So happy...what helped my itchy scalp.

Cayenne0622

My itchy scalp has been driving me completely insane!! I've been tearing at it with my nails lately because the itching won't stop. I shampoo'd last night with Nizoral (prescription)...supposed to be for scalp conditions and dandruff but my doc gave it to me for my shedding hair (hasn't worked). Anyway, I figured that would at least stop the itching....nope. I airdried and went to bed and woke up scratching like a maniac this morning. I mixed my B&B moisturizing lotion with aloe vera gel and peppermint oil and went through my entire head applying it to my scalp. IT WORKED!! My scalp feels so relieved and less tight and NO ITCHING. OHHH HAPPY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....OHHH HAPPY DAYYYYYYYYY!!!
:D

MrsHouston

Glad your scalp is feeling better, that peppermint oil does wonders for the scalp. I wonder if that shampoo dried your scalp out:confused:

Cayenne0622

MrsHouston said:
Glad your scalp is feeling better, that peppermint oil does wonders for the scalp. I wonder if that shampoo dried your scalp out:confused:

I don't know but I hope to be moving away from that shampoo and on to something else soon. Its top secret right now because I always get ahead of myself and jump the gun thinking something is going to or has worked and then I end up back here whining and looking for love and attention. hehehehehe:D

InnerSoul

my UBH deep conditioner has peppermint oil in it... and it relieves my itchy scalp wonderfully... so I am glad that you found a solution to your itchies:)

longhairluva

I had to do something about my son's itchy scalp so I took him to the dr and he prescribed Nizoral 2% cream. Since he did that I bought the over the counter shampoo also and it has worked wonders for him. I'm starting to wash my hair with this also.

Cayenne0622

longhairluva said:
I had to do something about my son's itchy scalp so I took him to the dr and he prescribed Nizoral 2% cream. Since he did that I bought the over the counter shampoo also and it has worked wonders for him. I'm starting to wash my hair with this also.

I've been using the Nizoral 2% shampoo since October. I wasn't even having an itchy scalp when it was prescribed to me. My doc prescribed it to stop my hairloss. My scalp started with these itchies in December. I tend to wonder if its due to the drier, colder weather. Who knows?

PatTodd

My scalp was itching something fierce toward the end of my shedding saga. Oiling my scalp with Amla oil overnight worked for me.

ChasingBliss

Cayenne0622 said:
I've been using the Nizoral 2% shampoo since October. I wasn't even having an itchy scalp when it was prescribed to me. My doc prescribed it to stop my hairloss. My scalp started with these itchies in December. I tend to wonder if its due to the drier, colder weather. Who knows?

Yes, I wonder this too because I had been going through the exact same thing you were. I wound up taking pure tea trea oil and a q-tip and applying it to all the itchy areas of my scalp. It brought my itchies to a halt. I also read that you can put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo to help with dry itchy scalp.

Im sure peppermint oil is good, but tea trea has medicinal properties from what i read and it's super soothing