Got my Shima Oil yesterday...Tried it...Nice...

Chevelure618

Well I was so curious I couldn't resist. I tried the Shima Oil and it is a nice oil....creates beautiful sheen and has a nice Ginseng scent.

Please I don't mean this post to start some big controversy...I hate when we can't support black business. As a black business owner myself I support them and the efforts it takes to succeed, profit and contribute to the empowerment of black people. I tried the oil....nobody else has to, and I may never buy it again...let's see how my hair does.

I have a dental practice and believe me there are black people who have attacked me with all kinds of assaults...personal and professional and of course these things aren't true....I think there is an element of jealousy there and an impression that if you are in business that you are making a mountain of money so you immediately have to be lying or dishonest or something. Simply not true.

Nice Oil.

kami11213

Happy you liked it, I agree w/ you about supporting black businesses...The only reason why I wouldn't by it is b/c I can make it in my kitchen :yep:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
We all love to support black business. However, Shima's business has been created on lies.

CHECKMATE!

Well I was so curious I couldn't resist. I tried the Shima Oil and it is a nice oil....creates beautiful sheen and has a nice Ginseng scent.

Please I don't mean this post to start some big controversy...I hate when we can't support black business. As a black business owner myself I support them and the efforts it takes to succeed, profit and contribute to the empowerment of black people. I tried the oil....nobody else has to, and I may never buy it again...let's see how my hair does.

I have a dental practice and believe me there are black people who have attacked me with all kinds of assaults...personal and professional and of course these things aren't true....I think there is an element of jealousy there and an impression that if you are in business that you are making a mountain of money so you immediately have to be lying or dishonest or something. Simply not true.

Nice Oil.

ITA :yep: Although I have my own oil, I will definitely support her,I am always elated to see young entrepreneurs striving for success,thats how Carols Daughter was started with the support of her "community" first ...if "we" don't, who will? :yep: I digress.

Last edited:

LushLox

We all love to support black business. However, Shima's business has been created on lies.

That's my only problem with it.

I LOVE to help out sisters with their business ventures, but this chic has not gone about things correctly. She has therefore eroded any initial interest I would have had in buying her product. :nono:

I hope you enjoy the oil though OP.

TaurusAngel

Thanks for you post OP. I do agree with what you are saying. Shima did lie, but her products are probably not half bad. :)

*Frisky*

Are you hoping to achieve growth with the oil or are you using it just for moisturizing purposes?

ETA: I wonder if Sistaslick gave her permission to use one of her pictures in one of her videos...

Last edited:

yuriko

Thanks for you post OP. I do agree with what you are saying. Shima did lie, but her products are probably not half bad. :)

I am curious, did she lie about the ingredients of the oil; if not what did she lie about. If it is cheap and the OP's hair does well with it, I might try it.

ETA: if it is some controversy that should not be mentioned here, please PM me, thank you

yvette

Nice Oil.

Hell, it's your money. If you wanna spend it on her products that is your business. I would be anxious to hear back from you about the results that you get with this oil.

SweetCaramel1

i do agree about the jealousy thing, not shima specifically, but other aspects within my own personal life.

i don't know how to feel about shima. i don't use much oil in my own hair. if i did i would probably try it.

Blaque*Angel

let us know how it goes OP

I'm all about supporting black businesses too :yep:

Shima did not lie about her oil.
she used fake testimonials, some were real but without permission from LHCF members I personally feel she has served her "time" now...

some people need to breathe, forgive and move on...

TaurusAngel

I am curious, did she lie about the ingredients of the oil; if not what did she lie about. If it is cheap and the OP's hair does well with it, I might try it.

ETA: if it is some controversy that should not be mentioned here, please PM me, thank you
She basically used fake testimonials about her products and took some product reviews off here and used it for hers. I got that from what I searched on here.

ETA: Just because a member posts about something doesn't mean they are promoting it or they are the owner of said product. I doubt Shima would even come back here after she got called out.

Last edited:

kandake

I know you didn't want this to turn into a debate. But hey, this is LHCF and it wouldn't be right otherwise.

So, LHCF doesn't mind supporting small businesses. We have a few members who sell stuff and many of us are using their products. Personally, I have purchased Hairveda and Bee Mine products.

The thing with Shima, for me, is that she seems... how can put this... Basically Shima is crazy. She's weird. Those YouTube videos are questionable. And I'm not talking about the hair. Its the personality. This chick is not wrapped too tight. Simple as that.

Last edited:

LushLox

I'm of the view that if you're confident in the product you're selling you shouldn't need to make 'fake testimonials,' in the first instance. Maybe it was merely a case of poor judgement, but unfortunately mud sticks...

Platinum

All I want to know is will that oil make you go from SL to WL in the 10 months like she claims.:giggle:

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I really don't like how Shima lying about LHCF testimonials for her products and then coming back here to argue and defend her lying has turned into 'a lack of support for black business'.

I do not begrudge anyone who wants to buy her products. Knock yourself out, but I don't think it's appropriate to try and rewrite history when it comes to the stunt ole girl pulled.

Glad it worked out for you! It looks like a good oil. :yep:

I definitely support black businesses, and will continue to buy from black women who are trying to promote their products through the internet. I'll pass on this, because I can find similar for cheaper.

Keep us updated!

ceebee3

I might try her oil. However, I think it's ridiculous that anyone would believe that any oil promotes growth.

If I do purchase, it will be for the same purpose as my other oils as a sealant.