silk/satin scarves - where to buy?

SVT

I've had my sacrf forever but it's starting to disentegrate. :crazy:

I'd like to replace it with a large, square-shaped, quality scarf. The ones I've seen are too small and/or the material isn't soft enough.

Any suggestions? Are the head coverings Muslimahs wear made of satin and silk? I don't mind purchasing online. I realllllly need a new scarf.

supermodelsonya

If you live near a fabric store, buy a yard or two of it and make a few...for yourself...for those friends/family that are growing hair...etc....

LivingDol1

i buy head scarves at walgreens, CVS, duane reade... or Ricky's, if you have one of those in your area. fairly easy to find, i think.

Anashja

I need a really LARGE one as I like the wrap loose the first time and a little tighter the second time around...

lollyoo

Just a piece of advice OP.
Try and look for silk material, particularly Charmeuse silk superior to all those satin ones.
I prefer pillows by the ways as scalves dont stay on me. I recently bought a charmeuse silk pillowcase although expensive well worth the price, I have binned all my satin pillowcases.
I just bought fabric of charmeuse silk on ebay from a chinese ebayer tonight, think this is the cheapest way to go about the charmeuse silk. Fabric was half price the pillow case.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Tenderheaded.com is great. From now on though Im going to buy from the breast cancer site. I paid 16 for a scarf at Marshall's. My money could have gone to a better cause.

This looks really nice. Thanks for posting. Its a bit steep but the design seems so effective.

It is...it doesn't fall off at all, except when I have a fresh relaxer cause my hair is so smooth it slips off but I just tie it really tight. LOL also you can go out with it without look all bummy. :wink2: