I Need A Good Clarifying Shampoo

Kimiche

I know that I need to add this to my regimen at least once a month. So what do you ladies recommend? My hair can't afford one that dries the hair out. :nono: I was looking into ORS and Nexxus Aloe Rid. I would try Suave Clarifying Poo, but I don't know if the cheapies really agree with my hair.

Thanks.

Ronnieaj

I've only used the ORS one, and I really like it. I'm natural and typically avoid clarifying shampoos like the plague, but that one didn't dry my hair out at all. I felt like I didn't need to follow with a moisturizing poo (but I did anyway :look:). And it's pretty affordable at $6-7.

Kimiche

Thanks, I will be going to Rite Aid today and figured that I might as well get one to step my regimen up.

BronxMyth

I had Nexxus Aloe Rid and it stripped my hair so much, it felt like straw. My hair was matted and dry. Just wasn't worth it, for me. So after some LHCF searching, I tried ACV and BS (apple cider vinegar and baking soda). It gets rid of my build-up and leaves my hair soft and shiny.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Like Avalon Organic Lemon, Shea Butter and Babbasu Oil Clarifying Shampoo. It's about $8.00. It's a Really, really good clarifying Shampoo and it doesn't "strip" at all.:yep: It's a Good Product.

You can find it at any Health Food Store, Vitamin Shop, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's etc.. I liked it so well, I ended up buying the Clarifying Conditioner too.:spinning:

I also like the AO Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo too.:yep:

knt1229

I use Nexxus Aloe Rid. It works great for me. My hair isn't stripped or dry. It was soft, had body and any products I added after that took very well. For me the Aloe Rid was very gentle and still got the job done.

Kimiche

Thanks ladies. This will definitely be trial and error because I know that what works for some will not work for others. I am having 2nd thoughts about Nexxus because I tried the Humectress and :nono:.

Mum2L

I just used the Nexxus Aloe Rid and my hair felt great. Plus I got it from Big Lots for $4!

BrooklynSouth

NEXXUS ALOE RID, works well...doesn't strip my hair..gives a clean scalp and strands. I always follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner anytime I clarify. I'm sure I'll be clarifying after my week long joy ride with S-CURL.

Kimiche

NEXXUS ALOE RID, works well...doesn't strip my hair..gives a clean scalp and strands. I always follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner anytime I clarify. I'm sure I'll be clarifying after my week long joy ride with S-CURL.

This is hard lol. Speaking of S-Curl, I think I may have to revisit this sometime and give it another chance. Since I don't clarify, I probably wrongly dismissed a lot of products. I've learned that I need to clarify and remove build up before I try something.

aziza

I use Kenra Clarifying poo and Nexxus Aloe Rid. I like Kenra better. I find it to be more gentle.

Geminigirl

I was wondering if VO5 was like a gentle cleanser. Not too stripping ya know? I was wondering what the point of Clarifying condish? I stay away from poos except if my hair starts to feel too dirty or if it's been awhile since a poo. I was trying to be a Curly Girl but I don't think co washing cleanes my hair ALL the way.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
ooh girl you are smart to stay away from the Suave clarifying shampoo because it does dry your hair out. i use it and it get my hair really clean but i have to dc afterwards or i will have one big dread lol.

Kimiche

I use Kenra Clarifying poo and Nexxus Aloe Rid. I like Kenra better. I find it to be more gentle.

I wanted to try this one because I do remember hearing good things about this. :yep:

ooh girl you are smart to stay away from the Suave clarifying shampoo because it does dry your hair out. i use it and it get my hair really clean but i have to dc afterwards or i will have one big dread lol.

I will definitely stay away from it, I already know that my hair would act a fool.

Thanks again to all of you ladies for your suggestions
. :grin:

darlingdiva

you can always try a cheap bottle of VO5. anykind it works good for me

ITA with this. That V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze works great!!! It clarifies the hair w/out stripping it. Plus, it's only $1.19 at the dollar store--it doesn't get any better than that!!!