ANYONE THINKING OF LOCING HERE?

alma

JUST CURIOUS

ANY NATURAL LADIES ON THIS FORUM WHO HAVE OR ARE THINKING OF LOCING?

I've just completed 2 years and 4 months (end of November) of locing, and its been amazing, my hair has grown like never before.

See -ABOUT ME link at the bottom

Loving it!

alma

and I just wanted to post this great site for anyone who has natural hair to look at, check out the forum there for great ideas... nappturality.com

ChocolateCutee

I am newly napptural so I don't want to lock my hair just yet. I hope to lock my hair one day when I'm a bit older. I think maybe in my late thirties. I like locks but at this time I think they are too permanent for me now

Nonie

Alma, your hair is da bomb. And I say you oughta write a book coz I love how you started your locs. I toy with the idea myself and you're the guru I'd come to for guidance if I did decide to loc. But like CC, I'm not quite ready to yet. I'm enjoying my hair as it is right now.

soslychic

This is the exact question I was about to post. Ya beat me to it

I'm not thinking of doing it myself, but I was interesting if anyone is...alma, your journal's amazing.

Ipanema

I started locs sometime last summer, but took them apart because my scalp wasn't getting as clean as I liked. It has a tendency to flake, and I often need a brush to rid it of build-up. Also, when I had started taking them down, what I thought was a bud turned out to be a hard ball of lint. I just couldn't do it. I did enjoy the extra free time, though.

Daughter

UK Blak
I haven't ruled it out, I'm loving my natural hair right now as well... my brother has had locks for years, they're past his knees! One day... we'll see...

NubianAngel

There is a girl at my school who just started locking, and it looks absolutely radiant on her. It's not for me just yet, but for the first time I began to think about it *hmmm*

Madison

Alma, your hair is beautiful

This month will make 1 yr since I cut my locs. Boy do I regret doing so
I think I will loc my hair again next summer

HotCoCoGurl130

I have considered it but then quickly changed my mind. I dont think that it would be right for me. I do love seeing ppl with nice, neat, clean locs. Maybe one day I will get the courage.

Ayeshia

i like locs on other people but not on me... particularly because i like all types of hair styles straight and curly and i cant even leave my braids in for 3 weeks without wanting to take them down.

bellydancer

Dreds are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute but I'm too fickle to do it. I like being able to straighten it one day, then wear my natural afro the next, or a short short wig. I'm going to put in some imitation locs though just because I want to try them out.

cherish

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm curious:

1) Before you began freeforming, how long did it take you to tighten up your locs, and how often did you do them?

2) How long does it take your hair to dry?

3) I noticed they are fairly thick and full. Are they easy to manipulate?

4) Do you miss your loose hair?

(btw, I'm a londoner too - born and bred).

alma

[ QUOTE ]
cherish said:
Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm curious:

1) Before you began freeforming, how long did it take you to tighten up your locs, and how often did you do them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi!
I tightened my locs once a month with the latch hook technique. I didn't want to do it to often or it might thin out the locs.

It used to take my locs a whole day to dry when I was daily rinsing -but water helps the locs to tighten, so it soon took about 1 hour 'till my locs were dry.

It was hard to get my thick locs to style up in the begininning because they had no length, but as they are getting longer, its getting easier to style.

I've always wanted locs and I had natural hair for 80% of my life so far, so I'm glad I finally took the step to loc up.

Nice to see another Londoner in this forum!

cherish

[ QUOTE ]
alma said:
[ QUOTE ]
cherish said:
Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm curious:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi!
I tightened my locs once a month with the latch hook technique. I didn't want to do it to often or it might thin out the locs.

It used to take my locs a whole day to dry when I was daily rinsing -but water helps the locs to tighten, so it soon took about 1 hour 'till my locs were dry.

It was hard to get my thick locs to style up in the begininning because they had no length, but as they are getting longer, its getting easier to style.

I've always wanted locs and I had natural hair for 80% of my life so far, so I'm glad I finally took the step to loc up.

Nice to see another Londoner in this forum!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info (and also the pm)

alma

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
I'm seriously, (very seriously), contemplating sister locs.

[/ QUOTE ]

go for it
They'll look gorgeous on ya and very easy to manage.

syoulee1

[ QUOTE ]
alma said:
Hello again!

March pics are now up on my locing journey.
Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your locs look great!