Thinking about Shaving my Head

DaughterOfZion1

I'm just not happy with where my hair is right not.

I have been natural for 4 years and only have 8-9 inches of hair. People in my life really admire it, but looking at all these head on LHCF I feel like its at the bottom of the totum pole. Im not happy with the thickness (first couple of yrs i abused it and its showing more now then ever) and the uneveness.

Im thinking of shaving it down to 1/2.

Anyone shave their head lately?

Any advice?

LongLeggedLife

Id stick with Real Life opinion, and not e-world!
But why dont you just trim it evenly and go from there?
You really wanna go another 4yrs just to get back where you are now, or you plan on keeping it short?

(short cuts are cute tho, Id probably go with something I could brush waves into:) )

Your Cheeziness

Everyone doesn't have thick hair, so don't compare your hair to anyone else's. My hair has been and forever will be - relaxed or natural - less dense around the hairline. There isn't anything I can do it about it. A nice shaping may help. You'll start off with healthy ends, a cute style, and can work on retaining growth from there.

Flawlis1

Don't do it!! Like another member said, you cannot compare your hair to anyone else's because it ain't all the same. Maybe get a simple trim to help the style look a little better, and just try and do your best to take care of it from there. The only time I would recommend you shave your head is for a movie role and you are getting paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$, otherwise no.

grnidmonster

I did it this weekend! I have been nursing my hair for far to long, had two weaves installed over the last six months to allow it to "rest" and when I took the last one out, I had it cut from unhealthy bsl to .5 inch in back and 1.5 on top and infront. I hate it but only slightly less than I hated my unhealthy hair. It will take me what will seem like forever to regrow but watever! I'm so frustrated and tired. Now I can also add bald. I think I look like a boy, Justin Bieber specifically.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i would only do for the sake of the style. as in, you truly WANT to rock that look. which is fierce by the way :yep:

if your hair is not thick now, it won't grow back any differently. my hair isn't thick, and it's doing all right.
if the unevenness is bothering you, then get a blunt cut.

winona

I have what I call "my preLHCF" hair. It is the hair been abused and neglected (thin/split/knotted). I am slowly nursing my hair back to health and slowly cutting the raggedy parts. Either way cut or slowly trim we support you:)

MsBizness

Hi, for some inspiration, I shaved my head Brittany Spears bald 1yr 2mos ago (went natural/4b and was almost BSL) and it's past shoulder length now. Hopefully BSL by Dec.

I keep it heavily moisturized and cornrowed under a wig at all times.. IF you cut, would suggest simply leaving it alone and letting it grow with minimal manipulation (wig, cornrows, etc).

Attachments

• LHCF 046.jpg
    LHCF 046.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Feb 5 2011(6).jpg
    Feb 5 2011(6).jpg
    392 KB · Views: 10