cowashing daily?

Whats the verdict on daily cowashing?

• Total voters

Black Hoya Chick

is it too much? are ya'll out there?

I am obsessed with cowashing. right now its an every other day thing but i could do it daily if i wanted to...

so...how do you all feel?

Denise11

There are some people here who do, but I think you should be careful with the everyday cowashes. There is such a thing as over conditioning your hair. It can become brittle and dry and start breaking. I hear of a lot of people that says they are doing everything right by their hair is still breaking. I just wonder if they condition too much. That could be it.

joytimes10

is it too much? are ya'll out there?

I am obsessed with cowashing. right now its an every other day thing but i could do it daily if i wanted to...

so...how do you all feel?

I can see how this would help. I would co-wash more often if not for the winter temps and I have no time to dry. But with your transitioning, I understand. Right now I love my hair most when it's freshily co-washed too.

I didn't vote but I cowash 2x per week if the temps are not too cold.

Dommo

I voted..Do it!! When I wear wash'n'go's mainly when im on vacation, i co-wash everyday and my hair benefits so much from it.

jreagins

YES ME!!!! I do it every single day in the summer. Since the temps have dropped I dont do it at all (I hate being cold). Make sure to rotate a light protien and moisture conditioner and you should be fine. I believe this saved me from dry hair during the summer, and by the end of the summer I had excellent growth.:grin: This summer I will use Aussie moist, Vo5 Strawberries and Champagne, and Joico K-Pak, enjoy!

araceli2418

I love daily cowashes and was doing it for awhile but now that it's winter I had to cut back to 2x a week. I wasn't having any problems, per se, but this winter has been really hard on my skin with dryness. So as a precaution in the hair department, I cut back, if that makes any sense.

ReeseCup

I used to co wash daily... I just do it every other day now. But it is sooooo hard not puttin some water on my hair everyday. But I'm learning about the balance between protein and moisture, and it makes a BIG difference. I LOOOOOOOOVE GVP Conditioning Balm!!! That's the ish right there! I cant wait to DC cause of this!!

LunadeMiel

I've been doing twice a day since I started bunning (I used gel). I just hate leaving gel in my hair overnight.

Simply_Kelz

I do it daily! I've strayed a few times, started rollersetting, bunning regularly, etc. but I came back before my hair LOVES it.

Winter vs. Summer doesn't make a difference to me, because I do it at night, early enough so that it's dry the next morning.

curlygirl8

I usually shampoo and condition my hair and then 4 to 5 day laters I just condition my hair. And I just switch back and forth between the two.

Last edited:

MCMLXXII

Daily co-washer here! I have to...my hair flattens when I sleep and this is the only way to re-shape it. I perform my daily co-washes with Aussie Moist, following with aloe vera gel and castor oil.

I do DC's on the weekend with Joico and some other goodness.

vlucious

i co wash my hair twice a day.. my hair has thanked me for it! i balance it out with protein treatments when i need to.

Kysmet

Good question. I'm trying to figure out if daily or multiple times a week cowashing is a good idea too.

nappy85

I co-wash daily even when it's cold (I co-wash at night when it's cold). My hair seems to thrive when I co-wash often.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I cowashed everyday for a nice little minute last year. I absolutely loved it. But, of course, sometimes I just got tired of doing it or didn't feel like getting my hair wet. I highly recommend it though. I retained 98% of growth by this and protective styling combined. I try to do it every other day now b/c that is just more realistic for me.

JJamiah

I will do it once a week during the cold months along with my regular shampoo; and 2 times in the hotter months (maybe 3) with my regular shampoo once a week

natural2be

I am a newbie to co-washing so as of now I do it only 1-2x a week. I am sure I would do it more often if it wasn't so cold out. I will say my hair does look great after I do the co-wash. I guess it all depends on how your hair reacts to it. If it works for you to do it more often, go for it.

blessedandlucky

i'm in the minority. washing of any kind daily is too much manipulation for my hair plus i just don't have the time..it works for some, just not for me.

Globeleza

I am relaxed and I co-wash my hair every 2-3 days. I don't comb it out with every co-wash though. I will comb it out maybe once a week because I have fine, thin strands that tend to be very fragile when wet. I think co-washing every day for me would be too much manipulation.

Renewed1

I started co-washing my hair daily or at the very least 5 times a week. My hair loves it!

I also make sure that I at least DC my hair twice a week.

kjeneen

YES ME!!!! I do it every single day in the summer. Since the temps have dropped I dont do it at all (I hate being cold). Make sure to rotate a light protien and moisture conditioner and you should be fine. I believe this saved me from dry hair during the summer, and by the end of the summer I had excellent growth.:grin: This summer I will use Aussie moist, Vo5 Strawberries and Champagne, and Joico K-Pak, enjoy!

jreagins, is Vo5 and Joico Pak your light proteins? I ask because I had to stop co-washing every day because all I knew were moisturizing condish and suffered moisture overload:nono:

jreagins

jreagins, is Vo5 and Joico Pak your light proteins? I ask because I had to stop co-washing every day because all I knew were moisturizing condish and suffered moisture overload:nono:

I've changed my mind about the k-pak... I've decided to just use protien treatments on my DC days to not overload on moisture. But I think the k-pak would be good for rotation since u should only leave it in for 5 minutes. And for the v05 I use the moisture milks line, I don't * think* there's protien in there.

Diam0ndiva

be smart.. i co wash every time i shower.. but i deep co with a protein conditioner and for every other day i use a moisturizing conditioner. my hair is so happy..lol.. im a 4a/b with a textlax so it works great for me i just make sure i keep up with a balance of moisture and protein

lowridin76

I don't do it everyday because I don't feel as if I need to everyday. I cowash whenever my hair starts feeling dry, and like it needs more moisture.