Difference b/w Shoulder length & Full shoulder length

amina kamal

What's the difference between shoulder length and full shoulder length. Can someone post a pic.... pretty please?

HoneyDew

I think this is full shoulder length. I will be very comfortable saying shoulder length when my hair is like this:

Here's another good one:

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I think some might consider these shoulder length, but I would not call this FULL shoulder length:

HoneyDew

Now that I look at her, the 3rd one may just be shoulder length. She is holding her head back anyway. I do like her length though. With that fullness it looks good.

amina kamal

Thanks honeydew, As always !!!

I would love to be at full shoulder length by Dec 31, but I don't know if I can make it.

amina kamal

Well, girl send out a memo! :lachen:

I agree with you, but I have seen plenty of ladies with those lengths claim shoulder length!![/quote]

Yes I've seen it too but didnt want to say anything. I just looked at the pics and was like :nono:

Thats why I was confused in the first place

Iluvsmuhgrass

The third pic does begin to touch the shoulders in the back..... I think they're neck length unless they're going by the longest layer (which starts to touch the shoulders.) Anyways.... I don't really pay much attention. I just root for muh sistas that are taking good care of their grass. :yep:

HoneyDew

:lachen: well i dont rain on their parade...if their hair is shoulder length then let it be shoulder length:look:

Oh no. I would not rain on anyone's parade either. But, let me put it out there NOW! : If I ask yall what length I am at PLEASE PLEASE keep it real with me. I am not trying to claim it and get my hopes up all high. Just give it to me straight. Even if most people are telling me one thing - if you think otherwise let me know - I'm begging you. :grin:

HoneyDew

You aint the only one.....Is there a full shoulder length in 08 challenge yet?:lachen:

Same here :look:

I remember when I first saw the 2nd picture last year sometime. I saved it on my computer because that is the shoulder length I want.

It ain't happening anytime soon with these layers I have going on. But that length is my 1st goal. It will be in 08 before I see anything even close to that.

Artemis

I remember when I first saw the 2nd picture last year sometime. I saved it on my computer because that is the shoulder length I want.

It ain't happening anytime soon with these layers I have going on. But that length is my 1st goal. It will be in 08 before I see anything even close to that.

Layers suck that way, don't they? When I do my hair all I can do is smh and say "Never again" :nono:

We should go ahead and boot up the "SL in 08" thread, hehe :drunk:

hopeful

HoneyDew, thanks for posting those pics, you are right on the money. Full shoulder length is so pretty.

gymfreak336

You know, if my hair was that long but was shiny and thick, I wouldn't even care. Yeah, it might be 2008 before my hair looks like that but its all good. I just can't keep going on my length journey if my hair health isn't at the optimal level. I am just going to lock my length goals in a mental box and keep them there until my hair health is where I need to be.

gymfreak336

You know, if my hair was that long but was shiny and thick, I wouldn't even care. Yeah, it might be 2008 before my hair looks like that but its all good. I just can't keep going on my length journey if my hair health isn't at the optimal level. I am just going to lock my length goals in a mental box and keep them there until my hair health is where I need to be.

cmw45

So am I neck length or shoulder length? I thought I was shoulder length but I'm basically the same as the pic.

Looking at you siggy photos...you're hair in it's natural state is neck length and flat ironed is what I (IMOHO) would call full shoulder length because all sides reach your shoulder.

Artemis

Same here!

Crysdon

Well, girl send out a memo! :lachen:

I agree with you, but I have seen plenty of ladies with those lengths claim shoulder length!!

Hahahahahahaha. It can't be worse than the pics of folks who have reached BSL and the bra strap is in line with their armpit. Let me stop.

HoneyDew

Hahahahahahaha. It can't be worse than the pics of folks who have reached BSL and the bra strap is in line with their armpit. Let me stop.

But you know what - I think that just proves that sometimes we get too caught up on length as a measure of progress. I used to get so discouraged trying to keep up. Now I just "work with what I got" (taken from Amina's avatar :grin:)