Hubby's Hair Tips/Knowledge

These are so sweet.

I didn't think my sweetie has paid me any attention until Valentine's Day. He saw my deer-in-headlights look and just sighed....

"Hurry up and get your hat..."

This is what my husband has learned; I need my "hat" before I get in bed with him. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

cj

These are so sweet.

I didn't think my sweetie has paid me any attention until Valentine's Day. He saw my deer-in-headlights look and just sighed....

"Hurry up and get your hat..."

This is what my husband has learned; I need my "hat" before I get in bed with him. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

cj

lmao @ deer-in-headlights look and him sighing!!!!

Just asked my SO and this is what he came up with:(in a complaining tone)
- I am not allowed to play in your hair because moving it around too much is bad.
-Half of the stuff in the grocery basket is more likely to end up in your hair than on a plate.

(but then he asked me which conditioner would work best for his hair and if he needs to use it every day!) :lachen:

This is so funny, yet so true. If I say anthing about my hair, my SO will say, "did you tell the girls on the hair boards?" He also picked up the term "SO" from here, and proudly refers to himself as my SO.

DH has learned that Herbal Essences products are for everyone despite the lack of African Americans in their commercials....in addition to the using tea tree oil, having his hair steamed, using a Pibbs dryer and he has learned that not every licensed stylist can help grow healthy hair. lol lol lol He is officially a woman. hah!

Last edited:
Mine learned that YES men should use their wives or gf's hair stuff if it will prevent dandruff and bumps and all of that yahoo. Even his barber was commenting on his shiny, healthy scalp.

I said see?

He now gets all of my castoffs. If it doesn't work, I shove it off on him hehe

Mine learned that YES men should use their wives or gf's hair stuff if it will prevent dandruff and bumps and all of that yahoo. Even his barber was commenting on his shiny, healthy scalp.

I said see?

He now gets all of my castoffs. If it doesn't work, I shove it off on him hehe

Lucky him...That's a lot of shoving Mrs. PJ :giggle:

Just asked my SO and this is what he came up with:(in a complaining tone)
- I am not allowed to play in your hair because moving it around too much is bad.
-Half of the stuff in the grocery basket is more likely to end up in your hair than on a plate.

(but then he asked me which conditioner would work best for his hair and if he needs to use it every day!) :lachen:

:lol: @ bolded

Lucky him...That's a lot of shoving Mrs. PJ :giggle:

hehe!! he has his own mini collection now. i was SO mad when this mhc caribbean creme sucked big time for me and he's like maaaaaaan this stuff works!!! you could have knocked me over with a feather :lachen:

My hubs standard ?'s are -- "what's new in the hair care world" or "what did you learn about hair today" or "do you need to go look for any hair products today." Like seriously, I don't search for hair prods daily. I just research them. lol.

I'm sure he won't quote anything to me upon asking b/c his favorite line when I'm testing him is -- "I listen to you and I know more than you think." I use to be like, whatever until one day I was saying that I had a little breakage, he started talking about moisture/protein balance????!!! wow. I was amazed.

Don't let him act like he's not also interested in hair care b/c he is also -- he is prematurely balding and so he visits my hair salon (not a true place, just a figure of speech) and allow me to m&s, deep condition, scalp massage, the whole 9 yards, his head on a frequent basis. Men be acting like hair care is only for women----yeah ok.

My 16 year old nephew asked me where my coconut oil was the other day because he just washed his hair and needed to lock it. I gave him the craziest look. He says "well I heard you telling Mommy that she should be locking her hair after she washes it so it won't get dry and break off." I just about fell out. He meant seal and not lock but the kid is paying attn!!! And he has GORGEOUS hair too.....makes me sick:lachen:

My 16 year old nephew asked me where my coconut oil was the other day because he just washed his hair and needed to lock it. I gave him the craziest look. He says "well I heard you telling Mommy that she should be locking her hair after she washes it so it won't get dry and break off." I just about fell out. He meant seal and not lock but the kid is paying attn!!! And he has GORGEOUS hair too.....makes me sick:lachen:

Love it:grin:

My hubby shocked me the other day when I was telling him about how my family was raving that my hair "grows so fast". He said "this has been three years worth of cowashing and stretching your relaxer"! And I thought he was just ignoring me all the time!
He also uses coconut oil on his shaved head.

Last edited:
this is so funny.

just recently my b/f asked me which is the best oil for his hair. I told him he could use some of my whipped shea butter that I leave by his place ... then he was like "oh ok 'cause I tried it last week and I've been using it in my hair, but I normally see u using it on your body so i was just wondering " LOLOLOL

then he asked me to bring a container of whipped shea butter for him and some JBCO, "the one u fix up, not the stink one" LOL (I add EOs to my JBCO)

you all best believe they been noticing what we doing

ETA: just called him and asked what he has learned

1. you have to detangle in sections
2. sleeping in a silk/satin scarf protects your hair (hes actually offered for me to use one of his football shorts to tie my head once when i forgot my scarf lol)
3. moisture moisture moisture
4. regular shampoos are drying - u have to use the black soap
5. shea butter is good for many things
6. when u go natural you start buying lots of accessories

Last edited:
DH has learned to be a great "back of the hair" photographer. When I or one of the girls have a 'cool' hairdo, he reminds us to take a picture for "that hair site".

My brother has been observing me, my sister, and his girlfriend on our HHJ. This is what he said (and yes, he was serious!)

-Anything you use in the skillet for oil can be used on hair lol.
-He thought pre-pooing was called poo-pooing.
-He knows about the names of length (BSL, APL, etc.) *At one point, he was growing his goatee out and called his length, Bow Tie Length.*
-Honey isn't for bread, it's for hair.

I don't have a SO so I asked my nephew (16) who lives with me.
He said some women are obsessed with their hair and that good hair takes commitment.
I asked was there any thing else? He said nope.

i was using my blow drier today (with diffuser) and my brother walked passed and said "ooooh!!! heat!!!! you gone be in trouble!" lol

This thread is adorable! My DH was jealous of the time I spent on this site when I first joined, so I guess he felt like " if you can't beat em', join em'. He knows a lot more than I thought when I asked.

-He knows when in doubt, get conditioner. Don't ask if it's needed, just always get conditioner (he knows my faves). He even knows how to tell if a condish is protein or moisture!

- He knows my buns are not an attempt to look "un-sexy", but to protect my ends and will actually keep hair bands in his truck just in case we're out and about and I decide to bun or pull my hair back in a pony.

-He knows that all of my " hair stuff" must have its own cabinet.
-He brews my tea for my tea rinses

-He knows how my hair will look if I don't sleep with it covered or on a satin pillowcase and will wake me up to put my scarf on.

-He also learned the quickest way to get me of off this site is to bribe me with more hair stuff.....:yep:

Whenever I do my twists and leave them hanging out hubby always tells me.. "honey that isn't a protective style.. you got to pin up that hair and protect those ends.. it may be low manipulation but make sure it's protective.."
I burst out laughing when he told me that the first time!

I asked the closest thing I have to a SO and he said (with confidence I might add):
  • consistent maintenance
  • lots of moisture
  • natural products

I almost shed a tear - I was so proud of him. :grin:

Now I need to ask my 16year old nephew. I've already convinced him to co-wash and to use shea butter.

I laugh at some of the threads where hubbies have incidentally acquired hair knowledge from the wives on the board. I wanted to know if my husband has incidentally learned anything from me as a result of my membership here.

I've posted his "list" below. Please note, some of this stuff is WRONG!

*Just because you're black, you don't have to use black hair products

*If you don't like a product, take it back even if there's half a bottle left.

*If you don't like the way someone does your hair, don't go back to them.

*Don't let other people cut your hair.

*It's okay to go to separate people for your hair and for your eyebrows. Ideally you'd want the same person but it's okay to drive real far to get your eyebrows done if you have to. (I drive a bit out of the way to get my brows done)

*The longer your hair is, the more stuff you'll need and it will take up all the drawer and cabinet space in both bathrooms-don't ask questions

*Don't wash your hair in the morning. Wash it at night so you can wrap it up and have it ready for in the morning.

*You don't have to get a perm every week. You can space it out.

*Y'all talk about more than hair on the hair board.

*No cursing on the hair board

*You have to take naked pictures of your hair. And even though the back of your head looks the same you have to take 5 or 6 pictures of that particular hair style.

Please note that I do not take pictures naked--jeans and bra is standard for me :lol:
:lachen:
My BF would point these two out to me as well.

Back