Would you have said something?

alexstin

One of DH's friends(a believer) on Facebook posted pics of his celebrity crushes and some of the pictures of his crushes were naked/half naked.:perplexed

Now first of all, I don't really get the whole idea of celebrity crushes because it seems weird as a believer to go on and on about how sexy or fine someone is that's not your spouse.:drunk: Posting, half naked pics, though, takes it to an entirely different level, especially when it shows up on all of your friends pages.

So, DH opened up his FB acct and was like, :ohwell::nono: and emailed the friend and basically said, "what's up with the pictures, man? How does your wife and God feel about those? Let's be a light." The person said they never considered the type of pics they posted it was moreso they were posting pics of their crush.:huh: How in the world do you not notice it's a half naked picture of a person? I ain't buying it.

So would you have said something?

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
One of DH's friends(a believer) on Facebook posted pics of his celebrity crushes and some of the pictures of his crushes were naked/half naked.:perplexed

Now first of all, I don't really get the whole idea of celebrity crushes because it seems weird as a believer to go on and on about how sexy or fine someone that's not your spouse is.:drunk: Posting, half naked pics, though, takes it to an entirely different level, especially when it shows up on all of your friends pages.

So, DH opened up his FB acct and was like, :ohwell::nono: and emailed the friend and basically said, what's up with the pictures, man? How does your wife and God feel about those? Let's be a light. The person said they never considered the type of pics they posted it was moreso they were posting pics of their crush.:huh: How in the world do you not notice it's a half naked picture of a person? I ain't buying it.

Most definitely! :yep: God's word says plainly that when we 'see' a brother (sister) in error we are to admonish them.

This man has a lust problem. And a weakness to temptation. And he's sadly become a part of those who are teaching others (by way of a public media) that naked women are okay to be displayed on his profile. And one's profile, alone, speaks of their heart and their character.

This 'brother' is in trouble. Not just in sin, but in trouble. satan has found a way into his heart with a spirit of lust; and to make it worse, he's in denial about it.

I'm praying for him now to be convicted and delivered completely from this. It's not good. Not good at all. :nono:

Last edited:

alexstin

I'm thinking he was convicted, even though he had an excuse because the pictures disappeared unless he just hid them so DH couldn't see them.

Most definitely! :yep: God's word says plainly that when we 'see' a brother (sister) in error we are to admonish them.

This man has a lust problem. And a weakness to temptation. And he's sadly become a part of those who are teaching others (by way of a public media) that naked women are okay to be displayed on his profile. And one's profile, alone, speaks of their heart and their character.

This 'brother' is in trouble. Not just in sin, but in trouble. satan has found a way into his heart with a spirit of lust; and to make it worse, he's in denial about it.

I'm praying for him now to be convicted and delivered completely from this. It's not good. Not good at all. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm thinking he was convicted, even though he had an excuse because the pictures disappeared unless he just hid them so DH couldn't see them.
Our men are in trouble. Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Red... our men are in trouble and need our devoted prayers.

Men like your husband and Precious Wavy's husband are excellent examples of strength in the Lord.

My heart grieves for our men, because we do not need anymore male casualities then we already have.

I thank God for the wife that you are to your husband; for it keeps his strong and with a heart of purpose to live right for God and lead other men like him.

mrselle

I don’t know if I would have said something. I guess it would have depended on my relationship with that person, plus I tend to be a bit soft-spoken….but if someone ask me my opinion I will certainly give it. I’m on facebook and I can tell you that when you post your five celebrity crushes, depending on how popular the celebrity is, there is more than one picture that you can post. So, assuming that these women have pictures out there where they are fully clothed he could have chosen “safer” pictures.

With that said, I posted my five celebrity crushes and all my guys are fully clothed. I didn’t really look at it as my “celebrity crush”, but as an actor or singer I really enjoy watching or listening to. For example, I think Jeffrey Wright is a phenomenal actor and he just so happens to favor my husband.

Maybe it was wrong of me to post my “celebrity crushes”….I don’t know. Perhaps reading more responses will enlighten me a little more.

Shimmie

Staff member
I don’t know if I would have said something. I guess it would have depended on my relationship with that person, plus I tend to be a bit soft-spoken….but if someone ask me my opinion I will certainly give it. I’m on facebook and I can tell you that when you post your five celebrity crushes, depending on how popular the celebrity is, there is more than one picture that you can post. So, assuming that these women have pictures out there where they are fully clothed he could have chosen “safer” pictures.

With that said, I posted my five celebrity crushes and all my guys are fully clothed.

I didn’t really look at it as my “celebrity crush”, but as an actor or singer I really enjoy watching or listening to.

For example, I think Jeffrey Wright is a phenomenal actor and he just so happens to favor my husband.

Maybe it was wrong of me to post my “celebrity crushes”….I don’t know. Perhaps reading more responses will enlighten me a little more.
I agree, I have my 'favorite' actors, singers, etc. But not necessarily a 'crush'; in other words, they are not someone that I want to be intimate with. I just admire who they are and./or what they do.

Sidney Poitier is my #1 of all time and he always will be. :yep: I love that man! But not to 'be with him'. I just love Mr. Sidney for who he is. :yep:

PaperClip

With that said, I posted my five celebrity crushes and all my guys are fully clothed. I didn’t really look at it as my “celebrity crush”, but as an actor or singer I really enjoy watching or listening to. For example, I think Jeffrey Wright is a phenomenal actor and he just so happens to favor my husband.

I like Jeffrey Wright as well (as an actor and he's not bad on the eyes, either!)

I have outgrown celebrity crushes to the point of putting their photos on my actual wall or my Facebook cyber wall.

I think it was good for the man-to-man iron sharpening to happen.

And send him a link to get the book "Every Man's Battle"....

alexstin

I have ppl that I enjoy for those purposes as well.:yep: For me, it crosses the line when you're saying that person is sexy, fine or "in my dreams I'd love to sleep with him".:look: IMO, those feeling should be reserved for your spouse. I would not want someone telling my DH he is sexy and yet because they are celebs we think it's fine to :lick:

Now, I won't say that I have never found a celeb "sexy" because I have and was convicted because that is not my place. They are made in God's image, just as I am and deserve more.:yep:

alexstin

I like Jeffrey Wright as well (as an actor and he's not bad on the eyes, either!)

I have outgrown celebrity crushes to the point of putting their photos on my actual wall or my Facebook cyber wall.

I think it was good for the man-to-man iron sharpening to happen.

And send him a link to get the book "Every Man's Battle"....

That's a great book. DH went over that book with all the men and I did the same with the women and Every Woman's Battle when we were over college ministry. That age group gives your gray hair for sure.:lachen:

mrselle

I have ppl that I enjoy for those purposes as well.:yep: For me, it crosses the line when you're saying that person is sexy, fine or "in my dreams I'd love to sleep with him".:look: IMO, those feeling should be reserved for your spouse. I would not want someone telling my DH he is sexy and yet because they are celebs we think it's fine to :lick:

Now, I won't say that I have never found a celeb "sexy" because I have and was convicted because that is not my place. They are made in God's image, just as I am and deserve more.:yep:

My hubby and I have a running joke that if Prince ever comes to town he might need to worry....hee, hee. No, not really....Prince is too pretty and would give me a complex. But seriously, I agree with you. There isn't an actor, singer or anyone out there I have those feelings toward. My desire is to my husband and only my husband.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

Yes.

My being silent means I condone this behavior.

He chose to put this on the Internet, a public forum, so whatever disapprovals he gets is warranted.

Good topic!