Youtube- New Tutorials Flatironing and Bun

mzsophisticated26

Great tutorials!!!!! I am going to try your bun tutorial this weekend since I think I have enough hair now that I can make my own bun. I love your flat iron tut, I want to try the teflon tape since my CHI does not have heat setting

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Great tutorials!!!!! I am going to try your bun tutorial this weekend since I think I have enough hair now that I can make my own bun. I love your flat iron tut, I want to try the teflon tape since my CHI does not have heat setting
Thanks!
Make sure to post pictures so we can see your results.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Is the PM Straight Works also a heat protectant?
It doesn't say it directly on the package but it is since it contains silicones it is a heat protectant.

Silicones: When applied to the hair, silicone wraps around the hair shaft preventing what’s inside from going out and what’s outside from going in. Silicone molecules are too large to be absorbed into the hair shaft, so they act as a protective coating. For this reason, silicone hair products are great for retaining moisture in hair and for making hair resistant to outside influences such as heat and UV sun rays.

Tee

Great tuts DSD! I really enjoy them. You daughter looks just like her mom! Beautiful women.

sheba1

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing :yep:

So when you use teflon tape on your iron, how often must you replace it?

Essensual

Okay...dumb question time...

When I Google Teflon Tape I come up with a product used for plumbing repair. Is this the same product? If not, could someone produce a link to a place where the correct item can be purchased? TIA.

Last edited:

Neith

I want to do that bun!

I wish I had seen that tutorial before I BC'd. I could have definitely done it then because my hair was longer... and I could have used it to transition longer.

I'm thining of doing this with kinky textured hair on the doughnut. :D Hopefully I can get my hair into a decent ponytail while it's wet, freshly detangled and malleable.

Thank you for making the tutorials!!:)

sheba1

Okay...dumb question time...

When I Google Teflon Tape I come up with a product used for plumbing repair. Is this the same product? If not, could someone product a link to a place where the correct item can be purchased? TIA.

Here you go, Essensual

I really couldn't tell you. I have never seen telfon tape from a hardware store. Here is where I get mine from from. http://www.braziliankeratin.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=178

naturalmanenyc

Great idea to wrap the donut. I have never worn my donut bun outside the house because I could not get my relaxed hair to cover the mesh. I have not tried to use it since 2/2008.

I don't have any braiding hair handy (only some 2/4/8 colored tracks from 2007) but I am gonna play with it tonight.:grin:

Hi Ladies!

Have have put a couple of new tutorials up on Youtube. I did one on making a bun for shorter hair and one on flatironing transitioning hair. :grin:

How to make a bun for shorter hair:

Part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4c3JNjTMwU
Part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbdGfz0g-0

Key

Has anyone tried the Remington flat iron that comes with the teflon already on it?? I saw it at Target yesterday and wanted someones opinion on it. Should I get that or should I just get the teflon and put it on the iron I already have?? DSD what do you think??

Last edited by a moderator:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Has anyone tried the Remington flat iron that comes with the teflon already on it?? I saw it at Target yesterday and wanted someones opinion on it. Should I get that or should I just get the teflon and put it on the iron I already have?? DSD what do you think??
I would just suggest you getting the tape on the iron you have already. I have never heard anything about the Remington iron with teflon.