Gain 1 Lose 10 in 2010 Challenge!

loveisnthehouse

Some of you read the thread I started yesterday about losing weight and growing hair and suggested that I start a challenge, here it is!

The challenge is for every 1 inch of hair growth to lose 10 lbs of weight.

On average that is 10 lbs in 2 months, however regular excerise and healthy eating can promote more rapid hair growth and more rapid weight loss as well, so focusing in growing hair by healthy eating and exercise can help you lose weight and doing healthy things to lose weight can help you reach your hair goals faster!

This is a challenge for anyone who wants to lose 10 lbs or more.

****I have UPDATED the rules, please read!!****

This challenge will start on March 30th and go until December 31st, that is 9 months to lose those pounds and gain those inches! The last day you will be able to join is March 29th.

Rules:
Post starting weight; picture of body (neck down and clothed) and picture of hair on March 30th and how you plan on becoming a more healthy weight and how you plan to retain healthy hair.

Post every two weeks to post weight

Every month post weight, picture of body and picture of hair

If you reach your goal weight before Dec 31st, please tell us and let us celebrate with you!!

Since it is only required to post every two weeks I would like to send everyone who joins a private message reminder a couple of days before each posting. When you say you want to join, please tell me yes or no as to whether or not you would like a reminder message. If you don't say anything about a message I will assume you don't want one.

Challengers:
Americka r
Ms_CoCo37 r
Bettina r
Ruby True r
Charlie555
MiiSS kECiia r
ms.blue r
pinkchocolatedaisy r
demlew r
Moniquenuss r
Mrsjohnson912 r
karatiki r
Curly Lee r
yardyspice
PrincessLinzz
jjenni2004
ChocoKitty r
yods r
Adaoba2012
redantz00 r
ebaby r
aa9746 r
lolascurls r
mswinky r
MizzBrit
LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden
ajenee r
*CherryPie*
AnitaTheLengths r
Shana' r
My Friend r
LifeCoach r
Damaged but not out r
infinitebeauty*
Diva_Esq
arm445 r
shantea r
classychic1908 r
PocketVenus r
Truth r
destined2bme0423 r
misslaraj
DivineNapps1728 r
Evallusion r
milaydy31 r
mocha77 r
SouthernStunner r
afrocentric_soul r

Please make sure that I put a bold r next to your name if you want reminders!

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

This is just the incentive I need to lose weight. I have at least 40lbs that I need to get rid of. Count me in!:yep:

Moniquenuss

Oh wow! This is the challenge for me!!! I need to join. Im about to graduate and start looking for a job and I dont want to look like a canned ham on my interviews!:look: I need to start working out but I its hard for me to get motivated. If I have you ladies urging me then Im sure I will do it. I want to lose about 55lbs :ohwell: soooooo Lets do it! :weighin:

loveisnthehouse

Oh wow! This is the challenge for me!!! I need to join. Im about to graduate and start looking for a job and I dont want to look like a canned ham on my interviews!:look: I need to start working out but I its hard for me to get motivated. If I have you ladies urging me then Im sure I will do it. I want to lose about 55lbs :ohwell: soooooo Lets do it! :weighin:

I will be graduating in May too, so I KNOW how you feel!

Bettina

I'm game....this is just the push I need....I want to reach APL by Dec and loose 60 lbs by then. YES I would like a reminder as well. :)

Ruby True

Please send me a PM. I need this challenge. I need to lose at least 40 lbs:ohwell:I also need to grow my hair. One double combo,please:lachen:

Charlie555

Add me please!!!!! :) :) :)
please send me a private mssage for updates.
My starting weight is 180. My goal weight is 150.
My starting length is CBL. Goal length is BSL.
For exercise I do 1 hour of intense cardio 6 days a week & weight lifting 3x a week.

Last edited:
I would like to join!!! I wanna lose 30 pounds =) I would like a PM before we have to post bec I'd forget my head if it wasn't attatched.. I will also form a reggie for my workouts and hair .. I've been meaning to but now I have a insentive.. thanks for this OP

loveisnthehouse

I would like to join!!! I wanna lose 30 pounds =) I would like a PM before we have to post bec I'd forget my head if it wasn't attatched.. I will also form a reggie for my workouts and hair .. I've been meaning to but now I have a insentive.. thanks for this OP

You're welcome :). I can use this too for sure! I'm excited!

pinkchocolatedaisy

I would like to join too. I soooo need this! My current wt is 158 lbs & I wanna lose 15 by summer actually. I'm not that good at measuring my hair growth lol. Pls do PM me!

demlew

Hi everybody! I'd like to join this challenge (my first one). OP, I'd like a reminder and thank you so much for this. Good luck to everyone.

