Why is my head sore????

virgo_chinwe

I just took down my weave last night and I de-tangled and oiled with amla oil. I'm going to wash and condition tonight but my hair is just extremely sore still! (It was extremely painful to detangle). I had my weave in for a little over 2 months....but my scalp cant possible be sore from the weave can it (after all this time)?? Any suggestions to the scalp from hurting? thanx

Last edited:

HKKelly

I've actually experienced this prior to ever having a weave. So much so that I asked my dermatologist about it. She said that some people actually experience soreness when their hair is growing. The soreness I experienced would come and go...of course, I thought something was wrong at first, but I never experienced any hair loss or other adverse effects...I also didn't think about measuring it at the time, so I don't know if she's right or not, but for both of our sakes--I hope she is.

glamazon386

You're probably getting a growth spurt. My scalp is sore from time to time too. When i was relaxed it would usually happen around touch up time.

shinyblackhair

You're probably getting a growth spurt. My scalp is sore from time to time too. When i was relaxed it would usually happen around touch up time.

Funny that you mention that, because the other day my scalp was inexplicable sore. I have a twa and therefore no weave or ponytails or any tension whatsoever. I was beginning to wondering if my hair was growing. How exciting if that is really so...:grin: