Help! I need to find a coarse kinky straight wig

yardyspice

I am trying to find a kinky straight synthetic wig that looks like natural hair when straightened. I've given up on finding a Remy that really looks like natural hair -- you have to use a lot of heat for your hair to match. Any suggestions?

Dabaddest

There is plenty of virgin remy hair that you can get processed to duplicate your texture. What's your price range? I know of easy ria which is a syn 3/4 wig if your just looking for a syn.

Blairx0

Try orderwigsonline.com. I got a few kinky straight units from there and loved them

Sent from my PC36100 using LHCF

MzSwift

Do you mean like the Tammy wig by Outre?

yardyspice

Thanks ladies for your help but I think I've figured out a solution.

I have Tammy and it isn't a match. I have remy kinky straight lace front wig that I turned into a u-part wig and it isn't a match either. I also have a bunch of kinky straights extensions and they really aren't a match unless you flat iron the heck out of your hair. I was looking for a wig that would allow me to rollerset or use curlformers without heat but that would match my hair nonetheless.

Here's my solution (I'm keeping my fingers that it will work.) I plan flatiron this wig:

I've already tried straightening this Marley braid hair that I use for my buns and the result is a DEAD MATCH for my hair. I will update the thread if it works out.

thatscuteright

I have Tammy and it isn't a match. I have remy kinky straight lace front wig that I turned into a u-part wig and it isn't a match either. I also have a bunch of kinky straights extensions and they really aren't a match unless you flat iron the heck out of your hair. I was looking for a wig that would allow me to rollerset or use curlformers without heat but that would match my hair nonetheless.

Here's my solution (I'm keeping my fingers that it will work.) I plan flatiron this wig:

I've already tried straightening this Marley braid hair that I use for my buns and the result is a DEAD MATCH for my hair. I will update the thread if it works out.

I want to see how this turns out.

yardyspice

@yardyspice Yes, please post pics of the results. You've flat ironed synthetic marley braid hair? What heat setting? And do you have pics?

@MsAminta I used this curling iron that I use on my wigs. It curls synthetic hair on the first setting without burning. I've attached a picture of the straightened Marley braid which as you can see is a perfect match for 4a/b straightened hair. I did 2 passes.

Last edited:

BraunSugar

@MsAminta I used this curling iron that I use on my wigs. It curls synthetic hair on the first setting without burning. I've attached a picture of the straightened Marley braid which as you can see is a perfect match for 4a/b straightened hair. I did 2 passes.

Oh snap, I have these curlers! I'm gonna have to try this out.

virtuenow

What is the name of this wig? It is very nice. Why don't you just match your hair with this wig in the style it comes. Seems like it would be easier.

yardyspice

What is the name of this wig? It is very nice. Why don't you just match your hair with this wig in the style it comes. Seems like it would be easier.

That's what I do now with kinky curly wigs but I just wanted a change. I want to wear my hair straight without heat and plus I really love a challenge :grin:

Here's the info on the wig.

Last edited: