OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

I am on the fence with this. I have about 2 to 3 inches of natural hair and it does just fine, but that dangone relaxed bits are not liking it.

It could be b/c I have so many splits and weakened hair, it just flows out but it did that even when I used the shower comb. I will try for a few more days to see if I can get it to work for me. Up the protein treatments for me.

Although I BKT'd my hair this weekend. That comb (man o' man.)

I actually have a ponytail laying flat on my head:lachen:Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

I even find myself combing my hair every day. :look:

I really like this comb.

I give it a thumbs up. I definitely saved more strands using this comb. I don't understand why people are having problems using it because of the weight. Maybe I'm really strong or something because I have had no problems with my hands/arms tiring out using it and I also have issues with carpal tunnel from time to time. It works very well and I feel like I'm shedding more and my hair feels somewhat fragile these days and this comb has really helped me keep it detangled with no breakage. I only see about 3 strands in the comb when I'm finished.

this comb can injure a small child...besides from that down side i love this bad boy its my favorite it was expensive as hell but hey its an investment im happy i made!

I'm so excited to try this. I was in the Sephora store last week but decided to hold of until I come back, I was in there only for skincare. I'm hoping this will help with these horrible tangles I get.

I detangled with this comb (with a VERY amazing conditioner) and I like the results. I'm not sure what I would attribute the detangling to but it wasn't that bad.

Can anyone explain the "technology" behind this comb?

I detangled with this comb (with a VERY amazing conditioner) and I like the results. I'm not sure what I would attribute the detangling to but it wasn't that bad.

Can anyone explain the "technology" behind this comb?

What was the "VERY amazing conditioner" you used?

I'm still interested in this comb .. I'll probably get it from Sephora b/c of their wonderful return policy :yep:

Thanks aqua.

Nappyrina, I used Aubrey's, the conditioner alone does wonder but I also sit under the steamer.

I asked about the technology of the comb because I thought that the teeth of the comb were not parallel, but now I;m just thinking this is just one huge, heavy comb.

No answers? anyone?

Thanks aqua.

Nappyrina, I used Aubrey's, the conditioner alone does wonder but I also sit under the steamer.

I asked about the technology of the comb because I thought that the teeth of the comb were not parallel, but now I;m just thinking this is just one huge, heavy comb.

No answers? anyone?

this youtube link that someone posted earlier talks about the technology of the comb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKOFK1acOc

I saw this in Sephora but I left it there because it's so big and I only have about 3 inches of natural hair (unstretched. When I stretch or straighten it, it's about 5.5 to 6 inches). I didn't know if it would be worth it for me.

Just weighing in on this comb. Bought it yesterday after reading the reviews here....LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. IT!!!!

Glided through my APL 3C natural hair like buttah! I'm in the juice challenge so I had curl activator in my hair as well as conditioner and it was awesome. There were about 3 strands in the combs and I have been shedding like CRAZY so that in itself was amazing.

I've already put it on blast to my natural haired family and friends! A big TWO thumbs up for me.

Since I rarely go to the salon, $24 wasn't that expensive to me considering what I save on hair upkeep compared to most people I know.

Also I'm a fitness instructor so it ain't hardly heavy to me!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
LOL, yeah the comb wasn't "that" heavy! With all this hair I am used to holding my arms up for a long time...

I'm going to check out that YT vid.

The vid was very helpful. I am going to keep it. Like I said, I did use my "magic" conditioner but I did notice that the comb still slid through my knots with ease. I can appreciate that.

I wonder about their other products for natural 4b-ish hair.

i was reading my new instyle (may 2010) the double detangler is featured as one of the best beauty buys and they also have a 20% discount on it via instyle.com. i checked out the website and its not listed yet but the discounts on the comb and other "editors picks" runs from april 23rd until may 21st

I hate when there are discounts on stuff I recently bought. :(

I bought mine a month ago (a little over, I think), and I've used it every single time I've cowashed or deep conditioned and I am still completely 100% pleased with it! I don't get why people have issues with the weight either. It's really not that heavy.......and I'm pretty weak and even my hands/arms/wrists/etc. do not tire. It's definitely worth the buy. One of these days I'm going to try out the Ouidad hair products too. Next time Sephora has a sale, me thinks.

I henna'd overnight and rinsed out this morning and used my Ouidad - pure heaven! Just the teeniest amount of hair in the comb - probably 10 strands, all long.

I would have paid $48! It is sooooooo worth it! :bdance:

i was reading my new instyle (may 2010) the double detangler is featured as one of the best beauty buys and they also have a 20% discount on it via instyle.com. i checked out the website and its not listed yet but the discounts on the comb and other "editors picks" runs from april 23rd until may 21st
Thanks! :yep:

is the 20% discount only for the comb or is that included in the shipping too? i have a feeling thats a dumb question :look: but w.e. cause i mean if it isn't including the shipping..wouldn't it be cheaper to go to sephora?

I got this comb from Sephora & got to use it Sunday & I agree with everyone else, its a great comb. I lost a minimum amount of hair detangling & combing my coils wasn't an issue at all.

Used this comb for the first time after nearly 2 weeks of cowashing and only finger detangling. Loved it---made what I thought was going to be a daunting task very manageable. It is heavier than what I expected, but nothing I can't get used to.

is the 20% discount only for the comb or is that included in the shipping too? i have a feeling thats a dumb question :look: but w.e. cause i mean if it isn't including the shipping..wouldn't it be cheaper to go to sephora?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to go to Sephora instead of using the online discount.

You PJs you!!! I just bought that comb today from Sephora! You know, the bad thing is that I am currently in kinky twists and I don't plan on taking them out till the end of May (hopefully). What in the world does that say about me?!

I heart this comb. I took my 10 week old weave down this past weekend and used it to detangle. I started out with my usual combs wide tooth, less wide tooth and then denman. With this comb I didn't need to do all the extra passes. It took me less time and I didn't loose that much hair outside of shed hair.

I will say I did not flick my wrist like I was using a regular comb, but more like I was using a flat iron (if that make any sense) and that helped a lot as well.

Oh My Gosh, this comb is the business and I am so glad I got it. You dont know what you are missing out on until you use it. I use to fight tangles often. I have used this 3 times and it glides right through my hair! Perfect!! Love Love Love this comb.

Back