Spring/Summer '09 Cowashing Challenge

Eisani

Today is the first official day of our challenge. :woot::clap:

To reiterate, the dates are from March 20th thru September 21st. I have requested the original thread be locked to avoid confusion :grin:

**You do not have to change your regimen or routine in any way. If you shampoo once a week, that is still fine and actually a good idea if you're prone to buildup. :yep:

**You can still cowash while in braids or weave, just be sure you're rinsing thoroughly.

Okay, here is a list of the participants:

Eisani
myxdchiik
SlantedEyezMiss2003
Kriolagirl
Chebaby
Honey-Dip
Miss_monae
trendsetta25
Shay72
Aggie
msMicaela
TrueQueen06
ChameleonChick
Lynnery
TexturedTresses
Bttrfly70
Toy
Naturefreegirl
Countrychickd
LunadeMiel
danigurl18
Determined22
Joanna721
Nice_Lady
Sharentu
JJamiah
Rosie8604
**Sassy**
Platinum
JuniePie
Kitten45
Poochie167
Keen
Charzboss
Mini_mimi
Sammy214
1969inthesunshine
Tyra
vslady
Checkmate!
Thaidreams
baby42
pinkchocolatedaisy
betteron2day
morehairplease
Simply_Kelz
addaboutmyhair
Prettylonghair
Je_Ne-Sais_Quoi
Soulie
mtmorg
cch24
lilsparkle825
nitavcc
SouthernStunner
Optimus_Prime
lawyer2be371
hairbrat_danni
RockCreak
2inspireU
Shana'
CocoSlim83
Butterfly08
ButterCaramel
naturalpride
SelfStyled
Mummysgirl
MCrzyGr
Ivy_Santolina
AmbyC92
Dapper
lacreolegurl
runrunrunner
CICI24
Amelia456
KarmelQT_2008
cherryhair123
cutiebe2
jreagins
qt_pie
~NanCeBoTwin~
Starronda
exubah
kimmy89
kels823
GeorgiaGurl
Closeout
shelly25
Summer79
evsbaby
Moniquenuss
MzPrince
AngelDoll
mscocoface
belledomnik
123ACTION
Manushka
Giggletush
janaq2003
sd_mylfd
daydreem2876
DaDragonPrincess
SouthernBeauty
JD2'd
carmeleyes81
AtlantaJJ
Sammy214
maddywoo13
Jaxhair
brebre928

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
^^So scary I cowashed with Aussie Moist this morning and at this moment I am airdrying in a bun right now.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I cowashed this morning with V05 passion fruit with soy milk protein, I'm dc'ing right now with KeraCare Humecto, then I'm going to roller set.

MzPrince

I ended up cowashing this morning with Hair One Olive and Giovanni direct leave-in and bunning.

Closeout

I will be cowashing on Wednesday, I am not sure what conditioner I will be using(havent purchased one yet....

JJamiah

Actually today is my wash day; I washed with nexxus therappe, Ahogee 2 minute and silk elements conditioner, I co-wash on tuesday! I am happy to say though, that through co-washing- it reversed the breakage from MT. I will update Tuesday when I co-Wash!

Keen

Deep cowashing right now :look: . Well I didn't shampoo even though I will add heat, I think that still qualify as cowash.

brebre928

I bought some Herbal Essences Hydralicious Conditioner lastnight and I can't wait to use it.

Last edited:

Eisani

I bout some Herbal Essences Hydralicious Conditioner lastnight and I can't wait to use it.
Report back on how you like it. I haven't seen or heard a whole lot of reviews on this.\

ETA: No you did NOT take down the cute puppy for that yearbook pic :lachen: I did some of those and they were hilarious! JJ Fadd, all day.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I guess great minds think alike or try to save the Hairveda :look:.

:grin: ! I am trying to expand my horizons when it comes to products. I was starting to get bored with taking care of my hair which was scary to me. I knew if I started buying more and trying new things that would keep me interested.

Eisani

:grin: ! I am trying to expand my horizons when it comes to products. I was starting to get bored with taking care of my hair which was scary to me. I knew if I started buying more and trying new things that would keep me interested.
I haven't gotten bored so much as just settled in my ways. Yea I buy lots of products (I've actually done quite well this month and only bought a few things), but I just don't mess with my hair much. A lil lazy, but not really. Just doing what's required and nothing extra...

Chameleonchick

Yay! I have been waiting for you to start this! Girl I have a whole bunch of bottles of cowash type conditioners. All the cheap ones are going first. I'll be back tonight after I cowash.

redecouvert

unfortunately i have to leave the challenge as my hair becomes more prone to tangles with the co-wash routine :(

Eisani

i cowashed this morning with AO Island Naturals. my hair is in a bun.
I cowashed with this the other day then used it as a leave in on soaking wet hair and applied a quarter size amount of JessiCurl Rockin Ringlets for a wash n go. My hair was so well defined and soft! I think I love that combo.

MA2010

Hey ladies,

I co-washed yesterday with Aussie Moist overnight. Love the results. Soft, supple hair!

Dposh167

i cowashed the other day with millcreek biotin conditioner. My leave-in was giovanni direct. I will prob. Be using more protein related conditioners for this challenge.

sharentu

I cowashed with this the other day then used it as a leave in on soaking wet hair and applied a quarter size amount of JessiCurl Rockin Ringlets for a wash n go. My hair was so well defined and soft! I think I love that combo.

i am going to have to check out JessiCurl's products. I used giovanni leave in afterwards.

youwillrise

dont know if i mentioned it
but i'm bumping my conditionings up to twice a week
instead of once like i originally said

sundays and tuesdays
cleanse and dc day on fridays as usual

Nayna

Unbothered
I got my hair straightened on Monday so I'll probably wash it out on Sunday cus once I go back to school and my dance class this hair won't last and I'll be looking like a madwoman, lol. I was looking at someone's post where they said they just squeeze the conditioner out but they don't rinse it out after a co-wash, do any of u try this?

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Yay! I decided I'm gonna co-wash 2x weekly...and if I cant manage that at least once.
My conditioners are gonna be:
V05 Strawberries & Cream
Suave Coconut
Herbal Essences LTR

I'm gonna air dry with every co-wash! YAY to this challenge.

cch24

i'm transitioning, and cowashing every night. i just started two weeks ago (i'm 23 weeks post) and i have a three day rotation.

day 1- aubrey organics gpb
day 2- deep condition and cowash
day 3- cowash with aussie moist

i damp bun after using healthy hair butter to moisturize and coconut oil to seal.