USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: SESSION 3

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^Thinking about trying it. I'm already getting their Aloe My Hair sample kit, the Califia pudding, and the Protein Strengthener. The protein is my staple treatment.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
How is the mask? Does it compare to SD Dcers? Lilmama1011

How are the bolded? The cowash and the PBN lotions? uofmpanther

Froreal3 - I'm not usually big on cowashes, but I love the As I Am one. It is both cleansing and moisturizing. Sometimes I do not even feel like I need a conditioner after using it.

I like both of the PBN lotions. I just tried using both of them as leave-ins, and they are not great for me for that purpose because they don't detangle very well, but I love them both as a daily moisturizer. I think I like the Sapote a little more than the Murumuru, but I'm going to do a 50/50 comparison this week to see for certain. My plan is to only restock one on Black Friday.

uofmpanther

I think I'm giving my Bee Mine hair milk to my sister. I have flakes, and my hair feels coated. I think it's the emulsifying wax, but I'm not sure

uofmpanther

I used up my Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner. This was the second time I tried it. Still don't like it. It doesn't have enough slip for me, and I don't like the smell.

I have enough Elucence for a quarter of my hair. This is just ok. The slip is better than the honey hemp, but I have a better detangling conditioner that is cheaper.

I also used up my Shea Moisture Restorative Elixir. I'm not going to repurchase for now because I don't really use straight oil like I used to, but I like it.

Ogoma

Used up HH Pink Grapefruit.

Will use up the last HH Soft Coconut Marshmallow today and have one use of the CJ Curl Rehab next week.

I bought some of the more expensive moisturizing conditioners I have loved to take a farewell hair tour :lol:. I will enjoy using them, but once they are done I will move over to the Desert Essence Conditioners permanently. Expensive moisturizing conditioners don't make any sense for me given my regimen now.

lamaria211

Giving away:
Elasta QP mango buttee leave in
Cantu Argan oil leave in
Carols daughter black vanilla leave in
Darcys Botanicals daily leave in
Ive tried all of these more than once and I just dont like them

faithVA

I've given away two boxes of stuff to some LHCF ladies and now starting a new one. But my girl tashboog sent me a sample box and now I have enough samples for a while. Eden Body Works also sent me samples to my surprise. And I haven't even begun to look at the Dax samples that I ordered. I am definitely in a holding pattern concerning buying any more hair products. When I do get back to buying I am going to try some Hairveda.

Eden Body Works sent me samples of the Jojoba Monoi shampoo and conditioner.

My sample box had
Cleansers
Bear Fruit Hair Ginger Orange Cleansing Conditioner
Hairveda Creme Rinse Hydrating Hair Cleanser

Stylers
Aubrey B5 Design Gel
Taliah Waajid Lock It Up Gel
Eden Bodyworks All natural Curl Defining Creme
Aunt Jackies Curl La La Defining Curl Custard

Oils/Butters
Natty Butter Cinnamon Honey Heaven
Camille Rose Curlaid Moisture Butter

Leave-Ins
Coily Head Chick Ultimate Hair Treat
CCNaturals Hibiscus Leave In Conditioner
Aubrey Calguala Fern Leave In Conditioning Treatment
JC Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner

Conditioners
Duafe Naturals Avocado and Agave Moisturizing Conditioner
Shescentit Banana Brulee Moisturizing Conditioner

Moisturizer
BASK Palm Tapioca Hair Cream
Duafe Herbal Hair Complex Tea
Bask Silk & Honey Detangling Hair Milk
Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil Daily Hair conditioner

Misc
Natty ACV Hair And Scalp Mist

There are also some things in my mom's closet which I need to add to my stash. And I think I have sample of the Curls Creme Brulee Hair Cream and Gel.

My stash is now overflowing.

I will be wearing my hair out for most of December to try some thing out.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm proud of myself because my stash is pretty much non existent. I will have a whole new stash soon due to these Blk Friday purchases! :lol: And you know what? I don't mind...:look: I won't be making any real purchases until Mother's Day or so.

Ogoma

^^ I am with you. After 12:15 EST, I will refrain from making any hair purchases until June 1, 2014. I really should not run out of anything before then.

Ogoma

- Used up all 4 HH Carrot Cake Icing butters I had. I used it on my body :lick:. It did my skin right these cold months. I have to much butters, oils, lotions to think of buying anything right now.

- Used up the last HH SCM.

- Will use up CJ Curl Rehab this wash day

uofmpanther

I used up my My Honey Child O’Honey Curl Mist. I'm trying to whittle my stash down, but I've been semi-naughty and semi-nice this Black Friday. I bought mainly staples, but I bought a few other things.

uofmpanther

I should have waited until after wash day to post. I used up:
- My Honey Child My Honey Nut Conditioner
- Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner

The MHC Conditioner didn't really have any slip. The Elucence was starting to grow on me, but my Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle is cheaper and better.

I'll use up the My Honey Child My Honey Nut Scalp Cleanser on 1/4 of my hair at the next wash. I can't tell how I feel about that yet.

I'm currently sitting in Curlformers. I did Oyin Shine & Define on one side and Curls Goddess Curls on the other side. If the Oyin doesn't work for this, I'm giving it away because I can't figure out a use for it for my hair.

ETA: Oyin Shine & Define didn't work for my curlformer set. It left white flakes in places and a cloudy haze, plus that side is a frizzier set than the Curls side. Farewell, Shine & Define, I really wanted you to work.

Last edited:

classoohfive

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? I'm trying to decrease what I have (not just in hair products) to reduce clutter and to organize.

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash.

used

Shampoos
Organic Root Stimulator / Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo (staple)
Ion / Clarifying Shampoo (staple?)
Body Shop / Rainforest Moisture
Suave / Professionals Dry Shampoo (staple?)

Conditioners
Roux / Porosity Control Conditioner (staple)
Body Shop / Rainforest Moisture Body Shop / Banana
Herbal Essences / Long Term Relationship (staple/stock up item) x2
Roux / Porosity Control Conditioner Recovery #619 Moisture System (staple?)
Finesse / Moisturizing Conditioner (was a freebie)
Loreal / Everstrong
ApHogee / Balancing Moisturizer (staple?)
Aussie / 3 Minute Miracle
Henna Sooq / Sweet Honey Enriching Hair Nourisher (new: Dec 2012)
Pantene / 2 Minute Moisture Masque (repurchased, staple)

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
African Royale / Braid Spray x2 (staple, restocked)
Luster's Pink / Hair Lotion
Cantu / Shea Butter Repair Cream (restocked)
Mane `N Tail / Carrot Oil crème
GVP / Leave-In Conditioner and Styler
Herbal Essences / Touchably Smooth (staple)
Hawaiian Silky / 14-in-1 Moisturizer (repurchased, staple)
Luster's / S-Curl Moisturizer (new: June 2013)

Treatments/Other
Chi / Infra Treatment (staple)
Body Shop / Macadamia Straightening Balm Talavera / Silk Capsules
Organic Root Stimulator / Glossing Polisher
Tropic Isle / Jamaican Black Castor Oil (staple)
Blue Magic / Coconut Oil
John Frieda / Precision Foam Color (freebie)
Organic Root Stimulator / Wrap Set Mousse x4 (they come with the relaxer kits, that's why there's so many)
Ultra Sheen Supreme / Styling & Setting Lotion x6 (they come with the relaxer kits, that's why there's so many)
ApHogee / Two-Step Protein Treatment (new, staple)
Hair One / Various Packs, 3
Komaza Care / Matani Hair Serum
Komaza Care / Protein Hair Strengthener

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Boxes of Henna, Alma, and Indgio (staples)

Samples
- My shoe box full of free sample products. (0 / I'm not even going to bother counting them :drunk:).

2b. Used up during session 1 (7/10)
Finesse / Moisturizing Shampoo, Pantene / Relaxed & Natural Conditioner (staple), Herbal Essences / Hydralicious, African Royale / Braid Spray (staple), Herbal Essences / Touchably Smooth (staple), Spectrum / Organic Coconut Oil (staple?), Dabur Vatika / Deep Conditioning Hot Oil Treatment with Olive + Almond + and Henna, two free samples

2c. Used up during session 2 (10/10)
Herbal Essences / Long Term Relationship, Cream of Nature / Jojoba & Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment, Pantene / 2 Minute Moisture Masque (x2), Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 Moisturizer (x2), Henna (x2), Komaza Care / Vitamin Reign, ORS relaxer (gave it to someone who will use it, now I'm officially transitioning), 4 small samples

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

4. What are your goal(s) for the session My goal is at least 5 products used by the end of the session. (0/5)

5. Used up in 2012: 31 items

classoohfive

Wow, I almost updated in the last thread. It's been almost a month since I've logged in and a few months since I've posted in this challenge. I've been really good about not buying anything other than staples this year.

With that being said, I'm still experimenting with products on my transitioning hair, so that's the excuse I'm going to use for these Black Friday purchases I'm about to make. :lick: I won't go overboard but I will be in the Use Up Your Stash 2014 challenge. :look:

I'll be good! I need to replace my henna (so I can wear my hair accessories by choice, not to cover grey hair) and continue looking for a leave-in that my low porosity natural hair likes.

ImanAdero

Can I be added?!

I'm really trying to use up my shampoo and conditioner stash.

There is absolutely no good reason to have like 6 shampoos and like 8-10 conditioners. No good reason lol.

When I get home I'll list my stash and how I plan to get rid of it.

Ogoma

Used up Curl Junkie Curl Rehab.

I have been loving the DB Hair Whip so much it is on its last leg. I doubt it would last to the end of this week. I will repurchase when I am off my no-buy in June.

faithVA

This is the first time I have ever bought anything on black friday, on the ground or online. I purchased the Hairveda sample pack and the Ayurvedic Green Bag. I should have purchased something from Naturelle Grow but wasn't thinking.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hello Ladies! (Waves)

I would like to join if it isint too late.

I have found my staples, and discovered that when it comes to my hair and products: less is best...the less I use in it, the better it behaves.

I would like to use up products I've accumulated on the way. I have thrown away, donated or sold everything besides these last 8. I like them enough to continue to use them, but they could be tossed tomorrow and I would be like...meh. lol

Right now, I'm focusing on the Curl Junkie cleansing conditioner. I can maybe get one or 2 more uses out of it.

When I use up the last item, I'm gonna buy me a nice HUGE bottle of Argan oil to celebrate! It mixes so well with my coconut oil, and makes my hair feel so soft. But mannnnnn, that oil is expensive.

Just an update: Started with 8 products to use up
I've used up half the products from my list. (4)
I have re-discovered my love for the Enjoy Luxury conditioners so I will be keeping them around so they are being removed from the use up list. (2)
The last 2 products (As I am co-wash and Hairveda conditioner) are being used on my step daughters hair currently...so they have been removed from my stash as well.

The Enjoy conditioners are the only conditioners I'm using now so when I go to Trader Joes later in the week for groceries, I'm going to pick up a few bottles of conditioner there. This will be my treat instead of the Argan oil I originally wanted once all the products were used up. Much cheaper and I can pick up around 6 bottles for less then 20 bucks. Score

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used up SD's MSI. Purchased 2 more. :look:

Yall my stash is down to nothing now and I'm proud of myself, but I have literally purchased 6 + months of stuff for DD and I. I don't need anything else at least until Mother's Day. :look:

Ogoma

Used up the 3.5 oz size of the Lush Fair Trade Honey Shampoo. Opened up the new 8 oz one I recently bought. Staple clarifying shampoo.

faithVA

Didn't use anything up but started trying out my samples. I used the L'Oreal Repair Mask as a prepoo. I washed with the Hairveda Amla and DCd with the Shescentit Banana Conditioner. I oiled my scalp with the NJoy's Growth Oil. I used Purabody Sapote as my leave-in. I styled with the Eden Body Works cream.

I probably have 1 or 2 more uses of the Purabody Sapote and the Acure leave-ins.

ImanAdero

So... I'm late, but will definitely rejoin in January for the next challenge. Not sure what plan of attack I have yet, but I know I'm going to mix my conditioners. Not all of these are full bottles/products, but they still take up space. I have literally had some of the stylers for the past 7 years 0_0

Hair Stash (use it up!)

Shampoo:
Selsun Blue
Lush Tricomania
Elasta QP Conditioning Shampoo
Garniee Anti Dandruff
Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus
Bain De Terr sample
Paul Mitchell original sample
Trader Joes Nourish Spa

Co Wash:
As I Am

Conditioners:
Redken Extreme
Loreal total repair
Organix coconut
Organix keratin
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Suave Almond and Shea Butter
Una Intensive Protein Treatment
Redken Clear Moisture
BioInfusion Olive Oil Deep
BioInfusion Olive Oil Deep (mix)
Sally's GVP Reconstructor
ApHogee balancing moisture
V05 Shea and cashmere
V05 strawberry
Devacurl one condition (sample)
Bain de Terr conditioner (sample)

Leave in creams:
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Jane Carted Twist and Lock
Shea Radiance hair repair
Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus
Shea butter mix
Shea bitter mix
Shea butter mix (travel)
Just for Me Curl Smoother Creme
Smooth n Shine curl Creme gel
Sta Sof Fro leave in

Creams/Styler:
Cantu coconut curling cream
SofNFree Nothing But Pudding
miss Jessie's curly pudding

Leave in spray:
Cantu coconut milk shine & hold
African Pride Braid Spray
ApHogee keratin & green tea
Just for Me 2 in 1 Detangler
Infusium 23 leave in

Styling:
Eco styler Olive oil gel
Eco Styler (pink)
3 Sisters Natural Curling Gelo
IC Fantasia hair polisher styling gel
DevaCurl ultra styling gel (sample)
ORS lock & twist gel
ORS edge control
Luster's Slick Stick
Elasta QP Glaze
IC Fantasia heat protectant serum
Tresseme Thermal Creations Spray
Soft Sheen Afro sheen spray

Oils
Olive
Safflower
Jojoba
Almond
Castor

ImanAdero

The oils I use are dual purpose though so maybe they don't count...

I'm just trying to feel better about myself lol.