Who's using Hair Vitamins??? What works really well

BlkOnyx488

Question
is a mcg dosage smaller than a mg dosage?
I have 7500 mcg biotin, but would 3mg be a larger dosage?

JFemme

I recently purchased this product..but have yet to start 'em...:drunk:

I recently purchased this product..but have yet to start 'em...:drunk:

Omg I'm taking those also. i take it along with 5000mcg of biotin. they say biotin gives u bumps unless u take it with a b12 complex, so thats why i take them together. i've been using them for a week and my nails are growing already

lwilliams1922

I just ordred some freeda biotin.

I had really good growth with it about 3 years ago. I don't remember why I stopped. It could have been the cost. who knows, but I remember my hair grew even my eye brows.

Last edited:
I just ordred some freeda biotin.

I had really good growth with it about 3 years ago. I remember why I stopped. It could have been the cost. who knows, but I remember my hair grew even my eye brows.

How much mcgs are they? I got my biotin from walmart for only 4 dollars for 120 pills. they are 5000mcgs

lwilliams1922

How much mcgs are they? I got my biotin from walmart for only 4 dollars for 120 pills. they are 5000mcgs

10 mg for $26.21
I had tried quite a few brands with no real results before reading about this brand on when I first found this board.

www.koshervitamins.com/shop/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?showpage=1&page_id=23&Item_ID=179

makeupgirl

I've used 5000mcg biotin and my hair grew 1 inch in a month along with my nails getting stronger. I'm not going to say that acne is from the biotin because I have PCOS and I never know if the acne is from that but I also take a multi-vitamin just in case.

Diva_Esq

I'm going to blow dry and flat iron my hair for my monthly length check tonight, but I did just take a picture of my nails from my office for you all to see. I've been taking GNC Be Beautiful for slightly over 1 month. My nails have grown so strong and much longer than usual. I went from NO white when I started the vitamin (couldn't even scratch my own back! LOL) to this in a month:

Most remarkable is my thumbnail. I NEVER have white on my thumbnails! They break and split like crazy! I love these vitamins.

I'm going to blow dry and flat iron my hair for my monthly length check tonight, but I did just take a picture of my nails from my office for you all to see. I've been taking GNC Be Beautiful for slightly over 1 month. My nails have grown so strong and much longer than usual. I went from NO white when I started the vitamin (couldn't even scratch my own back! LOL) to this in a month:

Most remarkable is my thumbnail. I NEVER have white on my thumbnails! They break and split like crazy! I love these vitamins.

My nails are growing too. I'm sooooo excited!!! especially because i'm just getting into the whole healthy hair thing. I'm currently keeping my hair in a donut. i will be taking it down in month to flat iron it and see my growth. VITAMINS ARE THE ISH!!!! lol. I wish i knew about these a long time ago!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:

Imani

I have been taking the natures plus hair shake. I also got their hair vitamins but the msm was breaking me out. they have a version without msm and i am going to try those.

I have not noticed anything but I have been going to the salon and just pulling it back during the week. two different stylists at the salon have remarked that wow ur hair is growing.

I can kinda tell its growing but honestly have not really been paying attention to know if the shake is helping or not. plus the fact that I dont deal w it myself just washing at the salon, I plan to do it myself next week. I am transitioning so I will be able to see how its growing if i can get a good look at it wet

BellaLunie

I'm taking biotin,msm, vit c, silica, and fenugreek. I've had to slow down on the biotin because I started getting hair around my nipples.

ETA OP I took the biotin and MSM from Walmart, Spring Valey I believe and they didn't work for me. Only when I switched to the Vitamin Shoppe brand is when I saw results

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

Currently taking Maxi-Hair and 5000mcg Biotin......looking to add Nature's life Marine Collagen, Alta Silica, and Fish oil.

I have taken GNC Ultra Nourishair in the past and it's a good one. If Maxi-hair doesn't work, I will be going back to it.

My-Foolish-Heart

I have been taking the natures plus hair shake. I also got their hair vitamins but the msm was breaking me out. they have a version without msm and i am going to try those.

I have not noticed anything but I have been going to the salon and just pulling it back during the week. two different stylists at the salon have remarked that wow ur hair is growing.

I can kinda tell its growing but honestly have not really been paying attention to know if the shake is helping or not. plus the fact that I dont deal w it myself just washing at the salon, I plan to do it myself next week. I am transitioning so I will be able to see how its growing if i can get a good look at it wet

Where do you get the hair shake from?

Kimberly

Thanks for this thread! I have completely fallen off of my hair game and vitamins do play a vital role in optimum growth, imo.

No worries ladies... to each is own. Just FYI... omega 3-6-9 and chlorella are food supplements. It's really not that much.

i wish they had one pill with all of that in it. Your hair is gorgeous though. one of the pills i take now is huge, and they said to take 3 of them. uhhhhgggg!!!:wallbash: i just force it down and go about my day. i swear i hate taking pills!!!

loulou82

No worries ladies... to each is own. Just FYI... omega 3-6-9 and chlorella are food supplements. It's really not that much.

Thank you for posting the link. 1 inch in 6 weeks is the equivalent to 8 inches per year. My growth is 4 inches per year so I would definitely be interested in something healthy that would doubling it.

Reecie

i wish they had one pill with all of that in it. Your hair is gorgeous though. one of the pills i take now is huge, and they said to take 3 of them. uhhhhgggg!!!:wallbash: i just force it down and go about my day. i swear i hate taking pills!!!

Girl, I hear you. I HATE taking pills, so I chew mine. :eat: ... :look: even if it doesn't say "chewable". I just drink a flavored drink (gatorade/powerade) do I don't taste it.

TrendySocialite

I take a butt-load of vits...some are not just for hair.

Super B Complex (Spring Valley): Promotes growth and good muscle tone. Necessary for good vision, skin, hair, nails. Creates and helps maintain healthy skin. Improves circulation. May help restore gray hair to original color. Helps maintain proper balance of sodium and phosphorus in body.

Chlorofresh Chlorophyll (Nature's Way), 200 mg: Internal deodorant

Women's One Daily (Equate): multivitamin for overall health

Folic Acid (Spring Valley), 1600 mcg: helps prevent heart attacks when taken with B6 and B12. Essential for growth and regrowth of all body cells.

Vitamin C (Spring Valley), 1000 mg: A natural antihistamine. Essential for healthy teeth, gums and bones. Aids in absorption of iron. Major antioxidant nutrient.

MSM (Spring Valley), 1000 mg: Reduces and prevent hair fall out. Extends growth stage of hair.

Biotin (Rexall), 5000 mcg: Aids in the utilization of Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid and B12. Promotes healthy hair.

Conjugated Linolic Acid (Nature Made), 500 mg: Reduces abdominal fat.

L-Lysine (Spring Valley), 500 mg: Helps form collagen. Reduces bloodshot eyes. Insures adequate absorption of calcium.

Garlic

2themax

Biotin
MSM
Silica
Brewer's Yeast
Beta-Carotene
B-Complex
Multi (which contains everything that arr1216 takes)

I know it's a lot, but they DO work!!

Enyo

I've been using Max-Hair for six years. I swear by it. The only thing I hate is that if you quite for a while and go back, you get acne. I think it has something to do with the purging, because your skin looks soooo smooth after the initial outbreak.