Natural Rollerset Using Mesh Rollers and New Lottabody Product Review--> Pics Inside

kblc06

Okay, I know you're probably getting sick of me posting pics of rollersets, but I decided to try out mesh rollers. When I did a search, there weren't many reviews on them, especially for natural hair so I decided to test them out and give a review. I also used the new Lottabody Olive Oil Setting Lotion. It gives a really great shine and doesn't have the tacky residue of the original one- it also didn't hold my set that hard at all, but I may have diluted it a little too much. With regards to the drying time, my hair dried much quicker. I ran out mesh rollers and had to use some regular magnetic rollers- the only portions of my hair that didn't dry in 40-45 minutes are the ones I used the magnetic rollers on. Oh, btw I used the Annie brand of mesh rollers.

Oh and please ignore the wonky eyes...it was 4 am in the morning :lol:. I also did some of the rollers without the clamps to see how my hair would dry. They dried just as smooth, but clamps are my handicap when it comes to rollersetting. I also tried to get a close-up of the roots in order to show how smooth they came out. I was really impressed :yep:.

[IMG=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6101/054nt.th.jpg][/IMG]

luckiestdestiny

Re: Natural Rollerset Using Mesh Rollers and New Lottabody Product Review--> Pics Ins

kblc06 you're inspiring me. YOur hair dried in 45 minutes with the mesh rollers? That's you in your siggy? OMG I will sooooo do this if that's the case. I sat under the dryer with magnetic and let me tell you it's a ton longer than 45 minutes (I'm mbl 4a natural). I thought my roller setting days would be sad, long and hard, but maybe with the mesh rollers I can cut my drying time (the next time I do one that is, I don't think that will be until February as I'm keeping my hair braided up until then). Thanks so much for showing this.

BTW are what's your hair type?

NIN4eva

Re: Natural Rollerset Using Mesh Rollers and New Lottabody Product Review--> Pics Ins

That is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!

luckiestdestiny

Forgot to add I'm loving the shine. I was thinking perhaps I should give up on shining and just sheen instead. But I KNOW that my hair can shine a lot (when hairstylists do it), so I was hoping I could figure this out on my own.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

It came out so smooth and shiny, great job!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member

Wonderful job! I have yet to try a rollerset on my natural hair, but once I do, I hope it'll look as good as yours :love:

freecurl

Great job!!! I just bought a ton of magnetic rollers online. Wish I could exchange them for the mesh. Thanks for the review.

Dominican09

My rollersets NEVER come out like that! Great job!!

ladytee2

You are my roller setting Sero. Your hair is awesome. I use the annie mesh and my hair does dry in less than an hour but its not as smooth and shinny as yours. I have been doing ponytail sets but you have convinced me to loose the ponytail. Im sure it take me quite a bit of practicing to get my hair smooth and straight. Great job.

Please dont stop posting your sets. There are not a lot of post on getting a smooth set on 4a natural hair. Do you put your setting lotion in a spray bottle? What is your ratio? Did you use the cantu leave in? How much?

Thanks

Last edited:

davisbr88

Beautiful! I have to try the mesh rollers now!

blackbarbie986

very pretty, what hair type are you?

--never mind, i saw someone post that you're a 4a.

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Fantastic results!

BTW, OP is a type 3.

kblc06

kblc06 you're inspiring me. YOur hair dried in 45 minutes with the mesh rollers? That's you in your siggy? OMG I will sooooo do this if that's the case. I sat under the dryer with magnetic and let me tell you it's a ton longer than 45 minutes (I'm mbl 4a natural). I thought my roller setting days would be sad, long and hard, but maybe with the mesh rollers I can cut my drying time (the next time I do one that is, I don't think that will be until February as I'm keeping my hair braided up until then). Thanks so much for showing this.

BTW are what's your hair type?

Oh thanks :blush:. It really means a lot to me that I inspire you! And that pic in my avatar is a wig :lol:, but I am BSL/MBL for the most part. I'm wigging it for the remainder of the year throughout next spring. And yes, my hair dried in about 45 minutes compared to the hour and 20 minutes it usually takes- I use the SalonsRUs hairdryer. My hair type is strange, lol. The curls are loose but they are highly textured and behave like 3c/4a hair. The perimeter is a 4a halo, the left side & crown are 2c-3a/b, the right side is 3b/c and the back is 3b/c/4a :spinning:. So I usually just say 3b/3c/4a, fine-medium, thready textured, high density.

Last edited:

Determined22

Very nice! I plan to wear my hair straight for the winter & I want to see if I can rollerset my hair & then lightly flatiron. I'm a little worried because my hair starts to shrink & coil immediately if its wet & loose, but hopefully I can figure out a rollersetting routine.

Bigmommah

I love your rollersets. I have yet to master them so thanks for keeping me inspired and encouraged.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Looks so cute!! I gotta get on top of my rollersetting game.

kblc06

You are my roller setting Sero. Your hair is awesome. I use the annie mesh and my hair does dry in less than an hour but its not as smooth and shinny as yours. I have been doing ponytail sets but you have convinced me to loose the ponytail. Im sure it take me quite a bit of practicing to get my hair smooth and straight. Great job.

Please dont stop posting your sets. There are not a lot of post on getting a smooth set on 4a natural hair. Do you put your setting lotion in a spray bottle? What is your ratio? Did you use the cantu leave in? How much?

Thanks

Thanks, I use a squirt bottle and I usually dilute the setting lotion based on color....I'm sorry that's not very accurate but I if I had to guess, I would use 1 part lotion and 5-6 parts water. For a firmer set, I used 4-5 parts water. I usually the solution is quite transparent. I apply cantu and/or lacio lacio throughout my hair so that it stay's moisturized. As I'm rolling I'll apply more per section along with Chi Silk Infusion. HTH :)

BlaqBella

I LOVE your hair, rollersets (always bangin')..thanks for sharing Op.

LunadeMiel

KBLC, you have maaaad skills :lol: Please do a tutorial :pray:

Ltown

Greyland

Pretty, so you use the magnetic caps on the mesh, very creative and better than the pin.

sqzbly1908

Gorgeous!!!! I have been eyeing that new Lottabody for a minute...so how are you maintaining your hair at night....I like the size of your mesh rollers, did you have to order them?

FoxyMoxie

It's beautiful!!!!

kblc06

KBLC, you have maaaad skills :lol: Please do a tutorial :pray:

I do have a tutorial on my fotki, but I plan to do a youtube tutorial.....eventually. Right now my science labs are killing me :lol:

Gorgeous!!!! I have been eyeing that new Lottabody for a minute...so how are you maintaining your hair at night....I like the size of your mesh rollers, did you have to order them?

No, I found them at an Asian BSS. I saw some 2" online that I wanted to order that were similar. It takes significantly longer to roll on the 1 3/4" rollers now that my hair is BSL+. I usually comb my hair out and do a silk wrap. However, when I actually wear the curls, I pincurl them.

Last edited:

danysedai

Very nice! I bought the new lottabody with olive oil and I liked it. I wouldn't use it when I want to wear my hair out though (I'm relaxed) as I found the set came out not as soft as when I do it with some Lacio Lacio or Silicon Mix leave in and serum. I'll use it when I want the curls to last, for example when I wear a banana clip or some other style.

krissyprissy

Nice roller set! I may need to revisit my mesh rollers.

sheba1

Just beautiful!

Are you using this mesh roller?

With the clips from these magnetic rollers?

Did you use end papers? Did you need anything else to hold the rollers in tight?