Your hair won't look like her's.....

You know I'm so tired of hearing nasty comments from other black women around me. I don't understand why we as a people can't support each other or at least mind your own business. :darkcloud: One of my colleagues asked me what I was doing to my hair...I've been wearing them in braids and when I said nothing she was horrified. I was like yes I'm letting it grown out natural to look like...blankity blanks another natural co-worker. All I mean was to wear it out natural. I would never want blankity blanks hair because it is heat damaged and a lot of her curl pattern is burnt out :down:. The colleague then replies you hair will never look like her's you don't have her curl pattern blah blah blah...:blah: and I'm like excuse you I don't want her hair I just want to wear it natural and she's like well I doubt it will look as good. My other coworker she is referring too is a blowfried 3B. Then she goes I've never even seen my natural curl pattern but it's not a good look...

Why can't these women just mind their business and stay out of mine? I'm sorry but I just had to vent I'm so tired of these little know nothing heffas...

danigurl18

That's horrible!! Women always seem to rain on other people's parade.. especially when they don't understand what you're doing... you and your hair are beautiful so swing ur silky, moisturized natural hair in her face lol:grin:

MA2010

That is why this website is so genious! We support each other here if no other support is found!

Try not to listen to those less wise about fabulous hair!

Do you and KEEP IT MOVING girl becuase your hair is NICE!!!!

JustKiya

You know I'm so tired of hearing nasty comments from other black women around me. I don't understand why we as a people can't support each other or at least mind your own business. :darkcloud: One of my colleagues asked me what I was doing to my hair...I've been wearing them in braids and when I said nothing she was horrified. I was like yes I'm letting it grown out natural to look like...blankity blanks another natural co-worker. All I mean was to wear it out natural. I would never want blankity blanks hair because it is heat damaged and a lot of her curl pattern is burnt out :down:. The colleague then replies you hair will never look like her's you don't have her curl pattern blah blah blah...:blah: and I'm like excuse you I don't want her hair I just want to wear it natural and she's like well I doubt it will look as good. My other coworker she is referring too is a blowfried 3B. Then she goes I've never even seen my natural curl pattern but it's not a good look...

Why can't these women just mind their business and stay out of mine? I'm sorry but I just had to vent I'm so tired of these little know nothing heffas...

That attitude drives me INSANE!!!!!!! How can you say that, when you don't even KNOW what your curl pattern LOOKS like?!?!? ARGGH!!

:pullhair:

Rae1234

thats terrible. don't make people's opinions discourage you! remember "opinions are like asses, everyone has one!"

well, at least you still have LHCF to vent on !:grin:

me-T

AND if she knew a thing or 2 bout hair, she'd know blankity blank has damage! so while she bumpin her gums, she need to do a good relaxer stretch and see what kinda hair SHE got, instead of talkin down on yours!

cocoaluv

Umm yeah.......You should have just replied that "As long as it doesn't look like yours then I am cool"
Yup. Most people are idiots anyways so its best to keep your hair goals/plans to yourself. I made the MISTAKE of showing my mom progress pics from the OCT/MT thread and lets just say.....never again. She thinks its a "scam" and that everyones hair is a weave and you all are trying to take me for my money :rolleyes:. Like I said its best to keep your hair goals to yourself.

gymfreak336

Yup. Most people are idiots anyways so its best to keep your hair goals/plans to yourself. I made the MISTAKE of showing my mom progress pics from the OCT/MT thread and lets just say.....never again. She thinks its a "scam" and that everyones hair is a weave and you all are trying to take me for my money :rolleyes:. Like I said its best to keep your hair goals to yourself.

:nono::nono:
The only thing that fixes people is seeing your progress over time. I stopped telling people about this site. I was so eager to share info and all I got was "Those chicks is wearing a weave" and the like. Ever sings a different tune now that they see the final result.

delitefulmane

Why does a certain "curl pattern" even matter!! The fact that YOU want to wear YOUR natural, God given hair has NOTHING to do with HER!! :nono:Man stuff like this infuriates me!! I say do you because at the end of the day that all that matter!! :grin:

Irresistible

I wish I could find one of the very first posts done here on me, I cant remember her name, but she was saying she wanted to go natural after seeing my hair, that thread went so far south that she even said it, on and on about her hair wont look like mine, she couldnt even just be inspired to try to go natural, without gettin a thread beat down-it was sad really

Nazarite27

You know, this reminds me of Maino's song...Hi Hater You See Me!! She's a H-A-T-E-R!!!

