motions cpr

sunny

Does anyone use motions cpr? is it considered a hardcore protein treatment and do i need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards? Has it given good results on the hair?

sithembile

I used it for a while and it didn't leave my hair hard, it was still soft, so I'm guessing its a mild recontructor.I don't think you would need to follow it up with a moisturising conditioner, but maybe you should wait to hear more opinions. I didn't really find it effective in stopping breakage either.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
No, it's not a hard-core protein treatment. You may still choose to follow up with something moisturizing though to make detangling easier

diamond_nh

It is a mild protein. On the motions site, there is a 30 day regime for the cpr and they do not include a moisturizing conditioner. When I first started using it I didn't follow up with anything, but now I do. Today I used it and followed up with Lustrasilk aloe conditioner.

I think I liked it more in the beginning, but I haven't been using it that much lately.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I liked CPR. I didn't do a follow-up moisturizer but I felt that I didn't need to. Well that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here
. I use CPR (poo & conditioner) regularly with beautiful results. However, I don't really know if it stops breakage.... but now that I think about it, my hair isn't breaking since using it & my strands are very strong... so i guess it works....

AngelForLove

Do you really need to be a licensed cosmetologist to buy Motions CPR? That is what it said on their website. Do stores like Sally's check?

Peachtree

No, u don't need to be a licensed cosmetologist... in fact, this is sold regularly in every bss that I've been in (here in Cleveland).

china2ya

I use motions cpr and can say that it has helped to stop breakage. It seems to make my hair much softer and stronger. Although now I am natural,I plan on getting a relaxer in January 04 and motions will be my choice of relaxer.

bimbabe

whats up wit all these sticks and small stones?
took me so long to wash them out and i think i still missed some.

Is it ok to rotate products? So one wash CPR the next wash LUST? How often do u rotate?

miss_brown

I used CPR when I was relaxed and I found it was pretty good for stopping breakage. I didn't do a follow up with a moisturizing condit either, probably because I didn't know about those then, and I never had a problem. I haven't found that it's the most effective on natural hair, but oh well, I've moved on to other products anyway.

On a side note, Motions has two lines, the "At Home" line and the "Professional" line. You can always get the "At Home" line in BBS, but the "Professional" is a little harder to get your hands on. The only "Professional" product I can remember seeing in a BSS was the Moisture Plus conditioner in the big tub.