To the ladies that deep condition once, or more, a week...

twists

do you also co wash frequently? I want to start co-washing more frequently and as of right now i'm deep conditioning once a week. But if i'm going to be co washing about twice a week or more is that really necessary? I know I should just go by what my hair tells me and all lol but i'm going to put in braids and so was thinking about deep conditioning twice a month when I took them out...I know sounds crazy lol...but ima college student and just trying to lessen my load of "hair work". TIA

I use to dc twice a week...no cowash, now I dc and cowash once a week. I'm a college student too so I know what you mean about hair work:yep: but I find that I just take a day that I have off to dc and one day of the week while I'm in the shower I just do a cowash wish does take much time out my routine and "hair work" don't seem like work:grin:

i actually do both. i cowash and dc often depending on how im going to wear my hair. for example i have been wearing wash n go's this wk so i have been alternating between cowashing and dc each day. when im just bunning i wash every 2-3 days and i do the same with alternating.

I deep condition usually once a week, sometimes two depending on how I am styling or how my hair is behaving. And I've never been a co-washer, maybe once here and there. But recently I've been co-washing more out of sheer laziness than anything and no problems. In fact, my hair is markedly softer and more cooperative. I was experiencing a problem with breakage and it has dramatically decreased. Not sure if I can attribute that to co-washing or something else I did, but I am seeing results. Co-washing and DCing are not the same thing though, and personally I would never stop DCing, whether I'm co-washing or not.

Okay so ladies, you don't ever have a fear of over conditioning your hair? or do you balance everything out with protein once and a while?

And goodmorningruby, I agree that co washing and DCing are not the same...that's why I don't want to stop it, just lessen my use if I could.

Oh and thank you ladies for your responses, very much appreciated! :D

Okay so ladies, you don't ever have a fear of over conditioning your hair? or do you balance everything out with protein once and a while?

And goodmorningruby, I agree that co washing and DCing are not the same...that's why I don't want to stop it, just lessen my use if I could.

Oh and thank you ladies for your responses, very much appreciated! :D

I don't think you can over-condition your hair! I like it too much. Once a week, I use Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor after I shampoo to maintain a protein-moisture balance.

I don't think you can over-condition your hair! I like it too much. Once a week, I use Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor after I shampoo to maintain a protein-moisture balance.

Well that's good to hear. Maybe i'll just alternate between protein and moisture deep conditioners. I don't even have a protein conditioner as of yet, guess I should get on that :look:

I am trying to stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks for the first time ever! I co-wash often (about 4x a week) and I never thought about DCing after a co-wash. I normally only DC on shampoo day.

I like the suggestion of DC 2x a week when you are 6 weeks post relaxer.

I am 42 weeks post today :yay: and transitioning.

I dc 1-3 times a week. I Co wash 3-7 days a week, depending on the style. I wet bun a lot. It has really helped this winter. I'm sure my routine will change some once I BC and throughout the summer.

Well, now that I have a TWA, I've been DCing like 3x a week... still looking for something to take the dryness away (just ordered AOHSR thanks to you ladies)

but before that once a week was the minimum and i just used protein whenever i felt my hair needed it, whether it be Motions CPR Constructor or Elasta Qp Breakage Serum, or something a bit stronger.

My hair is kinda short right now so it's easy to wash freguently. I co-wash twice a week (mostly to get the smell of MTG out of my hair! :grin: On the nights I put MTG in my hair, the following mornings I co-wash). I DC once a week.

I think it's only needed more than once a week if you have a problem with dry hair or dry scalp.

Mizani Moisturefuse
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Aphogee 2Min Reconstructor
Just to name a few
Thanks caramelma!

I am trying to stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks for the first time ever! I co-wash often (about 4x a week) and I never thought about DCing after a co-wash. I normally only DC on shampoo day.

I like the suggestion of DC 2x a week when you are 6 weeks post relaxer.
So do you only DC once a week? when's your shampoo day?
I am 42 weeks post today :yay: and transitioning.

I dc 1-3 times a week. I Co wash 3-7 days a week, depending on the style. I wet bun a lot. It has really helped this winter. I'm sure my routine will change some once I BC and throughout the summer.
Do you DC with heat 1-3 times a week? I want to use heat but I don't have a hooded dryer but my roomate does so I was going to ask if I could borrow hers once a week. I don't want to have to ask her for it so many times :nono:

I just got a steamer so I will be stepping it up to steam 1x a week & heating cap DC 1x a week
Where do you get your heating cap from? I could use one of those

Well, now that I have a TWA, I've been DCing like 3x a week... still looking for something to take the dryness away (just ordered AOHSR thanks to you ladies)

but before that once a week was the minimum and i just used protein whenever i felt my hair needed it, whether it be Motions CPR Constructor or Elasta Qp Breakage Serum, or something a bit stronger.
Hm, what's AOHSR? :spinning:

My hair is kinda short right now so it's easy to wash freguently. I co-wash twice a week (mostly to get the smell of MTG out of my hair! :grin: On the nights I put MTG in my hair, the following mornings I co-wash). I DC once a week.

I think it's only needed more than once a week if you have a problem with dry hair or dry scalp.
well since i've been co-washing I haven't really had a problem with dry hair or scalp, that's why i'm wondering if I can lessen the use my deep conditions.

Back