OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

dlewis

I received my comb. I used it on my daughters hair and liked it. I used it on my 6 year old cousins hair when the regular comb would not work. It went through her hair very easily. I used it on my hair Sunday (2 weeks post, WL, texlaxed) I hadn't combed my flatironed hair in 2 days. After washing, conditioning and trying to use this comb with conditioner in my hair it did nothing:nono:. I my opinion it didn't work any better on my hair than my shower comb. I'm going to try it again, maybe my hair was just toooo tangled for any comb. But I did like how it worked on my daughters and my cousins hair.:yep:

Jade Feria

I received my comb. I used it on my daughters hair and liked it. I used it on my 6 year old cousins hair when the regular comb would not work. It went through her hair very easily. I used it on my hair Sunday (2 weeks post, WL, texlaxed) I hadn't combed my flatironed hair in 2 days. After washing, conditioning and trying to use this comb with conditioner in my hair it did nothing:nono:. I my opinion it didn't work any better on my hair than my shower comb. I'm going to try it again, maybe my hair was just toooo tangled for any comb. But I did like how it worked on my daughters and my cousins hair.:yep:
Aww no! I hope it works better the next time. What are your daughter and cousin's hair types?

YankeeCandle

I used it on Saturday and then tonight and both times still lost a lot of hair, even though my hair was already in a semi-detangled state from having been repeatedly wet-bunned over the weeks.

I think some people are just prone to major shedding (me) and I don't think I'm a good person to use as an example of whether or not the comb works.

However, I'll be happy to come back and update how it worked for my next wash. I am doing a wash n go for the next few days, so you know there'll be plenty more tangles for that comb to wrestle with. Lost/shed hair aside, I'd be interested to know if really can glide through tough tangles more easily.

Jade Feria

I used it on Saturday and then tonight and both times still lost a lot of hair, even though my hair was already in a semi-detangled state from having been repeatedly wet-bunned over the weeks.

I think some people are just prone to major shedding (me) and I don't think I'm a good person to use as an example of whether or not the comb works.

However, I'll be happy to come back and update how it worked for my next wash. I am doing a wash n go for the next few days, so you know there'll be plenty more tangles for that comb to wrestle with. Lost/shed hair aside, I'd be interested to know if really can glide through tough tangles more easily.
My hair tends to shed more during the winter for some reason. Do you do anything like garlic treatments, ACV rinses, etc? How did the comb work as a detangler? Did you feel like it was pulling your hair?

dlewis

Aww no! I hope it works better the next time. What are your daughter and cousin's hair types?

My cousin is about 3b, thin. She han't had her hair combed in several days and it was a tangled mess. She said it didn't hurt like when other people combed her hair.

My daughter is 3c-4a thin.

My hair is med thick.

aja1121

I have both the original Ouidad shower comb and this comb. I was wowed by their shower comb and this comb is pretty good to. It didn't do much for me when I tried to detangle in sections; it didn't grip the hair. I had to go all in and do left to right, right to left. I'm almost BSL with med to thick strands of 4a natural hair.

Last edited:

Arcadian

With this last relaxer stretch, I've broken many a comb in the last 6 months. Y'all just don't know how much I needed to see this:yep:.

-A

kriolagirl

My comb came in the mail and I used it for the first time this week...I LOVE IT!! I have super thick 4a hair that I can only usually tackle in sections. I tried it after I steamed and I was able to comb thru my hair while it was loose and afterwards could run my hands thru my hair. I can never get my hair flat to slick it back and thanks to this comb now i can. I thought nothing would top my love of my denman but this beats it for me. I don't shed alot normally and I didn't notice more hair lost than normal. It is a lil heavy but my arms were fine. The longer my hair has gotten I've started to dread wash day but this has me looking forward to it again. Did I mention I love it?!:grin:

CenteredGirl

Agreed. 24 bucks is HIGH y'all!!!!

Oh well. I may glue a couple of combs together.... LOL:lachen:I think I a lower price point would give me an incentive to try it...

LM, you are so consistent....I remember when someone on the board introducted a plastic bag that when you applied a blow dryer to it, it was like it shrinkwrapped your head. The concept was maximizing heat retention when DCing. You said "How much???, No thanks, I'll go to Michaels and buy the shrink wrap paper that they have for pennies on the dollar.

And you know what I did it too and it WORKS!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

blue_flower

I was about to purchase this comb but decided to look through the entire thread before I made the purchase. I'll wait for a cheaper knock-off.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

Try it again. I'm 17 weeks post relaxer and had no trouble. I have very fine, delicate hair that gets tangled very easily. I also didn't comb my hair in a week. When I used this comb on semi-wet hair, I lost maybe 20 hairs. I generally lose a lot more than that. I'm trying not to comb hair in the shower because I notice that my hair is much more prone to breakage and is weaker. This comb works well for me.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
My hair tends to shed more during the winter for some reason. Do you do anything like garlic treatments, ACV rinses, etc? How did the comb work as a detangler? Did you feel like it was pulling your hair?

As I was telling dlewis above, my hair is extremely fine and delicate, tangles and mats very easily, and is prone to breakage, especially when combing while soaking wet. I have been clarifying with Elucence Volumizing Clarifying Shampoo every two weeks, not combing as much, and taking garlic tabs consistently. I've noticed a remarkable change in my hair. I generally tend to shed during the winter and lose a lot of hair. I think it's due to the garlic, not combing as much, and not detangling in the shower. I don't lose nearly as much hair.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
LM, you are so consistent....I remember when someone on the board introducted a plastic bag that when you applied a blow dryer to it, it was like it shrinkwrapped your head. The concept was maximizing heat retention when DCing. You said "How much???, No thanks, I'll go to Michaels and buy the shrink wrap paper that they have for pennies on the dollar.

And you know what I did it too and it WORKS!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

That's a great idea. I'mma try shrink wrap, too! :yep:

MissMeWithThatIsh

Used the comb to detangle dry hair and it was okay.

Used it while hair was wet in the shower and liked it a lot

Used it to distribute conditioner after my hair was wet and it was really good ... it was also great as I was rinsing my hair post-DC...

The comb does not feel heavy at all and I really enjoyed using it. I will use it a few more times as well.

la mosca

Ok, I'm late to this party, but I really shouldn't be here at all LOL. But what can I say--I'm a PJ and I'm not sorry. . . :lachen:

I just ordered this comb from Ouidad. I'm willing to try almost anything that makes dealing with tangles easier.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I got my Ouidad comb today and I cannot wait to try it out...just have to get this jog in first.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I really want to try this comb, but refuse to spend 24 dollars, then after taxes about 27, 28 dollars for just a comb. I can sack up on some serious DCs with that kind of money. I'm waiting for the knock-off. From what it looks like, the comb is good if you want volume, or doing a light detangling session. But for me when I'm stretching I need to make sure all my shedding hair is gone. I usually go about 4 to 6 days without combing my hair and when I do comb it I want to make sure all my shed hair is gone, and from the yt videos I seen it doesn't look like it does that completely.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I really want to try this comb, but refuse to spend 24 dollars, then after taxes about 27, 28 dollars for just a comb. I can sack up on some serious DCs with that kind of money. I'm waiting for the knock-off. From what it looks like, the comb is good if you want volume, or doing a light detangling session. But for me when I'm stretching I need to make sure all my shedding hair is gone. I usually go about 4 to 6 days without combing my hair and when I do comb it I want to make sure all my shed hair is gone, and from the yt videos I seen it doesn't look like it does that completely.

Look at it as an investment. I mean, we all have our price points, but it would have to be a REALLY good knockoff. This comb has no "seams" and did not rip my hair. My hair is highly textured, as I haven't done a really good BKT in a while (I did one last week but it didn't really take)... and this comb did really good. I think I do prefer it over my Denman (which I still love) and I just kept combing and combing and combing...

We can spend $25- $30 on the latest T-shirt or miracle conditioner, but a comb like this will last. Then again, if it's not for you, then it's not for you. LOL

empressri

It's a darn good detangler on dry hair. Last two washes I didn't have to do much detangling afterwards, plus it helped get rid of a lot of shed hair. I just finished using it and it didn't tug or catch on my hair once.

Last edited:

empressri

So are you saying that you likey or no likey?

lol!!! i sowwee, i forgot to add "good" to darn good lol. i LOVEY!! i did another video using it on wet hair with conditioner. man oh man i had some tangles today! that thing saved my life cause my wrist was starting to hurt with the little comb