Will neutralizing shampoo rmv relaxer?

ceedeelight

Hi All,

I know this might be a crazy question, but a co-worker and I were talking and we were wondering if I wash my hair with neutralizing shampoo, will it gradually strip the relaxer from my relaxed hair?
She is natural (she BC) but I'm transitioning and thought it would be a great idea to ask you all. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
DeeLight

*Michelle*

ceedeelight said:
Hi All,

I know this might be a crazy question, but a co-worker and I were talking and we were wondering if I wash my hair with neutralizing shampoo, will it gradually strip the relaxer from my relaxed hair?
She is natural (she BC) but I'm transitioning and thought it would be a great idea to ask you all. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
DeeLight

Absolutely not. Nothing besides a haircut will. Good luck!

no

relaxers are permanent, you cannot wash them out

the chemical relaxs the curl in your hair by breaking down the bonds of the hair, once the bonds are broken they can't be repaired, the only way to get rid of relaxed hair is to cut it off

Blackoutzangel05

:lol: :lol: I thought this thread was going to be about using neutralizing shampoo when you are relaxing to wash the relaxer out instead of rinsing and then washing with neutralizing shampoo....I can be such a blond at times...

But heck no, neutralizing shampoo does not remove your perm. If it was that simple a lot of us would have been used it by now. But you have to cut the relaxed hair off and even if you transition without doing a BC, a chop is still going to be needed to cut the relaxed hair off, just not a huge one...

ceedeelight

Thanks for the replies.:)
I guess we were just having wishful thinking. :lachen:

Now if someone could invent a product that could remove relaxer, they would be a billionaire. :p

Blackoutzangel05

Man.....I would love to be the person that could do that...all the money that I would surely make....

I am queen of wishful thinking. I keep thinking that if I wish my hair was 100% natural and long and lovely and thick...it will happen