Anywho, as soon as she asked me what I was doing with my hair, I would have asked her, why? Who needs to know?

TCatt86

If you've never seen your curl pattern then how do you know how it looks!!! She needs to mind her business. I wish somebody would tell me about my hair.

Completely off topic but Nazarite your sons are handsome.

Don't give this so much energy.

No disrespect meant but sometimes you just want to come to a place where everybody gets you and vent. I'm over it but I also wanted to "talk" with some people who see where I'm coming from and I don't want to be chided for doing so either!

To the rest of the ladies no I didn't check her or say anything rude I just walked away because I'm not for having arguments with people about things that I've decided to do with my life. Thank you so much for the support ladies and of course I will gladly do me. No I don't understand the mentality of someone who's never seen their own natural hair trying to get on me or discourage me from becoming natural. :rolleyes:.

On a real note this girl never has a hair out of place it's dyed fried and laid to the side and it always looks good. Her hair is a little shorter than shoulder length and bone straight. I think she has beautiful hair but is also threatened by anyone who would try something "different" with their hair especially if it isn't some preset notion of beauty. Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from!

MichelleMyBelle

Unfortuantly, this will probably be the beginning of many negative comments if you continue to go natural. I have been a natural head for about 10 years now( 11yrs on Aug.1) Most of the negative comments I heard were from Black people (family, friends, church members). If white people thought it they never verbalized it to my face. However, I dropped an elbow on my neighbor for calling me "an nappy *****".:look: Thank God he didnt call the police.:nono:

yes i have a temper...God is working on me with it, ok.

Barbara

Princess
I think it's best to keep our hair goals to ourselves. Just let people outside this forum see the progress or results. :spinning: Even if you tell them the truth, they may not believe you.:nono:

BrooklynSouth

No disrespect meant but sometimes you just want to come to a place where everybody gets you and vent. I'm over it but I also wanted to "talk" with some people who see where I'm coming from and I don't want to be chided for doing so either!

To the rest of the ladies no I didn't check her or say anything rude I just walked away because I'm not for having arguments with people about things that I've decided to do with my life. Thank you so much for the support ladies and of course I will gladly do me. No I don't understand the mentality of someone who's never seen their own natural hair trying to get on me or discourage me from becoming natural. :rolleyes:.

On a real note this girl never has a hair out of place it's dyed fried and laid to the side and it always looks good. Her hair is a little shorter than shoulder length and bone straight. I think she has beautiful hair but is also threatened by anyone who would try something "different" with their hair especially if it isn't some preset notion of beauty. Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from!

Good........you understand..preset notion of beauty. Wore my natural style short wig..someone told me it looks crazy..what a shame..African textured hair makes one look crazy:rolleyes:... sooooo.....straight haired people are the only sane ones...how self destructive and unaware she is. Same with bantu knots still knotted.."Oh no, don't havethat style..that's jungle hair:sad:."

Christa438

Chicks like that make you wanna :hardslap: Do she even know what your natural curl pattern really looks like to say something like that? And even if your texture is different, that dont make it less beautiful. I know you must be laughing at her by now for being such a :moon:.

Rapunzel*

im sorry this happened to you all you have to do is brush your shoulders off.
ive also learned that when people dont see progress in there own hair they hate on ours.:rolleyes:

smh at haters

Kay.Dee

^
angry hair
:lol:

I got a similar comment. India.Arie was on Oprah or some channel and my co worker HAD to make a comment :ohwell:. I told him that I planned on being natural too. Well he told me that he had "good" hair (it was 3c/4a) and mine was too peasey to be natural. Well I already knew it was nappy, and as nappy and peasey as it may be, I'm finally natural and I love it.

As of right now I don't even entertain people by talking about hair. If they make a comment, I usually either don't say anything or say "that's your opinion" and keep it moving. People don't know and I don't feel like telling them.