Mrsjohnson912

Add me too please!!!! I had a baby 8 months ago and desperately need to lose the weight, grow hair and get sexy for my hubby!!! =) & please send me a reminder message! Also, does anyone know how you add what challenges you're in to the bottom of your responses???? and fotki and stuff?

karatiki

I'd like to join. And I'll definitely need a reminder message sent. This is my first challenge also (that I can remember) so I'm a little excited, LOL. Good luck everyone!

Curly Lee

I would like to join! I already lost 50 pounds a few years ago. I have another 40 or so to go! Oh also could you send a girl a reminder message please!?
Thanks and good luck everyone!

yardyspice

I've been thinking about this very topic all week because I have been steadily losing weight since I signed up on the site. I am an emotional eater: sad, mad, glad, bored, rainy, etc. but I find that when I am feeling bored especially I log on to LHCF and it takes my mind off whatever it is that I am feeling. So I want in on this challenge and hope that by documenting my results I can take my mind off food.

ms.blue

I've been thinking about this very topic all week because I have been steadily losing weight since I signed up on the site. I am an emotional eater: sad, mad, glad, bored, rainy, etc. but I find that when I am feeling bored especially I log on to LHCF and it takes my mind off whatever it is that I am feeling. So I want in on this challenge and hope that by documenting my results I can take my mind off food.

I am also an emotional eater and I have been trying to find distractions so I don't eat. I went food shopping on thursday on an empty stomach so now I have nothing but junk in my apt which is making my emotional eating worse.

PrincessLinzz

Ok so I loooooooooove this idea and I am in like 7 challenges simultaneously. I won't post my weight as I can't even type it. But lets say I want to lose 55 lbs. So I guess I will be in the challenge forever lol.
I have lost 13 lbs in the last 2 months and I have 50 more to go. :(
I do kickboxing daily as well as weightlifting and my workout lasts about 90 minutes a day.
I want my hair to grow to wl and that is my goal, but I TRULY want to get my wardrobe size out of the teens. I would love to receive a pm reminder alert.

Thanks for starting this challenge, it will definitely keep me on track!
My starting March photo:

Attachments

• hair march 2010.jpg
    hair march 2010.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 23

jjenni2004

I'm in! I'm looking for something to motivate me as well. I've gained 40lbs in the last year!!!!!!!!!!! :fat: I basically gained back all of the weight that I lost a few years ago, and...I'm trying to grow my hair out to at least BSL and this is the perfect way to start both. I've already started to change my diet and I excercise (cardio and weight training) at least 4x's a week. I have 60lbs to lose :cry: and I need the motivation. I'm going to Jamaica in October but I would like to have the 60 off by December. I would also appreciate the reminder for the weigh in's and inches. Yaaaayyyyy, and I finally caught a challenge before it started!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Not Officially Joining but will be Praying for you all and Cheering you On To Success!:hug2: *and checking on your progress*

You Can Do It! Go Ladies!:wave:

A Slimmer You is in Your Future! "Calling those things that be not as though they were":yep:

yods

Oh my yes, this is the perfect challenge for me. Am in.

I am currently 170.....18 months after a baby so really have run out of excuses now. Am at my most comfortable at the 135 mark and I turn 30 in November so really let's get this show on the road. Currently I do no exercise except a lot of walking daily. From this coming week onwards will incorporate cardio and weights 4 times a week and see where that gets me.

If I can retain about 4 inchs in those months then I will be grazing APL.... I will be here like :bdance: :gorgeous:

oh and yes about the reminder. Thank you so much for this thread.

Adaoba2012

Add me to this challenge!! I lost about 40 pounds a while ago but I've been stuck in a plateau ever since...I'm really trying to lose 20 more and I need a push! I've fallen off on my workouts hard because of school...I'm 186 right now and 5'9". Please send reminders too!
ETA: sorry that last post was under my sisters account by mistake!

redantz00

Please add me to the list!!! This will be my first weight loss challenge and what a great challenge it is. My starting weight is 188 and my goal is 150. I am currently a lil past APL and my goal is MBL! HHG and happy weight loss ladies! Please PM me reminders. Thx