Why do you deep condition more than once per week?

HairQueen

Hi ladies

Sorry if this has been discussed a million times before but I did a search and could not find my answer.

I currently deep conditon once per week without fail, but I am thinking of uping to twice per week, however this will mean DC'ing my hair after work when I am very tired and frankly the thought of it makes me think I just can't be bothered! However if I KNOW that it makes a huge difference to my hair it will motivate me to do it. I am currently shoulder length and want to get APL in the next 6 months.

Please can you tell me the difference you noticed by deep con 2x per week compared with 1x per week? Also I know that if I DC during the week I will not be able to dedicate the same time to it as I do at the weekend. Is your mid-week condition a lot quicker than your weekend one?

Thanks.

Last edited:

It~Can~Grow

I don't know if the DCing 2x per week, or everything (regimen) is kicking in and my hair is luving it :perplexed

However, I will say that my mid week process is modified down. My prepoo is cheapie conditioner and it only sits on my hair for 15 mins before rinsing, my DCing is 25-30 minutes and I moisturize and immediately bun.

On my Friday wash my pre poo is 30 min, DCing is 1 hour and I bantu or twist after the entire process.

Last edited:

Traycee

Well I deep condition more than once a week because I'm relaxed.... so I need the extra moisture or protein.......Keeps hair and ends from being dry (especially ends from getting split and breaking)......My hair loves it...

freshlikemoi

My hair loves it and it feels good. It is what gets me through my c&g method. I rock weaves so my top is always out, so I have to DC more often because the rest of my hair is protected while the top is pretty manipulated.

Brownie518

I do it because my hair loves it. I maintain moisture better and my hair is just in better condition overall. You should try it, schedule permitting, for a few weeks and see. You will love it, too!! :yep: And, more importantly, so will your hair.

gymfreak336

I do it because my hair loves it. I maintain moisture better and my hair is just in better condition overall. You should try it, schedule permitting, for a few weeks and see. You will love it, too!! :yep: And, more importantly, so will your hair.

ITA Plus it might benefit you to do it twice a week for maybe just even 2 weeks each relaxer cycle. You might be amazed at the difference.

I wash my hair atleast twice a week and I deep condition at every wash.

nappity

Im not relaxed but deep conditioning at least twice a week keeps my hair feeling moist and soft- just like I like it.
I understand your feeling pooped after a long day of work but you can just rinse your hair with water put in a deep conditioner and sit in the tub for 20 minutes in a nice relaxing bath and rinse it out and style as usual.
I found that for ease- a handheld shower attachment is great. No bending over a tub or sink for me!

Cleve_gryl

I DC 2x a week and its made a huge difference in my hair. I do spend more time on the weekend wash versus the midweek one. After work, I'll put conditioner on dry hair for about 30 minutes under heat and then wash. This saves time for me.

FlawedBeauty

i do it 2x a week with ORS Replensih Pak. I just love the way my hair feels after, and I don't think my hair minds either. It helps with strength and breakage for me.

HairQueen

Well I deep condition more than once a week because I'm relaxed.... so I need the extra moisture or protein.......Keeps hair and ends from being dry (especially ends from getting split and breaking)......My hair loves it...

That's what I would like to prevent - split ends and breakage! My hair is in pretty good shape with my 1x per week deep con but it breaks a lot, lots of little hairs in the sink EVERY single day and a few areas (like the crown) are very dry. I am def gonna try 2x per week in the hope that this stops it.

Thanks

HairQueen

Im not relaxed but deep conditioning at least twice a week keeps my hair feeling moist and soft- just like I like it.
I understand your feeling pooped after a long day of work but you can just rinse your hair with water put in a deep conditioner and sit in the tub for 20 minutes in a nice relaxing bath and rinse it out and style as usual.
I found that for ease- a handheld shower attachment is great. No bending over a tub or sink for me!

Great idea thanks! Sounds like a relaxing way to do it rather than it being a chore!

Hi ladies

Sorry if this has been discussed a million times before but I did a search and could not find my answer.

I currently deep conditon once per week without fail, but I am thinking of uping to twice per week, however this will mean DC'ing my hair after work when I am very tired and frankly the thought of it makes me think I just can't be bothered! However if I KNOW that it makes a huge difference to my hair it will motivate me to do it. I am currently shoulder length and want to get APL in the next 6 months.

Please can you tell me the difference you noticed by deep con 2x per week compared with 1x per week? Also I know that if I DC during the week I will not be able to dedicate the same time to it as I do at the weekend. Is your mid-week condition a lot quicker than your weekend one?
Thanks.

Sure...Depending how dry my hair becomes (I am on Accutane) I deep conditon 2xs and hot oil 1x p/week to combat dryness and minimize shedding.
I have less hair in combs, minimal tangles, smoother cuticles, and very moisturized hair. For me, the mid week is much quicker because I lather once and go under the dryer 15 min vice lathering 2x during the weekend, hot oil tx and 30 min under the dryer.

Miss*Tress

My hair is extremely dry and would definitely benefit from a 2X weekly DC, but I haven't the time or the energy. I get exhausted just thinking about it.

Miss*Tress

This is a great idea, nappity4b. I might try this.

_belle

^ what she said. . . my hair was ravaged after my relaxer, and those ends, boy oh boy thost ends. . . i started doing it often because I noticed that my curls had "bounce" when they were moisterized, they shined bright, and were super soft. . . much better than those stiff brillo curls I used to have. . . really helped the overall condition of my hair. . . until my hair started consistently getting the protein/moisture it needed, my hair would snap and break. now there are no little pieces on my shirt from me playin in my hair or styling it, my hair snaps back into place, and my curls are just softer. totally worth it in my opinion (for my hair, given it's prior condition). . . plus im in the DC challenge. :grin:

CarLiTa

I think I might try this too!
I've been trying to eliminate my breakage for a while now.

Aggie

That's what I would like to prevent - split ends and breakage! My hair is in pretty good shape with my 1x per week deep con but it breaks a lot, lots of little hairs in the sink EVERY single day and a few areas (like the crown) are very dry. I am def gonna try 2x per week in the hope that this stops it.

Thanks

Hi HairQueen, are you also moisturizing daily and using an oil sealant? This also helps between washes and DC-ing.

HairQueen

Hi HairQueen, are you also moisturizing daily and using an oil sealant? This also helps between washes and DC-ing.

Hi I try to moisturise daily but sometimes there just isn't the time in the morning or I am too tired at night.

Also I hate the greasy build up of products on my hair..

youwillrise

i just love the feeling of freshly deep conditioned hair.
and my hair loves it, too.

i usually cleanse and dc 2 to 3 times a week.