Yet Another Newbie

mona_cherie

Hello everyone! I found this board just recently, and I've been lurking here for about a week. I want to personally thank the founders, moderators, and all members for providing this board and vaaaast information for girls (and I guess some guys too!) who are obsessed with the achievement of long hair or healthy hair or as in my case both. I am learning so much from this board. Thanks.
I guess the protocal now would be to describe my hair.
3c/4a, relaxed w/ lye perm, about 4 inches past the base of my neck. My ultimate goal is waist length. I'm not taking any vitamins right now although I have taken them in the past with great results. I wash 2x a week with Creme of Nature Shampoo in the red bottle. Right now I use Motions CPR, LeKair Cholesteral(green), Motions moisturizing conditioner, and use the Aphogee damaged hair treatment about every 2 or three weeks followed by moisturizing conditioner or CPR, or both. I use Infusium 23 and Wildgrowth daily. I look forward to "growing" with all of you.

Hey welcome! I see we have another late nightreader here. lol I see that you use the green LeKair Cholesteral - I love this stuff! Do you use it as a deep conditioner under a dryer or as a regular rinse out?

Hi mona_cherie,

Welcome to the board! You came to the right place to grow your hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bonjour cherie...(just trying to be cute!) We like to have fun and talk about hair hair hair and mo hair. Welcome. Bonjour.

I have never seen the green Le kair Cholesterol. Where did you buy yours? What is it profile?///preventing breakage...adding moisture...more protein///...stronger than the orange...?????Is it better than the orange one? Bonjour.

Re: Yet Another Newbie/Aphogee damaged hair

<font color="blue"> Welcome mona_cherie! I was thinking about trying Aphogee damaged hair treatment. Would your recommend it??

OK

I have been eyeing that green cholestrol, and now I am going to try it!

Welcome to the board "my dear" and Happy Hair Growing!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all the welcoming words!

Hi Gigi, isn't that stuff great? I always condition under a hooded dryer (I'm afraid not to). With the cholesteral I'll sit under the dryer for 20 min., rinse, then I apply more and let it sit under a plastic cap for 3 min., and I rinse again.

Bonjour Mahalialee4! I usually buy at Sally's. The cholesteral "strengthens, moisturizes and prevents breakage." I've never seen the orange cholesteral. The green comes in either a jar or bottle. I buy the jar because for whatever reason the bottle lists alcohol as an ingredient. It also contains aloe.

Hello Caramelbarbie! I used the Aphogee treatment once when my hair was breaking and shedding and it stopped all that after just one use. I use it now as a maintenance thing and because relaxed hair is damaged anyway. Whenever I use it adds more strength and elasticity to my hair. So, yes I would recommend it. Be sure to follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner though.
HTH

Thanks for all the new "welcomes."
Caramelbarbie, I've used the Aphogee moisturizing treatment, but I don't use it all the time. Sometimes I'll use Motions CPR instead or Motions CPR and Motions moisturizing conditioner. I think any really good moisturizing conditioner will do. But the Aphogee moisturzing treatment works well. I just don't like to put conditioners with alcohol, especially ones with it as the second or third ingredient, in my hair. And if I'm not mistaken, the Aphogee moisturizing treatment has alcohol in it.

Back