Who's using Hair Vitamins??? What works really well

Are any of you ladies using hair vitamins , what kind and have u seen any growth from them? I'm currently taking 5mg of biotin and futurebiotics hair skin and nails vitamins. Has anyone tried these?

Lady S

Biotin worked for me. It worked too well. This was back when my hair was relaxed and I got sick of having to retouch so often.

mariofmagdal

I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have no idea if they are working or not.

Last edited:
I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have not idea if they are working or not.

I Got my futurebiotics from GNC, but those other hair vitamins were a little too expensive for me. I went to Walmart and found a bottle of biotin for 3 dollars. The ones i got from GNC had less biotin than the walmart biotin and it costs more, but maybe it's because it has other vitamins in it also

Bouncin&Behavin

I hear GNC hair skin and nails is really great. I bought the hair vitamins from the be beautiful line at GNC, but I am only on the first bottle, so I have no idea if they are working or not.

I second this. I use the one with 3000 mcg of Biotin. No face breakouts and my hair and nails are really growing. It took about a month before I noticed a difference. But BEWARE....they make ALL your hair grow....:perplexed

I second this. I use the one with 3000 mcg of Biotin. No face breakouts and my hair and nails are really growing. It took about a month before I noticed a difference. But BEWARE....they make ALL your hair grow....:perplexed

All of my hair? oh gosh.:ohwell: looks like i'l be doing a lot more shaving, especially since i'm a naturally hairy sista:lachen:

Day Dreamer

I finished a bottle of Vitabase Hair, skin, nails. It worked well on my hair and skin but nails were weaker than before I started taking it. I was interested in trying out the Purvana so I just started those.

Miss AJ

I've been taking GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair since January 12th and just recently added an extra mg of biotin just to get rid of what I had left before they expiration date, but I think I'm gonna keep it up to see what kind of results I get.

sqzbly1908

I have been taking Maxi-Hair for over a year...I started noticing the extra growth after using it for about 3 months....I was having to retouch more often but now I am stretching 9-12 weeks but sometimes I have to relax a little earlier...

I get them from vitacost.com and I love them....

I am also taking Flaxseed,Borage and Omega Capsules and just started incorporating Alta Silica this month

Vashti

I take Biotin along with a B-Complex. Started just this month. I noticed after only a week that my nails became stronger and one of my thumb nails that I had torn off just a few days ago is now repaired and healthy again! Seriously. I don't know what effect it's having on my hair at this point because it hasn't been quite a month yet, so we'll see. I only take 1000mg a day.

I take Biotin along with a B-Complex. Started just this month. I noticed after only a week that my nails became stronger and one of my thumb nails that I had torn off just a few days ago is now repaired and healthy again! Seriously. I don't know what effect it's having on my hair at this point because it hasn't been quite a month yet, so we'll see. I only take 1000mg a day.

Well it looks like u and i are in the same boat, I started this month also. But i take 5000mg and this vitamin from gnc called futurebiotics. Its a multi vitamin for hair skin and nails. My pic in my signature is my most recent pic so i will be postin another one in april or may so i can measure my growth. Keep me updated

doobiequeen88

:lachen::lachen:Im laughing because I know what you mean!!!!! I used to take 10mg a day and went down to 5mg for this reason...ugh!!

Vashti

Well it looks like u and i are in the same boat, I started this month also. But i take 5000mg and this vitamin from gnc called futurebiotics. Its a multi vitamin for hair skin and nails. My pic in my signature is my most recent pic so i will be postin another one in april or may so i can measure my growth. Keep me updated

You know, I've noticed a lot of ladies here take the high dosage biotin supplements (5,000, 7500). I think I'll up my dosage to 5000 after my current bottle is done.

Bronxcutie

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin. As a previous poster said,it works too well! LOL! The new growth and shaving is crazy!

Diva_Esq

I take Be Beautiful GNC vitamins for hair, nails & skin. They're about $19 for a 2 month supply. They have 3000 mcg of Biotin in them. My nails are SUPER long after a month & a week...and stronger than ever before! And my hair breaks and sheds less and is growing really well!

I'm hearing so many great stories about vitamins, i cant wait till i see some results. I think i might notice a little growth in my nails already. idk,maybe i'm just so excited. lol:rolleyes:

Charlie555

I take 5mg of biotin, b complex, msm & vitamin C for growth. And garlic pills to stop shedding plus fish oil.

Last edited:

taj

Excellent!! I've gained growth, thickness and shiny strands from Viviscal and Nioxin. I've also used Biotin and achieved the same results. Multi- Vitamin, B-complex, Vitamin C and NAC are also on my list.

Last edited:
I'm still taking my vitamins and i also decided that i will be wearing my hair in a donut for the next month and i will be baggying at night. i also decided not to put any heat on my hair except for when i sit under th dryer for dc. i KNOW i'm gonna see some kind of results now

baddison

natural for good
I am currently trying our GNC UltraNourish Hair along with GNC Women's Ultra Mega (multivitamins). I am seeing an increase in shedding...wondering if I should be concerned??:perplexed

If I'm not mistaken, I think I am seeing more shedding with these vits then when I was taking Nioxin. I know shedding is supposed to mean old hair is making way for new hair....but I'm sure my shedding is a bit much than I'm used to seeing...:nono:

LadyPaniolo

I have used and :love: Vitamins for the Hair from Puritan's Pride. I credit those vitamins, along with protective styling, with most of my growth. The baby boy I was nursing for 26 months while I took those vitamins has MBL hair now!!! I only weaned him a few months ago. He was getting all that nutrition from the vits and his hair is way longer than DD's was at that age.

Right now I'm taking gelatin, biotin, b-complex and my prenatals. Once I run out I'm just going to do the Mega Vitamins for the hair, gelatin and prenatals. Maybe I'll add that marine collagen too.

People sleep on hair vitamins too much :imo: In every random hair thoughts thread there is someone talking smack about vitamins, but the proof is in the pudding.

indarican

i take both GNC hair and nail vitamin as well as biotin. they are working pretty good for me. Lots of new growth havent gotten a touch up since i started so i dont know how much yet.

a_shoe_6307

I use biotin and Nioxin hair vitamins. They work really well. They biotin has my nails and hair growing like crazy.

I am currently trying our GNC UltraNourish Hair along with GNC Women's Ultra Mega (multivitamins). I am seeing an increase in shedding...wondering if I should be concerned??:perplexed

If I'm not mistaken, I think I am seeing more shedding with these vits then when I was taking Nioxin. I know shedding is supposed to mean old hair is making way for new hair....but I'm sure my shedding is a bit much than I'm used to seeing...:nono:

Maybe you should just switch to biotin and take ur multi vitamin. I've never heard of vitamins causing shedding.:nono: Maybe its something in that vitamin that ur body just doesn't like. I heard garlic pills help shedding.