Wig Experts pls help...

BBabe

UGHH! This is my 1st time experimenting with wearing wigs, and although I really like them I'm having a problem getting them to "look real". I can't do the "instant weaves", as my natural hair reverts and does not blend well. It's so frustrating and unfortunately I've been to 3 stylists already and none of them have helped me achieve the natural look.
Could you please look at my album, under "wig styles" There are 3 different wig styles. I'm trying to fix the wig titled "soultress" and "cleo". Any suggestions on what/how to do it would be great. Also, how do you degloss/deshine a synthetic wig to make it more texturized and less shiny?
Any suggestions on where to buy a long human hair wig for a good/low price? What are "good" wig brands to buy - whether it be human or synthetic? Any brands to stay away from?
Thanks all!

Last edited:

virtuosity

BBabe said:
UGHH! This is my 1st time experimenting with wearing wigs, and although I really like them I'm having a problem getting them to "look real". I can't do the "instant weaves", as my natural hair reverts and does not blend well. It's so frustrating and unfortunately I've been to 3 stylists already and none of them have helped me achieve the natural look.
Could you please look at my album, under "wig styles" There are 3 different wig styles. I'm trying to fix the wig titled "soultress" and "cleo". Any suggestions on what/how to do it would be great. Also, how do you degloss/deshine a synthetic wig to make it more texturized and less shiny?
Any suggestions on where to buy a long human hair wig for a good/low price? What are "good" wig brands to buy - whether it be human or synthetic? Any brands to stay away from?
Thanks all!

BBabe I see that you live in Brooklyn,

Where do you purchase your wigs? I've had the same problem as well, trying to make them look natural. It should look less shiny once you wash it. The only full wig I have been able to wear without being self concious about it is Bevery Johnson's Charli.
I do know that on Lawrence street (btwn Jay and Willoughby) in BK, there is a hair shop (The hair factory I think its called) that has a wig "stylist" that will fit the wig to your head and cut it if needed. There is another store with a stylist on Jay Street btwn Fulton and Lawrence. I only wear weaves and half wigs for the most part becasue those are the only thingst that look halfway decent on my head but I am sure the other ladies here wil have some more advice for you....

Hey, I just saw your album and your wigs look great on you! ;)

Last edited:

BBabe

BK in da house!! lol...
Thanks so much for the info on those stores - I think I'll be buying my next wigs there, as this styling thing is really bugging me. I got my wigs from the new BS on Nevins - they have some great wigs that I have not seen in the other BS in the area.
So is Beverly Johnson a good brand? - nI think I may have to start a new thread in regards to wig brands...
TY for the compliment :), but unfortunately they look better in the pics - up close it looks wiggy and it's cramping my dating life!! LOL!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

BBabe said:
Thanks all!

Bumping for answers to these questions.:)