Color Rinse & Deep Condition

loved

I need to color (black) to do away w/ a few stray grays, but I want something where I can deep condition 1x week under a hood dryer & not lose my color. My hair is chemically relaxed, 4c. It would be nice if the color could follow a relaxer app. Suggestions?

loved said:
I need to color (black) to do away w/ a few stray grays, but I want something where I can deep condition 1x week under a hood dryer & not lose my color. My hair is chemically relaxed, 4c. It would be nice if the color could follow a relaxer app. Suggestions?
The only thing I can think of is Bigen..it ia a permanent hair color that can be used the same day as relaxing..in MY experience..hope the other members chime in with their advice

loved said:

Girl, when you figure this one out let me know. I use Sebastian Colourshines cellophane and it washes right off my grays since I deep cond twice a week. I may opt to try a demi-permanent since I'm told it lasts longer than the semi colors but yet are not damaging. I've been reluctant since it does have peroxide in it. Grays are very stubborn. I'll never do permanent so meanwhile I will have to just deal with it.

I used Sebastian Cellophanes Black Orchid and it's growing out like a permanent color. I used it three times directly after a relaxer. I condition wash daily and this color is not budging.

As someone mentioned, the Sebastians will last a long, long time if applied right after you relax. Your cuticles are open after you relax so the cellophane, which is designed to coat your hair can actually slightly penetrate it. I had one done on relaxer day and it lasted for months and months (I still had noticeable color on my gray hair through two susequent touch ups and it had to grow out as someone mentioned). Also, my stylist told me that things like neutralizing shampoo (if you use it in between relaxing) will strip off your cellophanes. To prolong your cellophane application, you'll need to use a color preserve shampoo....I use the shampoo and conditioner from Aveda. Use some in conjunction with your regular shampoo and conditioner and you should get better mileage from your cellophane. But remember, it is totally normal to see some of your color wash off each week. If you can, try it with the relaxer...the color will last for ages that way.

Back