Hubby's Hair Tips/Knowledge

This is what my boyfriend has to say..

1. Cloth (cotton) dries out hair and you have to sleep on a silk pillow case or wrap your hair up before sex or else u will be rudely interupted!
2. You can't use a 2n1 poo/con or you will get yelled at LOL (i made him stop using his suave 2n1)
3. Whenever a women asks if her hair is cute just say yes or we will never leave the house
4. whenever i spend hours doing my hair all night he prays it turns out okay in the morning or else its goin in a pony tail and i have an attitude all day!...Lol
5. I use half a bottle of con in one wash session...lmao

he's so mean ! lol...smh

My husband said man I don't know

1. Tie up your before bed so it doesn't rub up against you

2. You have to try alot of products to find what works for your hair

3. Dont comb your hair because it will fall out

My dh says, "I remember you put some food in your hair. Yeah, put some chicken grease in there, that'll help. And don't forget to deep condition otherwise your hair will get weak."

I don't know where he got chicken grease from. :lachen: the only thing I've taken from the kitchen is honey. And I do remember him commenting on why it was in the bathroom, it must have left him scarred. :lachen:

You're right, Caribeandiva, Husbands do say the darndest things. :spinning:

I've already shared my dh's thoughts so I'm gonna go a bit OT: My hubs commented on my hair's progress and how good it's looking and how I've seemed to have found my groove. That made my day!:grin: He's always been observant and comments on my hair but I usually go to the salon so I usually say ty without much thought. For him to take the time to explain in detail how good my hair looks, etc....made me feel really, really good...guess b/c I'm now my own salon and he is witnessesing the hard work and effort to keeping this head looking like its looking. :yep:

Crying Laughing @ OP, I love this thread. So I asked DH and here's what he said.
Wash ur hair twice a month and put something on it. If u use the shampoo don't use the mint one cause that one burns. (He's talking about Dr. Bronners)
Don't let no hussie's play in ya hair. (His hair is APL).
If u want long hair sit under the dyer and get ya neck burnt. Fair warning stay away from the dryer, hot comb (he means flat iron) and the curling iron that also burns.
Don't get a manicure or pedicure cause they do something to ur skin and it hurts.
Cut ur hair once a month.
He knows APL/BSL/SL.
Take ten naked pictures of ur back because it shows length.
All we talk about is hair all day and never get bored and then I wait up for u until I go to sleep. I be wantin some. But u never come to bed.
Get a perm every six months. Sleep with something on ya head to keep it silky and smooth. DC with shower cap to make it soft beacause of hair napps. Mix eggs, cinnamon, mayo, ohh and henna. To be a hair chemist.
His final words:
You are a hair addict, product junkie, now that's it shorty, I ain't playin ya hair crack games.

Crying Laughing @ OP, I love this thread. So I asked DH and here's what he said.
Wash ur hair twice a month and put something on it. If u use the shampoo don't use the mint one cause that one burns. (He's talking about Dr. Bronners)
Don't let no hussie's play in ya hair. (His hair is APL).
If u want long hair sit under the dyer and get ya neck burnt. Fair warning stay away from the dryer, hot comb (he means flat iron) and the curling iron that also burns.
Don't get a manicure or pedicure cause they do something to ur skin and it hurts.
Cut ur hair once a month.
He knows APL/BSL/SL.
Take ten naked pictures of ur back because it shows length.
All we talk about is hair all day and never get bored and then I wait up for u until I go to sleep. I be wantin some. But u never come to bed.
Get a perm every six months. Sleep with something on ya head to keep it silky and smooth. DC with shower cap to make it soft beacause of hair napps. Mix eggs, cinnamon, mayo, ohh and henna. To be a hair chemist.
His final words:
You are a hair addict, product junkie, now that's it shorty, I ain't playin ya hair crack games.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ the bolded !!

My husband has learned the hard way not to sneak and use my designated carrier oils for my hair to fry food after finding bits of hair on his fried chicken. Oh well,I guess he didn't learn that from my membership, lol!

He does remind me every night to moisterize/seal and put on a bonnet.

ah yes, this is a great one!!! I can't ask dh now as he is so over 'Hair' I can barely get him to take pics......

My husband actually inspired me to go natural and wear it curly. I had been natrual most of my life but always blow dryed and flat ironed. He has beautiful hair and just puts gel in it out the shower, he pretty much wets and gos everyday. He said after I finished transitioning I should try that. I never knew my hair would be managable curly because its so thick. Well 1.5 years and one BC later, he was right. I love my hair, never knew it was this easy. Men keep it simple. I guess we can learn a lot from then sometimes.

All my husband uses is LA looks gel. Lol. He said it took him over a year to figure it out. He tried every gel there was but that one was the best. People think he has a texturizer but he doesn't that's just his hair and a big glob of LA looks, lol.

I thought my hubby never paid any attention to what I do on here. I was shocked when he told me he wanted locs and asked what would help his hair grow because "I know you know what to do, you're always on that site."

But I realize that aside from noticing hair has become a hobby of mine, he doesn't know much. I bought some peppermint soap and invited him to try some because it was tingly. The next day we were in the shower together and he picked up my Aussie Moist and started to slather some on himself. I gave him this wild look and told him it wasn't soap and he looked at me, then down at the conditioner and said, "It's not? But it's what I used yesterday. I thought it didn't smell like peppermint."

And then when I bought coconut oil and put it in the bathroom, he was really confused. He blurted out a few days after, "Is that for me in the bathroom?"
"Is what for you?"
"That... that coconut oil in that jar."
"Well, sure, if you want to use it." (Wow, he knows about oils?) :blush:
"What... uh, is it... is it for me to eat? Because I saw" (here I burst out laughing) "it had serving sizes on the jar... and calories... and--am I supposed to eat it? Is it... it's coconut, right? Is it food? Because it's in the bathroom. :sad: Don't laugh."

I thought my hubby never paid any attention to what I do on here. I was shocked when he told me he wanted locs and asked what would help his hair grow because "I know you know what to do, you're always on that site."

But I realize that aside from noticing hair has become a hobby of mine, he doesn't know much. I bought some peppermint soap and invited him to try some because it was tingly. The next day we were in the shower together and he picked up my Aussie Moist and started to slather some on himself. I gave him this wild look and told him it wasn't soap and he looked at me, then down at the conditioner and said, "It's not? But it's what I used yesterday. I thought it didn't smell like peppermint."

And then when I bought coconut oil and put it in the bathroom, he was really confused. He blurted out a few days after, "Is that for me in the bathroom?"
"Is what for you?"
"That... that coconut oil in that jar."
"Well, sure, if you want to use it." (Wow, he knows about oils?) :blush:
"What... uh, is it... is it for me to eat? Because I saw" (here I burst out laughing) "it had serving sizes on the jar... and calories... and--am I supposed to eat it? Is it... it's coconut, right? Is it food? Because it's in the bathroom. :sad: Don't laugh."

I laughed so hard my side hurts. :lachen:

OMG. Too cute!

My brother has been observing me, my sister, and his girlfriend on our HHJ. This is what he said (and yes, he was serious!)

-Anything you use in the skillet for oil can be used on hair lol.
-He thought pre-pooing was called poo-pooing.
-He knows about the names of length (BSL, APL, etc.) *At one point, he was growing his goatee out and called his length, Bow Tie Length.*
-Honey isn't for bread, it's for hair.

Back