why the he!! cant i get waves!!???

L.Brown1114

well in my siggy, i did that puff on dry hair and didn't use any product to slick it down so i didn't have that much waves.

today i did my puff wet and i put on my HE LTR and smoothed it with one of those soft brushes and got deep waves.

my cuzzo has type 3c hair though, and her hair does not get the waves. the slick part of her puff will just be straight unless the does that puff on dry hair. so just experiment with it for a while maybe you will get them. ♥

the front of my hair is a very loose curl almost to the point where its straight, so maybe i cant get them in front but they curl up when i DC with silicone mix so maybe i can do it now!!

L.Brown1114

The only way i can get waves is if I let my hair dry completely before pulling it back that way the curls are already formed. If I apply gel and brush back into a pony it will be nothing but straight. Are you guys brushing the crown?

so should i also try letting my hair dry first and then pushing it back

Uber

Is that you in the vid L brown???

some people have told me before that they have never got waves no matter what they do. I get waves but not as deep as the some ladies on this site. I don't think the girl in the you tube vid has deep waves, they are similar to mine. If that's what you get, some people think you are blessed to get even those.

Sometimes the scarf mucks up my waves though, other times they are fine. I prefer to just apply gel wet or dry and smooth with hands.

TBH before I saw the pics on this site I didn't think my waves would be different from any one elses. I thought all black people with afro hair get exactly the same type of waves, but apparently we don't. Some of us none at all. In fact I don't think I paid much mind to my waves until someone mentioned to me how pretty there were.

Go with what you got LBrown!!

Last edited:

CrissieD

If you have thinner hair and more 3c than 4a you might be pulling too tight and brushing too much and stretching the waves. I have done that before and the hair gets pulled sort of straight. Also the scarf thing doesnt help with waves if you have thinner hair it just flattens it out more. I would suggest starting with damp hair not brushing @ all and using just a little gel @ your edges. If you have frizz around the hairline (like I do) use a scarf but fold it so its like a headband. That way it will flatten your frizzies but not your waves. Hope that helps