Need a gentle but inexpencive clarifying shampoo

Researching

Hi ladies,

Can anyone recommend a gentle, but inexpencieve clarifying shampoo. I'm a newbie and have broken my bank already. I'm scared to look at my reciepts to see how much I've spent, but I still need a clarifying shampoo and for some reason I keep thinking that the more money I spend the better the product. When I bought the ORS replenishing conditioner I learned that this is not necessarily true. You just have to know what's out there. So if anyone can suggest a clarifying shampoo that doesn't stip the hair too badly and won't cost be $20 for 16 oz. I'd appreciate it!:yep:

L.Brown1114

honestly, just use conditioner and baking soda and let it sit in your hair for a few hours with a plastic cap. its cheap cuz u already got the condish and baking soda costs like 98 cents

KinkyGenius

There's a clarifying conditioner by V05. I can't remember the name of it because I don't use it, but I've seen good reviews on it. V05 products are usually pretty inexpensive but effective.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'd look in your local Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or Local Health Food Store for Avalon Organics Lemon, Babbasu Oil and Shea Clarifying Shampoo or Clarifying Conditioner for about $8.50 -$10.00.

You also have AO Green Tea Clarifier which can also be found there.

Alot of Ladies have good experience with V05 Clarifying 'Poo (I have never tried any of the VO5 Clarifying products) may pick up one or two after I use what I currently have in my Stash.

*The Main Thing regardless of what you settle on, is to put that Moisture Back into your Hair.*:yep:

lilsparkle825

VO5 clarifying conditioners, Suave clarifying shampoo and ACV will all run you between 1 and 2 bucks. Take your pick.

I also have ORS Creamy Aloe, I think it's around 5 bucks.

julzinha

I heard Elucence Volume Clarifying is a good one and a liter is 12 dollars from curlmart.com

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I use the Aveda detoxifying shampoo because it's sulfates free, but since that's discontinued you can try buying the Suave Clarifying conditioner and just add banking soda.

Researching

Thanks ladies. A little nervouse about baking soda. Seems like it will make my hair super hard. Maybe I'll try adding to my Suave Cowash conditioner. How Much Should I Add??? I have APL length hair that's super thick.

loolalooh

Cosign on the V05. They also have Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying. $1.09 at my local Kroger. Usually $0.99 at CVS.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Thanks ladies. A little nervouse about baking soda. Seems like it will make my hair super hard. Maybe I'll try adding to my Suave Cowash conditioner. How Much Should I Add??? I have APL length hair that's super thick.

No need to be scared, I use this every 2 weeks like clock work and my hair is never hard just super clean. I use this for my daughter as well because she has seborhic dermatisis and this works wonders. I was using a low-poo shampoo but even that was irritating my scalp even up to 2 1/2 months after my TU. I also started using this to cut costs.

The recipe I use is 1 TBSP BS to 1 Cup of WARM water (this helps the BS dissolve) ( I use 2 cups total for my relaxed NL hair and 3-4 cups total for my daughter natural 4a4b APL hair)
Because of your hair density and thickness you my have to try a few times to find what amount works best for you with minimal waste. Keep the BS to water ratio the same as what I have posted so more or else your hair will get dry.

Put the ends of your hair in the receptacle first for a few seconds then put the rest over your head for the rest of your hair and let it sit on your for 5 min. Once the five min are up run your hands down your hair down the length of your hair to assist in the cleansing process. Then rinse, as you are rinsing, run your hands down your hair to further remove any more product you have on your hair. There is no need to move your hair all around like you are shampooing. If you have alot of oils in your hair for what ever reason you will see some suds.

If you are stilled scared the Shampoo with a dash of BS will also do the trick.

Last edited: