why the he!! cant i get waves!!???

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Even if you are a 3c/4a you may be a different sort of 3c/4a if that makes any sense. Even if you have the same hair type, your hair will not react the same way as another person with your same texture. Good luck to you.

Solitude

I'm relaxed, but I get waves when I'm stretching. I've found the hair has to be very moist and/or tied down with a scarf for a little while. Elasta QP glaze helps accentuate the waves (but it doesn't have great hold).

Stiletto_Diva

A scarf will make the waves more noticeable. Tie it tight on wet hair w/ gel and keep it on until it is mostly dry.

soon2bsl

A scarf will make the waves more noticeable. Tie it tight on wet hair w/ gel and keep it on until it is mostly dry.

I agree. A scarf really he's to have the waves more defined. I'm transitioning, but check out my profile pic. I was 5 months post at the time and always do the scarf method when I want my waves more defined. HTH.

SexySin985

ok so everytime i see someone with a puff they have waves in the front. i have 3c/4a curls! i should get some damn waves!! i did IC fantasia gel while my hair was wet and i got small ripples :angry2: WTF????? how do people get those deep waves??
i attatched a link to a video of the type of waves im talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MNGUg3--E&feature=related

ITA agree with everyone else. Yes The scarf REALLY helps:yep:. When your hair is wet apply your gel and tie it down tight for about 30 minsor until it dries.:grin:

SelfStyled

IA w/ the others OP. A scarf, w/ some moisture and some gel will do it. Why do you think the guys walk around w/ those durags? Ok, lol, some I am sure it's more fashion than waves- but you get the point.

freecurl

I have the same problem. My problem is that because I have low density hair, not only do I NOT get waves, but all you see is scalp.:blush: I really would like to see beautiful waves too, so I will try the aforementioned techniques here.

VidaStarr

honestly you just might not be able to get waves. It's really not that big of a deal. I have 4a/b hair and i can get waves but my friend who is 3c/4a can't. That's just life. I don't even know why you so desperately want these waves.

freecurl

honestly you just might not be able to get waves. It's really not that big of a deal. I have 4a/b hair and i can get waves but my friend who is 3c/4a can't. That's just life. I don't even know why you so desperately want these waves.

It is to the person who wants it. To the OP, it probably is a matter of technique and I hope it works.

PopLife

I agree with the scarf technique but it could also be the gel you are using.
IC fantasia gel makes my hair curl up instead of wave and it doesn't lay my hair down like gel.
I know this gel is a big no no on this board but I have always got beautiful deep waves by using Ampro Prostyle Gel :look: mixed with a cheap conditioner followed by tieing it down with a satin scarf. Ladies don't shoot me...lol.

VidaStarr

It is to the person who wants it. To the OP, it probably is a matter of technique and I hope it works.
All I'm sayin is that it just might not be for her cuz her hair isn't going to do it. If it does than good. But there is no needed to have unrealistic expectations of your hair. I'm not saying that she shouldn't try to get it. If that's what she wants then she should try all the techniques that are suggested. But I know that even with the techniques, it still might not be possible for her and her hair. I wish her luck tho.

Triniwegian

Deep waves are more pronounced in corkskrew type cury hair.
I get deep waves with some conditioner, while my niece has 3c/4a hair too but her hair does not curl up coily and she can't acheive the deep wave look.

bellebebe

girl, im relaxed n i have waves in the front of head lol. new growth but mama, when u do a pony tail, tie your head with a scarf until u head out. u will love it!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
The only way i can get waves is if I let my hair dry completely before pulling it back that way the curls are already formed. If I apply gel and brush back into a pony it will be nothing but straight. Are you guys brushing the crown?

mariofmagdal

When I wear a tightly secured bun, my hair is straight, however when I wear a loose bun, by twisting my hair only, my hair naturally waves. I use my regular moisturizers only, no scarf needed.

NaturalPath

The only way i can get waves is if I let my hair dry completely before pulling it back that way the curls are already formed. If I apply gel and brush back into a pony it will be nothing but straight. Are you guys brushing the crown?

This is exactly the same for me. I have found that if I want a puff/pony with waves I have to let it airdry first with minimal product THEN use a boar bristle brush to smooth it back with a little bit of oil.

If I use the scarf method on wet hair, it will make my crown area straight and flat.

chebaby

im a 3c and i dont get waves in the front either. my hair is very fine and kinda thin and when stretched is easily straightened. so when i pull my front back for a puff it straightens out.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
well in my siggy, i did that puff on dry hair and didn't use any product to slick it down so i didn't have that much waves.

today i did my puff wet and i put on my HE LTR and smoothed it with one of those soft brushes and got deep waves.

my cuzzo has type 3c hair though, and her hair does not get the waves. the slick part of her puff will just be straight unless the does that puff on dry hair. so just experiment with it for a while maybe you will get them. ♥

L.Brown1114

All I'm sayin is that it just might not be for her cuz her hair isn't going to do it. If it does than good. But there is no needed to have unrealistic expectations of your hair. I'm not saying that she shouldn't try to get it. If that's what she wants then she should try all the techniques that are suggested. But I know that even with the techniques, it still might not be possible for her and her hair. I wish her luck tho.

i dont have unrealistic expectations for my hair, i just became natural so i look at it as still getting to know it. maybe it is technique maybe it is my hair simply cant but either way im still gonna try :yawn: