Wig Wearers

natural2008

Hello All,
This past weekend I purchased two short wigs. Since my hair is gorwing and I do not want to cut my hair I purchased two short wigs for those days when I feel like I want a hair cut. So my question is what do you wear under your wig besides the wig cap. The wig cap is made up of nylon which dries the hair. I had on a satin scarf under the wig cap, to protect my hair but it was too bulky. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time in advance,
Natural2008

BrooklynSouth

Hello All,
This past weekend I purchased two short wigs. Since my hair is gorwing and I do not want to cut my hair I purchased two short wigs for those days when I feel like I want a hair cut. So my question is what do you wear under your wig besides the wig cap. The wig cap is made up of nylon which dries the hair. I had on a satin scarf under the wig cap, to protect my hair but it was too bulky. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time in advance,
Natural2008

Natural2008, please check the WIG CHALLENGE 2008 thread, long but chock full of good wig usage information. I only wear a wig cap.

kriolagirl

^^^^^^ i agree. i only wear a wig cap as well when i wear wigs. at night i make sure to moisturize. that's about it.

Nonie

I wear Saran wrap under my wraps and hats, so I imagine I'd wear that under a wig--which I plan to do sometime this year.

bermudabeauty

I use a netted wig cap which allows my head to breath. I moisturize after I take my wig off to restore much needed moisure after having it on all day. Sometimes if I am not going to wear my wig for a long time I don't wear anything at all. I am in need of a relaxer (only 4weeks post mind you) and I am determined to stretch my relaxer to 8weeks! So I too purchased a wig this weekend. But I purchased a half wig. It is my fotki.

natural2008

Hello Bermuda Beauty,
I purchased my first two short cut wigs this past weekend. I looked at your fotki and your wig looks like your hair.

SpiritJunkie

i wear full and 1/2 wigs regularly and i do not wear wig caps. i either braid my hair underneath and spray with surge daily and wash/deep condition weekly or i put it in a ponytail and baggie and moisturize and seal with oil nightly.

i did this all summer and retained alot of length but it is very important to stay on top of the moisturizing!!

PuddingPop

I usually keep my hair braided under the wig cap and i spray the braids twice a day with a mixture of BRX braid spray and Infusium 23. When I took my braids out to was my hair the following week my hair was so moist and shiny.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I actually put on a satin bonnet or scarf and then a wig cap before putting on the wig. I have baggied under a wig before, so obviously I used a plastic cap for that.

carletta

I usually keep my hair braided under the wig cap and i spray the braids twice a day with a mixture of BRX braid spray and Infusium 23. When I took my braids out to was my hair the following week my hair was so moist and shiny.

:yep: I do the EXACT-SAME-THING !!!!! PLUS I'M DOING THE OVATION!!!! :grin: :yep:

Country gal

My hair is corn rolled, I have the wig cap on it. I have on my wig in my siggy pic. I am hoping to grow my hair to APL so I am hiding for couple months.