would straighten other folks hair would leave mine big and vise versa. I know some white women that have had them done that can't get their hair straight to save their lives using BKT! I've tried to establish a pattern but I can't with this product.

Dove56

It's been fun. I've had a ball rollersetting and wearing my hair straight without having to worry about humidity...shoot, I could walk in the rain and my hair STILL wouldn't get big! My hair would like cotton candy in the Summer after I flatironed and got caught in humidity. :ohwell::lol:

I had my hair colored, stripped/bleached then colored, and I was able to do that because of not having a relaxer and still enjoy wearing it straight! I've never experienced any breakage, thinning or anything. My hair has done very well with the treatments and if I loved it straight, I'd never stop doing them!

I'm wishy washy to especially in terms of hair growth because although I loved WL or TBL whatever I didn't like the maintainance. So I cut to BSL and I've kept it there for about 5 years. I say I'm gonna go back WL but I always get it cut lol..I was thinking of a bob to so I could elminate the ends...still thinking about it. :)

It's just hair and your fabulous texture is programmed into your DNA so it will be back! :)

biancaelyse

Ediese,

Sorry that you had that result. 8 passes is way more than the 2 that I did on my kids. Also I washed it out the same day. I went more conservative so that I could make sure that they still had curls.

Both of them did revert back after a few months. You can try using a cheap harsh sulfate shampoo to accelerate the process.

Good Luck!!

growinghealthyhair

This happened with me. I'm not even sure what kind the stylist used (I Think it was one of the ones you mentioned). I will never get a BKT again unless i want bone straight hair. Thankfully I only did it on a very small section of my leave-out. But it makes me want to cry, because if it wasn't for the straight hair in the front, I would be able to wear my own natural hair out. :perplexed

mscocoface

This would be my worst nightmare! Trying something and then my hair goes straight. Ediese I hope you can get those beautiful curls back. I am feeling like my hair was straighten.